Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lanka build

genr8k

Question

I normally use the lanka for sniper sorties.  I would use sniper more, but they are almost useless in the game.

I just got a Lanka Riven mod  +167.3 Critical chance +59.4 Reload speed.  

Here is what I am thinking, Aura: Dead Eye Mods: Serration, Point strike, riven, Vital sense, split chamber, Heavy Caliber, shred

The riven and Point strike gives me 104 critical chance, and Vital sense gives me 4x crit damage.  The last spot would go to a Bane Mod or an elemental mod.  

I have 1 forma on it now for serration.  I would have to add another 3-4 forma in order to put all the mods on it.  

with no scope i can 1 hit kill lvl 35-40 grineer, Using only serration, Point strike and Riven,

Questions:

would charged chamber help? with the riven the reload speed would is nice, but i would still have to charge it to fire.

Is the riven mod worth the space?

I tried using warframe builder but i couldn't add the riven mod.

Edit:

Should I increase status, or should i stay with a strait damage build?

How good would bladed rounds be?

Edited by shiro.OoKami

3 answers to this question

The Riven seems to tie that build together nicely. I'd possibly agree with @KYLoooo for exchanging the Bane mod for an elemental, but Heavy Caliber is good if you don't fully rank it to avoid inaccuracy issues.

I'd throw a Speed Trigger on there myself to help make that shooting just a bit faster, but it's up to your tastes. Sacrifice some raw damage for overall more DPS? Sounds good to me.

As for your question about Charged Chamber, it's good for a weapon like the Lanka where reloading is the norm, but otherwise not worth the space for other things because it's too situational to me. If you feel yourself relying or craving that first shot damage, perhaps experiment between two build presets until you find what you like the most.

And for Bladed Rounds, if you're the take-a-squad-down kind of sniper and generally on high-damage focused rifles, then by all means use it if you have it or try it some day. You get 9 seconds at full rank and it adds to any other Crit damage on the build; while also giving you enough time to reload, the timer restarts every time you get a kill, even if it's not counted to 0, which makes this particularly useful. Have to zoom though to get the benefit. 120%+ Crit damage can be pretty appealing for this kind of weapon.

P.S. Disable that sniper scope visual in the options if it annoys you, just a friendly reminder if you dislike it and want more unobstructed viewing :)

2 hours ago, Tayrma_T said:

I'd throw a Speed Trigger on there myself to help make that shooting just a bit faster, but it's up to your tastes. Sacrifice some raw damage for overall more DPS? Sounds good to me.

I'd use Speed Trigger in place of Shred.  Shred gives you less fire rate and the Lanka already has a ton of punchthrough (rare for a sniper).