Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mag Magnetize (Bullet attractor question)

TaylorsContraction

Question

I've been playing with my Mag and while she has insane damage potential, I'm finding that her lack of defenses makes her very difficult to solo with. It seems there is something I am seriously not understanding about bullet attractor (now magnetize) that hopefully people can help me with.

1) It sais that it pulls enemies toward it, which sometimes I see it do, but I also see enemies running right through it all the time as if it weren't there. Especially infested. Is this a bug, bad behaviour, or is there some hard limit to how many enemies it can trap. Does the original target needs to be alive for the trapping part to work?

2) What goes and doesn't go through bullet attractor? Dang it I mean magnetize... My first thought was to make this a huge bubble and then use it as a shield to hide behind. But I found some bullets go right through and am not sure what's going on. Does it only stop projectiles?

3) Similar question to (2), my next thought was since hiding behind the magnetize bubble didn't work, maybe I can hide inside it. Using maximum range and as long as nothing is melee smacking me inside it, I'll be safe, right? Nope.jpg. Even while standing inside the bubble, enemies gun me down, even enemies that I've cast it on can still shoot me. I don't even effing know what's happening anymore. Can someone plesase explain to me in detail how this ability works and if it can be used defensively at all?

2 answers to this question

1) The bubble attracts enemies but it is not 100% guarantee. Some enemies will end up scaping ( it happens a lot with infested really). The target doesnt have to be alive ( it only affects the final explosion)

2) I guess this should not happen. Are you sure it didnt come from a different direction?

3) If you enter the bubble, the enemies will shoot and hurt you.

To effectively use Mag as a defensive tool, you should place strategic bubbles around the room. You can hide behind it, but you cant use it like frost or volt where you can stay stationary behind it. If you see an enemy escaping and heading towards you, cast another bubble.

Another tip is to have the range and duration that you feel confortable with. A bad placed bubble with a long duration will hurt more than help for instance. 

Hope this helps man.

1) pulling enemies is not guarantee. Especially no to enemies moving fast. 

2) it will direct bullets into the center of the globe if they are shooting anywhere into the globe. But bullets not shooting into the globe won't get pull by it. The corpus MOA enemy can shoot its laser through it just like it did for frost globe. 

3) the globe is basically for bullets moving inside, so staying inside means you let enemy shoot you easier as if you're the globe's target.