Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Female Warframe Walk Animation Should Be More... Feminine.

JayKay1080

I honestly don't like the idea of every female character having "Super Sensual Feminine Walks," but I think the Sayrn needs it. I mean, for lotus's sake, she looks like a unique and beautiful rose that's obsessed with beauty!!!!

....but I dunno, that's just my opinion....

For the record "feminine walk" is not the same as "sexualized walk".

The very existence of a "feminine walk" is evidence of sexualization. Which isn't a problem unless you're a tumblr feminist, but lets not pretend society didn't make up the idea. Just look at how scientific this documentation on "feminine walking" is.

"I demand Nova be given cameltoe. It's nothing to do with sexualisation, after all, women do have crotches IRL!"

"I don't think the walk/run cycle reflects accurately the centre of gravity on the tenno bodies. So make it sexy."

D:

look if you genuinely can't see why this is a bad request: it's because you're declaring that walking a specific way is "feminine" and thus that if women don't walk like that, they have an unfeminine walk. Clear?

Lore states warframes are suits and not avatars, yes? so it's literally the same creature walking. It's the same skeleton. Leave it how it bloody is for that reason alone, if not out of bare-minimum respect for the situation of women in society ._.

one of the reasons why I like this game so much is that they don't try to make the female warframes look sexy. I don't wanna go into battle with huge boobs that bounce around every step I take. I don't want to look sexy while I murder things. I just wanna kill things. I like how the female warframes are now.

Sex appeal doesn't work on me, and in fact turns me off. I would much rather the female frames walk like badasses than like prissy prom queens who are too afraid to get their hands dirty.

I always thought of the female frames as Samus from the Metroid series. Serious, and not always flirty. I can't stress this enough. I hate when sex appeal is implemented on female characters in video games, because it ruins the "our race / planet / way of life is in danger" feel that these modern games have.

How would you feel if at the end of Halo 3 Miranda Keys strutted out of her pelican and... Idk there was a magical strip pole in the room and she started dancing. That would ruin the game for me, and my childhood, and I wouldn't be the same person I am now.

The point is, just because they're girls, doesn't mean they have to be "sexy." I actually prefer smaller boobs, and "manlier" hip movements, because that tells me I can appreciate these girls who are serious about getting the job done right. If you wanna see "sexy" girls fighting, just watch anime.

Other than that I appreciate what you're saying, and that you're willing to voice your opinion, and that you're a 3d animator. I actually would love to be an animator myself, and I think you're lucky to have that skill. Please don't ruin it by setting up obstacles like that for yourself. All women don't have to be feminine, and all men don't have to be masculine. Characters should be unique in how they act, and everything they do should reflect that. A well designed character probably wouldn't like battle, but act like a white teenage girl named Ashley.   

you must have seen what makes Catwoman such an incredibly sexy character, is the walk / run cycle,( and all of the other attack / event animations) and not a big chest.

i'd rather stare at badasses than just badonks so no to sexy women being in muh space ninjas but i can agree with dif attack animations to a more fluid fighting style.

Edited by Lampshade

Judging by how DE design the female warframes visually I doubt there is much to worry about if they make male/female animations that they will be over the top.  Just enough to define male/female should be fine and get rid of some ugly animations (broad shoulder Mag with Kogake) should be enough.  Although the teams other idea of a Heavy/Mid/Light weight animations might do the job as well.