Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Boss should be Puzzle, and/or Strategic Dodging

(XBOX)WoEyeOgre

I wish they would have fights like dark souls that was the right kind of fun and what? no invincibility to kill time and solve an annoying puzzle? I know its not easy to think up concepts for boss fights but most of it consists of boss runs away burns time ... or solve this puzzle... not even my favorite boss fight Tyl Rigor is safe from this .. its .. what the word I'm looking ... oh yeah ... annoying ... instead of making everything invulnerable during phases or altogether. Its like a boss is looming over you ready to fight but you really need to solve that cross word puzzle in the corner of the room first..  it kills my fun more than anything. what are all of your guy's thoughts on this subject.

They touched on this in the last devstream. Player's damage/power makes it difficult to make meaningful bosses, since most will just get oneshot'd. DE could probably look at some boss fights from Dark Souls and other games to get some ideas for mechanics to make them last longer without invulnerability phases. I personally feel like Sargas Ruk is a pretty good attempt(minus his invulnerability). DE could probably remove his invulnerability and give him ~99% damage reduction on the parts of his body that isn't a weakpoint -- he may last a bit with a health buff too.