Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Base stat token system

CephalonMcLaubs

So say I had a cool looking weapon, but no matter how I modded it there was no way it was viable end game. What if there was a way to enhance base stats via some token? Each token would raise one state by a percentage based on riven disposition. That would alleviate people using it on the Soma or Simulor without nerfing those respective weapons. Rng stat tokens as a reward would be a powerful incentive for any new mission.

8 minutes ago, Crazyben36 said:

So say I had a cool looking weapon, but no matter how I modded it there was no way it was viable end game. What if there was a way to enhance base stats via some token? Each token would raise one state by a percentage based on riven disposition. That would alleviate people using it on the Soma or Simulor without nerfing those respective weapons. Rng stat tokens as a reward would be a powerful incentive for any new mission.

What weapon?

2 minutes ago, Crazyben36 said:

There are a lot of weapons that need some love. Including the gorgon, karak, stradavar, and some of the beam weapons, and if I had the game launched I could list more. But those were the ones I had in mind.

It's clear you're low on mods now, or at least are gimping yourself in your builds.

I'm in the Simulacrum right now able to decimate level 50 enemies with a regular, unforma'd gorgon.

Should I do it with the Karak, and some beam weapons too?

And if you're saying the Stradavar is bad, then you're definitely modding poorly.

4 minutes ago, Crazyben36 said:

There are a lot of weapons that need some love. Including the gorgon, karak, stradavar, and some of the beam weapons, and if I had the game launched I could list more. But those were the ones I had in mind.

grakataaaaaaa ;D

18 hours ago, Crazyben36 said:

This System already exists, those tokens are called Riven mods...

21 hours ago, Crazyben36 said:

Question here:
What would stop players from just putting the tokens they get onto the already strong meta-weapons and making them even stronger?
Sure the increase would be weaker, but what's going to stop me from dumping all of them into the already meta level weapons?
I could put a token in my Lato and still get a weapon that is not end-game viable, or I could put a token into my Vaykor Marelok and get a hek of a lot more out of it.

Also:
What you want is basically "Riven mods on top of riven mods" as your idea quite literally does nothing that rivens don't already do....

Edited by Tsukinoki