Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

On Kuva Fortress and Alarms, QoL suggestion

HarrodTasker

On every tile set other than the Kuva Fortress, alarms work a certain way:  If you act un-ninja-like then there's a loud noise and everyone knows where you are.  Continue to act un-ninja-like and doors shut until you hack.

One thing that doesn't make sense though, is if you're doing a mission type where all the baddies know where you are anyway.  This is why there aren't alarms on defense missions for instance.  And as of the first terminal this system doesn't make sense on mobile defenses.  This is an extremely minor complaint before getting to the Kuva Fotress on Mobile Defense sorties.

Kuva Fortress alarms are loud.  Louder than they need to be.  A lot louder than they need to be.  They also continue to sound the whole time, rather than merely making a sound so you know you were un-ninja-like and alerting you to the presence of places to hack the alarms.  This brings me to another point, the places where you hack the alarms do not show up on the minimap.  Why are the alarms SO LOUD and why do they continue to make noise literally forever?  What possible purpose is there for this increased nuisance compared to every other tile set in the  game?

My quality of life suggestion is twofold:  For one, on all mobile defences, alarms are either disabled entirely during a mobile defense terminal phase or at minimum the level can not be raised during those phases.  (Possible exception being when blowing out corpus class but that's another topic entirely.)  During MD terminal phases it is assume that all enemies already know where you are and are alerted accost the entire map.  There is no need to deafen me on the Kuva Fortress.  Once you finish a mobile defense terminal alarms should be again relevant until you reach the next terminal or stage exit.

Secondly, the kuva fortress alarms should blaze that loud klaxon for only a few seconds as per how alarms work in every other tile set.  After that your indication that there is a raised level of alert should be the standard minimap icons showing alarm level at hackable terminals, as per every other tile set.  This change confuses the notion of heightened security and sonic torture.  Its a bad thing when people play with the sound muted.

Related, its kind of a jerk move having kuva fortress lasers that point directly at the MD terminals.  This is absolutely needless.  It would be excusable if the Corpus did this sort of thing because their cameras aren't indestructible.  This wouldn't be an issue though if those lasers were disabled for the duration of the terminal defense segments.

You are invading their space. Alarms should be there and they should be able to lock down the place when someone is trying to take them out. Ever heard a house alarm? They go off constantly. Lasers should point at their valuable assets such as the terminals. Dont wanna be hit by them? Take them out then. I think the kuva maps are some of the best they have designed so far and I have been around a while. 

Lasers are INVULNERABLE though, at least on the kuva fortress which was my principal concern today.  They can not be taken out.

And my chief complaint was that the alarms are needlessly loud.  Its fine that the enemies are alerted by alarms but I don't deserve sonic torture for the rest of the mission.  It makes everyone mute the game, and that's a bad design.

Just now, peterc3 said:

The alarm indicates that the fortress defenses are active, all those roller throwers, turrets and such are active while the sound is going. Don't trip the lasers.

I get that, really I do.  But why do the alarms NEVER become quiet?  Also the lasers point directly at the defense console in some instances.  Why does the Kuva fortress, in opposition to every other tile set, continue to blare the alarm sound effect constantly?

On every other map set, the sound happens once and its done.  You find a convenient hack location, and  its done.

On the Kuva fortress in mobile defense, the alarms start the first time you hit a laser and continue blaring loudly for the entire duration of the mission.  Why is this?  In what way is this more realistic or engaging?

All this accomplishes is making players mute the game.  This doesn't happen on other tile sets.

Yes, much more important than the sensitivity and setup is the fact that they are unnecessarily loud and never. shut. up. House alarms may never stop, but this is a game. We tripped the alarms, we get it, please turn off the noise. A frillion and a half enemies shooting at me is plenty of indication that I've beefed it. 

(In fairness, I've only played on the Kuva Fortress the missions that required it; never had the urge to return...plus the first mission to get into it is Archwing, and Archwing suckswing). 

Edited by (XB1)CannyJack