Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I think all bosses should change

(PSN)Chino_Feo_1337

Does it make sense to you to unlock nodes on a planet, get to the assasination node, to then kill its boss multiple times if you want to get a new warframe?

Why/How is it possible that the intended way to get a frame's parts is to kill a boss more than once? It seems super strange to me, does the boss keep resurrecting all of the sudden? Every time you repeat an assasination mission the Lotus tells you eliminating the target will be benefitial for the tenno in some way, but how does that work if you come back 5 minutes later and he's magically on the same place again? I know it's supposed to be this way but it makes no sense lore-wise (and no, people don't play warframe for the lore) and feels grindy and uninteresting.

What i'm saying is that I think the process of getting all the parts neccesary to build a warframe which requires killing a boss should be sort of like the law of retribuition raid, with three separate 'stages' leading to the final boss, in this case Vay Hek. Without the level 80 enemies of course. Each separate stage would be like completing a certain task leading to the encounter with said boss, and they all should reward the player with a part of the warframe the assasination mission set is supposed to grant.

Example: (Hyena pack)

Mission 1: Gather intel on the whereabouts of the experimental corpus proxies (Spy)

Mission 2: Get into the research facility (Archwing exterminate)

Mission 3: Eliminate the Hyena pack

Each mission would give you a Loki part blueprint upon completion.

I liked doing the Sands of Inaros quest, I definately think it's a step in the right direction.

Hey, I know this would require great effort from the developers, after all making the game interesting is hard. It's just a dream of mine, I want the game to be immersive, and I love when DE eliminates at least some RNG from the game.

Spoiler

I just made the hyena thing up, it doesn't need to be like that. For example, the Sands of Inaros quest.

Edit: I forgot to say this would require some 'compensation' in parts of the games affected by bosses, like rare resource drops, sorties, nightmare missions and so on. Thanks to the people below for pointing it out.

Edited by (PS4)Chino_Feo_1337
Small addition and grammar issues

21 minutes ago, (PS4)Chino_Feo_1337 said:

Why/How is it possible that the intended way to get a frame's parts is to kill a boss more than once? It seems super strange to me, does the boss keep resurrecting all of the sudden?

I think you forgot the part where its a game.

3 hours ago, Damuranashi said:

So when I want to farm Orokin Cells, I have to do three missions to only have one chance to kill Sargas Ruk and have RNG decide if he will drop an Orokin Cell. 

By your logic , you would only be able to beat videogames once.

Hey, I'm not saying you shouldn't be able to do the missions more than once, i'm not against that. What I'm trying to say is that changes like the one I proposed would make the game feel less grindy, and also make you feel you are actually accomplishing something by running missions. There is already a bunch of things related to the 'lore' of warframe you can repeat freely, like the raids and the warframe quests. I understand warframe is not a game you would play for its story, and it will never be like that.

Just now, (PS4)Chino_Feo_1337 said:

Hey, I'm not saying you shouldn't be able to do the missions more than once, i'm not against that. What I'm trying to say is that changes like the one I proposed would make the game feel less grindy, and also make you feel you are actually accomplishing something by running missions. There is already a bunch of things related to the 'lore' of warframe you can repeat freely, like the raids and the warframe quests. I understand warframe is not a game you would play for its story, and it will never be like that.

Dude I love the story of Warframe. And your proposal makes it more grindy. Instead of going to the boss directly, I would have to make two additional missions, with the chance I don't get the resource I want to drop at the end.

5 minutes ago, Damuranashi said:

Dude I love the story of Warframe. And your proposal makes it more grindy. Instead of going to the boss directly, I would have to make two additional missions, with the chance I don't get the resource I want to drop at the end.

By 'you' I meant the general public of the game. Sorry for the misunderstanding. About the orokin cell thing (or any other resource you can get from a boss), I think killing the boss on a planet should give you the rare resource of the planet for granted. I know this wouldn't be viable from a farming standpoint considering the changes I proposed, but hey it's a bonus. Most hard resources aren't that hard to get anyways, with the exception of nitain extract or tellurium. What gets me about the current system is having to do the same mission, to kill the same boss at least 3 times in a row, and that would be a 33% chance of you getting perfect luck. I also enjoy the story of warframe, really enjoyed Natah and The Second Dream, but I mean it's not the primary focus for most people.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Chino_Feo_1337 said:

By 'you' I meant the general public of the game. Sorry for the misunderstanding. About the orokin cell thing (or any other resource you can get from a boss), I think killing the boss on a planet should give you the rare resource of the planet for granted. I know this wouldn't be viable from a farming standpoint considering the changes I proposed, but hey it's a bonus. Most hard resources aren't that hard to get anyways, with the exception of nitain extract or tellurium. What gets me about the current system is having to do the same mission, to kill the same boss at least 3 times in a row, and that would be a 33% chance of you getting perfect luck. I also enjoy the story of warframe, really enjoyed Natah and The Second Dream, but I mean it's not the primary focus for most people.

The thing is that I cannot come with a good solution when it come to rare resources. As you said, having it being guaranteed would be too easy, but then you see weapons that need 10 Orokin Cells and you need to kill Ruk like 20 times to get them. 

Edited by Damuranashi

I like the idea of the bosses being multi-staged in this way, except for the fact that it doesn't account for the items the bosses drop, only the frames that are given. If the boss drops something interesting out of probability(like mods or weapon parts), that whole process must be repeated unless those are also changed to being guaranteed rewards. Also, this affects more than just the grind of the game, it also affects the Sortie (which some people can barely fit into their schedules) by essentially doubling the time it takes on that particular day that assassinations are required. Having to do the boss repeatedly can also familiarize said boss so sortie assassinations are more manageable, but your suggestion potentially removes that process by removing an incentive to replay the boss.

On 11/02/2017 at 8:25 PM, (PS4)Chino_Feo_1337 said:

Most likely. Although I guess it would lessen the grind factor (EQUINOX!!!!1)

Lore wise theres probably less that 100 Tenno in total. Some things have to bend to make the game playable as a game.

That would be a neat way to handle the bosses, I like it. 

In fact, I was thinking of a similar thing for the Invasions: rather than repeating the same fight 3 times, stage it - say, your goal is to rescue POWs. Then you could do a sabotage / exterminate (distract the enemy), a spy / mobile defense (locate the prisoner), then a rescue. Rather than just grinding three exterminates, or killing Phorid ad nauseam

For the Invasions - which I understand probably aren't top of the list for major overhaul - new mission types would be neat, too. Supply acquisition; reconnaissance; blockade running, etc. 

But to the OP: yeah, it would be cool to have it be a little less repetitive. It is what it is, but I like your idea!

10 hours ago, (Xbox One)CannyJack said:

In fact, I was thinking of a similar thing for the Invasions: rather than repeating the same fight 3 times, stage it - say, your goal is to rescue POWs. Then you could do a sabotage / exterminate (distract the enemy), a spy / mobile defense (locate the prisoner), then a rescue. Rather than just grinding three exterminates, or killing Phorid ad nauseam

For the Invasions - which I understand probably aren't top of the list for major overhaul - new mission types would be neat, too. Supply acquisition; reconnaissance; blockade running, etc. 

Cool idea! It reminds me of how the sorties work. I'd love to have more missions that require you to do more than one thing, like the kuva fortress assault for example.