Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mission fail timer out of nowhere in solo Lua Spy

_Mozzy_

If a mission is going to have a time limit, please clearly state it at the beginning of a mission.

Randomly starting a 60 second mission fail timer on someone while they're taking their time to remember how to do Lua Spy is just not cricket. I've played Warframe for 2500+ hours and never had this happen before. Also worth noting that this happened to me while playing solo and as a result I didn't get to complete the sorties today. I was on the final vault when it happened and it definitely wasn't the vault alarms being set off. Anyone else had this happen before/ know what the hidden arbitrary time limit is/ whether it applies to all missions? 

3 hours ago, _Mozzy_ said:

Anyone else had this happen before/ know what the hidden arbitrary time limit is/ whether it applies to all missions? 

if you're referring to the "mission failure" timer then yes I was fighting jordas golem during the quest and the little jerk popped up cause I was taking to long to kill him (even though he takes ages to kill, unless you have odonata+grattler)

AFAIK it's a timer that pops up when you haven't killed any enemies in a while during a mission, you can get rid of it/reset it by killing an enemy (found this out while I was fighting jordas,it appeared and then I killed one of his minions and it went away) , and I think it applies to all mission types

23 minutes ago, Wolfiusz said:

I may be wrong (and probably am and someone will correct me), but afaik it's 15 minutes for a non-endless mission.

3 minutes ago, Ninjadeath721 said:

AFAIK it's a timer that pops up when you haven't killed any enemies in a while during a mission, you can get rid of it/reset it by killing an enemy (found this out while I was fighting jordas,it appeared and then I killed one of his minions and it went away) , and I think it applies to all mission types

I guess that would make sense as I killed only perhaps a couple of enemies at the beginning of the mission and avoided them after that. I assume the point of having such a timer is to stop people afking in missions? Although I don't see why this would be a problem in solo mode. Either way I feel like it needs to be extended when playing solo at least (it also seems likely that said timer was implemented when the game didn't have such long non endless missions).

5 minutes ago, _Mozzy_ said:

Either way I feel like it needs to be extended when playing solo at least (it also seems likely that said timer was implemented when the game didn't have such long non endless missions).

I'm not really sure why this is needed in the first place. It doesn't really make any sense to have such a timer.

35 minutes ago, _Mozzy_ said:

I guess that would make sense as I killed only perhaps a couple of enemies at the beginning of the mission and avoided them after that. I assume the point of having such a timer is to stop people afking in missions? Although I don't see why this would be a problem in solo mode. Either way I feel like it needs to be extended when playing solo at least (it also seems likely that said timer was implemented when the game didn't have such long non endless missions).

Are you sure you were in solo and not invite only? You can keep a solo mission open for days - I solo a lot since it allows me to pause and alt-tab out whenever I need to. Might be you need to pause though, I probably never idled for 15 minutes without pausing, not entirely sure.

18 minutes ago, Snib said:

Are you sure you were in solo and not invite only? You can keep a solo mission open for days - I solo a lot since it allows me to pause and alt-tab out whenever I need to. Might be you need to pause though, I probably never idled for 15 minutes without pausing, not entirely sure.

Yeah I definitely was in solo, I did pause and alt tab a couple of times, it must of been the fact that I wasn't killing anything, I spent a couple of minutes waiting for my energy to regen a bit too plus I spent a long time exploring the vaults and the different paths through them.

2 minutes ago, _Mozzy_ said:

Yeah I definitely was in solo, I did pause and alt tab a couple of times, it must of been the fact that I wasn't killing anything, I spent a couple of minutes waiting for my energy to regen a bit too plus I spent a long time exploring the vaults and the different paths through them.

Fair enough. The timer is based on earning affinity, not on killing, by the way. 

On 9/22/2016 at 11:38 PM, Chroia said:

As per U18.5 patchnotes,

Exterminate Missions now require a players to earn a kill every 15 minutes.  A 20 second warning will be given before the end of the 15 minute period, at which point players that have not killed an enemy will automatically fail the Mission.  *Please note: This timer is cancelled when an Exterminate Objective has been completed, allowing players to roam a level for as long as they like!

It's been supposed to be Exterminate only, since implementation.
It hasn't been.