Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pandora Pursuit Saturn

Pewpewnomnom

Yes this is about an archwing mission. RIP hopes of attention.

There's supposed to be three loot tables but absolutely no clarity on what differentiates them. 

Also the mission itself seems to be lacking.

I'd also say the ship we players are meant to pursue should be larger for those players with precision weapons. As it is, a grattler/fluctus hits literally almost everything if you hit something and going after those points with a weapon like velocitus is like trying to hit fish in a barrel.... from the space station... with a slingshot... blindfolded... with no arms...

37 minutes ago, Pewpewnomnom said:

snip- As it is, a grattler/fluctus hits literally almost everything -snip-

So bring them then? :^)

I remember doing this mission for whatever I needed and never going back. I didn't even understand what it was about (We shoot something, they repair it, repeat til it finally stops and defend) It was a bit weird tbh.

58 minutes ago, ArchPhaeton said:

So bring them then? :^)

I remember doing this mission for whatever I needed and never going back. I didn't even understand what it was about (We shoot something, they repair it, repeat til it finally stops and defend) It was a bit weird tbh.

I have them but since DE wants archwing to increase popularity, all weapons (when there are so few already) should be viable for this mission. That part of the post was mostly for the newer arrivals. 

Haven't managed to beat this one, but I just don't care anymore. Controls are so bad that if I actually stop the ship (usually, I can't even hit the single pixel that is the engine), it's back on its way before I can orient to the shield generators and actually damage one. And I don't feel like building a grattler for one mission.

Only reason to finish it would be to put an extractor on Saturn, and that's not that important. 

Edited by (XB1)CannyJack

I'm not sure what problems you're having using the velocitus for this. With Hyperion thrusters (not maxed) I was able to fly well faster than the pursuit ship using afterburners. And just to theory-test I took my Odonata without the thrusters (sprint speed 1.00) and was easily able to catch up to and surpass the pursuit ship if needed. You can aim and charge while using afterburners and even while the ship turns tight corners around asteroids you should be able to land enough hits in the glowing orange bulb that is the engines to stop it.

here, just did one for yah; took about three minutes: (Audio warning; muxed my settings couple days ago and need to tweak it further yet.)

I did, however, have issues with the pursuit ship flying outside the mission area. 

Though personally, I'd like all enemies to be the size of the pursuit ship. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/16/2017 at 10:32 PM, RICK_BO said:

I'm not sure what problems you're having using the velocitus for this. With Hyperion thrusters (not maxed) I was able to fly well faster than the pursuit ship using afterburners. And just to theory-test I took my Odonata without the thrusters (sprint speed 1.00) and was easily able to catch up to and surpass the pursuit ship if needed. You can aim and charge while using afterburners and even while the ship turns tight corners around asteroids you should be able to land enough hits in the glowing orange bulb that is the engines to stop it.

here, just did one for yah; took about three minutes: (Audio warning; muxed my settings couple days ago and need to tweak it further yet.)

I did, however, have issues with the pursuit ship flying outside the mission area. 

Though personally, I'd like all enemies to be the size of the pursuit ship. 

You were tanky enough to fly pretty much right into the nodes for an easy shot. I haven't actually removed mods to test exactly what it would be like with the loadout a new player would have but I do remember being nearly one shot from that flak the very first time I actually did the mission. I'd agree that someone who's played the game for a long time should have no trouble, but as a sidenote to my annoyance with the loot table I think the difficulty of the mission is a little much for what a new player would have. When I first had to clear it, this is one of the missions that people would ask for help with in recruiting/gen.