The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Take Off Attack (V) Polarity Mod Slot On Loki (Maybe Nyx Too)

kirauriel

For god's sakes, why the hell is that even on there? There are three Attack Polarity mods: Continuity, Focus, and Rage-

-Focus: Useless for a Loki:

"If enough damage is done to the Decoy, it will disappear. Decoy life does not increase at higher levels or with Power Strength (Focus)."

No effect on any other skill listed, which makes Focus completely useless.

-Rage: Loki isn't meant to take damage, he's squishy, which is why all of his skills revolve around him evading fire, while this mod focuses on taking fire.

-Continuity: The only choice for the Attack Polarity slot, boots Decoy's lifespan (if it doesn't die from damage), Increases Invisibility's timespan.... wait, that's only 2 of 4 skills... Seriously? The only mod available to us only affects half of our abilities? 

Besides the fact that there are no V-mods, even if there were more it still would not fit Loki. Loki is based around stealth and evading, not attacking. Give him a dash-polarity for Rush or Streamline or hell, give him two instead of the Defense mod, which while nice for stamina mods, is outclassed by Enemy Sense, Thief's Wit, Master Thief, Rush, Streamline and Flow, and Handspring. All of these mods are utility and waaay more fitting for Loki than Regeneration or Life&Shields, I mean seriously!

As for Nyx, Focus is only good for Psychic Bolts, and while Continuity is in almost every Nyx Build, a Defense Polarity would do her better from what I've played with, though this one is more of an opinion.

TL;dr: Give Loki Utility Slots (-) instead of Attack (V) and Defensive(D) Polarities.\

EDIT: Actually, on the subject of this, I just realized, why doesn't Ember have a V slot?

EDIT: Ignore anything said about Nyx. I'm more worried about Loki.

Addition:

Roughly 1/2 of people are in favor of keeping the V

Roughly 1/3 of people are in favor of replacing the V with a -

Roughly 1/6 of people are other

1: Potatoes or Forma are not excuses, for or against replacing the V. Even with a Potato, there is enough energy sometimes. As for Forma, why should other Warframes (minding a few such as Banshee atm) not have to spend a Forma to replace a useless slot while Loki has to?

2:To those stating Continuity is a must, you must also realize Streamline is a must as others have said as well. Beyond that, the V slot allows only one mod, while the - slot allows at least 2 and most likely more.

3: No one said removing the V would be a nerf, I misread someone else's post. Oops.

4: Loki is not a Tank Warframe, he is built for mobility and avoidance:

Highest Base Sprint Speed: Mobility and Escape

Decoy: Used mainly for Distraction, can be used for Mobility with Switch Teleport

Switch Teleport: Can be used for Mobility and Escape

Invisibility: Can be used for Avoidance and Escape

Radial Disarm: Used mainly for avoidance, can be used for Escape

All in all, Loki can be used to take damage with Redirection and Vitality, but he is in no way a Tank. Between his abilities and squishiness in comparison to other Warframes, he is a Warframe who usually relies on evasion to survive.

Edited by ProjectRay12

So you acknowledge that Loki's V slot is for Continuity, buffing the duration on his two most important skills, but this knowledge incenses you? wut?

- instead of D, now that I can buy.

Compared to a - slot or D slot it's pretty useless. Plus on higher levels Decoy usually dies before the time is out anyway due to damage. I find Switch Teleport immensely useful if you can aim it in a tight situation, and Radial Disarm great for corpus swarms, even at it's cost. In regular combat, I'd pick decoy over Invisibility usually just because the cost is cheaper and it helps teammates as well. Continuity is awesome for stealth runs on Invisibility though, I just don't see it comparing to having that slot for Rush or Enemy Sense in any way shape or form.

i like the v slot on my nyx

I agree, Continuity is almost always a must with Chaos being timed now, it's more my personal preference to have a D slot for those costly Shield or Life mods.

I'm thinking you are greatly underestimating continuity...

Yes, continuity is the only real viable option for Loki, though rage is good for emergencies. As you said, he's fairly squishy. Rage would allow you to get enough energy for invisibility which would get you out of a rough situation. Worth a polarity slot? Probably not, but it's still an option.

Getting back onto what I was saying though, you say that Continuity is only good for 2 of his abilities. Yes, sure. You just seem to not realize that invisibility and more importantly, decoy, are his best abilities. The extra seconds that continuity gives is worth it, which means the polarity slot is worth it. 

As for the defense slot, Loki kinda needs it. He's quite squishy.

Forma him, problem solved.

Even though to me they dont bring a problem at all.

Yeah, we have formas for this, there will probably be new mods that might fit these two better, so I'm not sure changing them is a good idea.

That's not a solution... I'm not saying it doesn't fit my playstyle, I'm saying it doesn't fit Loki, give me a reason why the polarity should be there and I'll respond less curtly. @DesuEx: Yes, but Loki still isn't made for head on attacking, like the polarity suggests.

I'm thinking you are greatly underestimating continuity...

Yes, continuity is the only real viable option for Loki, though rage is good for emergencies. As you said, he's fairly squishy. Rage would allow you to get enough energy for invisibility which would get you out of a rough situation. Worth a polarity slot? Probably not, but it's still an option.

Getting back onto what I was saying though, you say that Continuity is only good for 2 of his abilities. Yes, sure. You just seem to not realize that invisibility and more importantly, decoy, are his best abilities. The extra seconds that continuity gives is worth it, which means the polarity slot is worth it. 

As for the defense slot, Loki kinda needs it. He's quite squishy.

I just don't see taking Continuity over Rush or Enemy Sense, plus having the - Polarity allows for many more choices. Invisibility and Decoy are important, but Decoy doesn't get much effect from Continuity; though on Invisibility it is a lifesaver, it's just not worth it in my opinion.

And yea, I suppose he does need the buff to Shields/Health.

Edited by ProjectRay12

Compared to a - slot or D slot it's pretty useless... Continuity is awesome for stealth runs on Invisibility though, I just don't see it comparing to having that slot for Rush or Enemy Sense in any way shape or form.

Using a radar mod (or artifact) only takes up space for a mod that affects your statistics, hence I find them useless. Max rush on Loki is fun, but if anything it only serves to compliment him while invisible because he can then cover more distance in the same amount of time. V slot doesn't come with a lot of options, but buffed duration on Decoy and Invisibility is the most desirable effect possible for Loki and anything after that is honestly optional, or worse, unnecessary. Decoy and Invisibility are his most important cc and survival abilities respectively.

D slot is relatively useless, yes. If you want a -, I'd advise Flow in place of Rush. Flow increases his energy pool to a staggering 450. At that point, going invisible a given for all situations.

Of course, all things are possible with potato and Forma, so you can always tailor him to your preference if it bothers you enough.

Using a radar mod (or artifact) only takes up space for a mod that affects your statistics, hence I find them useless. Max rush on Loki is fun, but if anything it only serves to compliment him while invisible because he can then cover more distance in the same amount of time. V slot doesn't come with a lot of options, but buffed duration on Decoy and Invisibility is the most desirable effect possible for Loki and anything after that is honestly optional, or worse, unnecessary. Decoy and Invisibility are his most important cc and survival abilities respectively.

D slot is relatively useless, yes. If you want a -, I'd advise Flow in place of Rush. Flow increases his energy pool to a staggering 450. At that point, going invisible a given for all situations.

Of course, all things are possible with potato and Forma, so you can always tailor him to your preference if it bothers you enough.

An Enemy Sense mod can be a lifesaver at times, and while I do use the artifact often, that doesn't lower it's usefulness much. Rush increases survivability a lot, especially on infested levels. Like I said, Decoy's increased lifespan doesn't get noticed much later on. Agreed that Flow or Streamline are great, especially with the change to Streamline soon. The D slot does have its uses for making him less squishy or increasing Stamina. Invisibility is great, but you can't run a Warframe on one ability (well you can, but that's no fun :P). My main focus is replacing the V slot before the D slot, because at least the D slot gives you choices.

Wasn't the mod/skill tree update created to give more customization to Warframe playstyles? Having only one useful mod is sort of counter-intuitive, no matter how good it is. Even when new V slot mods are added, I still don't feel they will fit Loki well as compared to a - slot.

That's not a solution... I'm not saying it doesn't fit my playstyle, I'm saying it doesn't fit Loki, give me a reason why the polarity should be there and I'll respond less curtly. @DesuEx: Yes, but Loki still isn't made for head on attacking, like the polarity suggests.

Ok reading that kinda worries me. I think you missed the point of the polarity a bit. Having a V doesn't suggest anything about Loki's role, it only means you benefit from a mod that gives bonus to offensive abilities. Duration is key to many abilities, so by increasing it you could argue that you're buffing a frame's offense potential, but none of that matters. All that matters is that Loki's abilities get a slice of the pie while not technically being offensively geared.

Again, Forma solves everything, but I wouldn't be so hasty to get rid of his V slot. Try taking the - for a spin first.

I just don't see taking Continuity over Rush or Enemy Sense, plus having the - Polarity allows for many more choices. Invisibility and Decoy are important, but Decoy doesn't get much effect from Continuity; though on Invisibility it is a lifesaver, it's just not worth it in my opinion.

And yea, I suppose he does need the buff to Shields/Health.

7 seconds more on decoy isn't much of an effect?

7 seconds more on decoy isn't much of an effect?

Not when it dies from damage before that.

EDIT: Alright that's a little unfair saying that, but even without any energy mods I tend to have an easy time keeping a decoy up on defense missions, and it lasts long enough to run from a crowd of anything but infested (which kill that decoy before Continuity takes effect).

Ok reading that kinda worries me. I think you missed the point of the polarity a bit. Having a V doesn't suggest anything about Loki's role, it only means you benefit from a mod that gives bonus to offensive abilities. Duration is key to many abilities, so by increasing it you could argue that you're buffing a frame's offense potential, but none of that matters. All that matters is that Loki's abilities get a slice of the pie while not technically being offensively geared.

Again, Forma solves everything, but I wouldn't be so hasty to get rid of his V slot. Try taking the - for a spin first.

I still don't feel that the V slot matches him, but I know what you mean. I just can't see Loki as a damage-based Warframe due to him having no damaging abilities (though Invisibility does boost melee attacks [maybe ranged, I do not remember]). I associate damage with attack, so that may be why. Plus having only one choice still seems a little unfair, even if it is still in Beta.

Edited by ProjectRay12

I still don't feel that the V slot matches him, but I know what you mean. I just can't see Loki as a damage-based Warframe due to him having no damaging abilities (though Invisibility does boost melee attacks [maybe ranged, I do not remember]). I associate damage with attack, so that may be why. Plus having only one choice still seems a little unfair, even if it is still in Beta.

Underlined is probably reflective of a different issue with the game, although the option you do get is arguably the best one possible anyways xD

I'm interested to hear from you. How do you plan to ultimately build Loki? It may benefit you more to simply add the - on top of the V and D depending on what you plan to get out of him, and having extra polarities will free up more mod space in the meantime.

Underlined is probably reflective of a different issue with the game, although the option you do get is arguably the best one possible anyways xD

I'm interested to hear from you. How do you plan to ultimately build Loki? It may benefit you more to simply add the - on top of the V and D depending on what you plan to get out of him, and having extra polarities will free up more mod space in the meantime.

I just feel it's a bit restricting.

As for building, I build him with speed and evasion in mind. At the moment, I usually stick Rush and one of the two stamina mods, as well as Streamline or Flow, all abilities, sometimes I put Reach on, will put on Enemy Sense when I get it. I don't currently have Continuity, but I'll probably put it on if I can fit it. I also stick Theif's Wit on for material collecting and I'll put Handspring on for sure if I get it. I tend to use Loki more for speed runs and stealth runs, or just for some fun when I get bored of running Nyx or Ember. Oh almost forgot, I usually stick Vitality or Redirection on for some survivability, at least until I get some of the other mods I mentioned.

Edited by ProjectRay12

I just feel it's a bit restricting.

As for building, I build him with speed and evasion in mind. At the moment, I usually stick Rush and one of the two stamina mods, as well as Streamline or Flow, all abilities, sometimes I put Reach on, will put on Enemy Sense when I get it. I don't currently have Continuity, but I'll probably put it on if I can fit it. I also stick Theif's Wit on for material collecting and I'll put Handspring on for sure if I get it. I tend to use Loki more for speed runs and stealth runs, or just for some fun when I get bored of running Nyx or Ember. Oh almost forgot, I usually stick Vitality or Redirection on for some survivability, at least until I get some of the other mods I mentioned.

I think the restriction comes more from how beneficial mods are to him (spoilers: not a lot are really beneficial lol)

Protips Flow>Streamline except when you can stack both (I recommend this mostly for Ash, Rhino and Loki), Redirection>Vitality even against infested, rush built Loki is a different kind of OP (lel), Handspring saves you from Grineer Heavy/Ancient cc so +1 and replace Thief's Wit with Master Thief when you get it, but remember that it's expensive and doesn't give too much of a bonus atm.

Loki's invisibility opens a lot up to him, so take advantage and build him how you like I guess. I recommend you test max continuity before getting rid of his V slot though. Good luck

the guy above me says true continuity is nice with his num 2 skill !! its enough !! loki desired by advanced player    are u advanced tenno ? :D 

in the end believe me ur topic is useless  they wont change it even if u open 100000 topic ! if u dont like it there thousand of player like it 

Invisibility with continuity is the best thing about Loki. OP you don't know how to warframe.

the guy above me says true continuity is nice with his num 2 skill !! its enough !! loki desired by advanced player    are u advanced tenno ? :D 

in the end believe me ur topic is useless  they wont change it even if u open 100000 topic ! if u dont like it there thousand of player like it 

You make OP feel sad. You make OP feel like a bad player. You make OP feel like the Warframe Community doesn't have too many people with positive feedback like Jugganatha.

You make OP feel sad. You make OP feel like a bad player. You make OP feel like the Warframe Community doesn't have too many people with positive feedback like Jugganatha.

We are being positive about the V slot.

It's you who is being negative. And it's just you not realizing that it works well on Loki. okbye

Compared to a - slot or D slot it's pretty useless. Plus on higher levels Decoy usually dies before the time is out anyway due to damage. I find Switch Teleport immensely useful if you can aim it in a tight situation, and Radial Disarm great for corpus swarms, even at it's cost. In regular combat, I'd pick decoy over Invisibility usually just because the cost is cheaper and it helps teammates as well. Continuity is awesome for stealth runs on Invisibility though, I just don't see it comparing to having that slot for Rush or Enemy Sense in any way shape or form.

I agree, Continuity is almost always a must with Chaos being timed now, it's more my personal preference to have a D slot for those costly Shield or Life mods.

First: D slots are normally reserved for tank frames, not your 10 armor Nyx or your 50 armor Loki.

Second: Continuity is not just an OK choice for both these warframes It's an excellent choice due to it scaling with their most used abilities.

Third: Enemy sense? Really?

Forth: Since this is all just your personal opinion how about you just forma your warframe instead of trying to contort the entire community to the way you want to play.