Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Lack Of A Kick Option

Demiplume

Hiyo~

Ive been wanting to do Xini defense mission with other random peoples this morning... but i cant! Whenever i join a game online, it puts me in this guy afking the spawn! So what happens is the whole mission wont start, and it gives me no option to start my own -online- Xini mission on the side.

Now I dont want to accuse the player for being afk there... some sort of kick/afk system or better map design is clearly lacking.

My recommendation is either an autokick feature, in which after 5 minutes of a player afking, a vote pop up for the other players. That or an integral voting system... that is minimal enough so that players wont troll with it.

I do know other posts of this nature exist, but I must say im kind sad I wont be getting my Xini fix this morning (not enough players this early to fill a 2nd game.).

Also good morning GM, I saw your pretty red text ^_^. *Throws a ninja toast and a cup of coffee"

One step forward could possibly cancel the countdown, so a timed kick feature would not work as well as everyone thinks and probably be more fine-tuning than it's worth.

Personally I would just go for a "vote-kick" option that requires all three other players (or completely unanimous decision amongst all other players) to vote-kick someone.  

Or even a "Break off/voluntary migration" for the host and allow the host /new host to determine who joins their game

Also "Blocking" players from matchmaking would be another feature that would be cool, 

A blacklist would be a better option overall. Play a game once with someone, black list them, and never play with that player again. Problem solved.

As for vote kicking I disagree UNLESS it is AFK vote kicking only.

And they can fine-tune it:

If the player is AFK for a decent amount of time and performs no options allow the other players to vote to kick them.

If the player has been in a room without any other team mates with them for a decent amount of time, regardless of movement, allow the other players to vote to kick them. This will allow for people to kick someone who weights down their W key to run against a wall endlessly.

Beyond those two circumstances no other kicking feature should be available to avoid giving trolls another griefing tool to use.

Edited by Tsukinoki