Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Is the Tennogen For Consoles Decided?

(XBOX)TheMadCash

I'm curious because I've heard that only the "best sellers" from pc gets to come over to console but this is a little sad. There are some awesome creations I'm assuming "aren't the best sellers" over on pc and they won't come over to consoles because they don't sell well on pc? The ones we got now are great nonetheless but there was some that didn't make the cut that I would've bought in a heartbeat.

Console can get all the skins PC does, as long as the creator of the content signs the new contract between DE/the console company/themselves. Some of the creators don't want their work on console because the form of compensation they get for the purchase is not something they can use or want, or they simply want it only on the PC.

7 minutes ago, NeithanDiniem said:

or they simply want it only on the PC.

seems like a rather elitist thing, why would content creators want exclusivity? anyone like that doesn't deserve to have their stuff added to the game IMO.

as for the decisions, it's just a case of some making the cut and some not. I love most of what we've been given so far, and if we can keep getting stuff at the same time as PC, that'd be even better.

Just now, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

seems like a rather elitist thing, why would content creators want exclusivity? anyone like that doesn't deserve to have their stuff added to the game IMO.

as for the decisions, it's just a case of some making the cut and some not. I love most of what we've been given so far, and if we can keep getting stuff at the same time as PC, that'd be even better.

They created it, they own the rights to limit where DE can use it. And it ties into what I said with the payback they get. I'm not aware that the creators get paid actual money for the sale of their tennogen items on console, I was under the impression that it was a platinum payment made to them since on console the items are bought with plat, and plat cannot be refunded as actual currency except in the event of a refund ticket through support.