The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Runners Knock Down

Dreamingfur

All rigth. i know that the runner is like easy to kill and that.  but actually if they are in group they can still make you useless because they explosion... this is not enougth? what about they make you fall and then 2 charger come and bit you and die.. is like.. WHYY??

The infested have the ancients who do they work fine.. why they can make a simple mob, the one who try to explode in your face can make you fall just like the ancients do?

please if this is not a bug, nerf them because runners now are almost so dangerous like ancients and they are

numerous.

1 Runner explode in your face and a couple of chargers lvl 30 and you are dead "not big surpirse"

sure.. i was making a defense in jupiter just to prove that.. and then they star to explode and fall to the ground (my shade save me from the chargers) but is just so annoying... :(

i can take some screenshots if is neccesary :)

Edited by Dreamingfur

They are melee, kill them at range.

While I sympathize with your point, and have been stunlocked to death myself, the infested don't have much going for them if you take that away. Most of them don't have armor, and are about as easy to kill at lv60 as lv5.

If you nerf the ability to put tenno out of commission that are silly enough to stand and wait for the infested to run to them, the entire faction would be glorified meat bags.

I've been knocked down by a few explosions from runners as well, but I don't really care about it that much.

I usually go to infested lvls with;

Ash (too fast to get catched by a runner)

Ember (immune to knockdown when 2nd ability is active)

or Frost (990 shield and 660 hp, can't really be killed by that)

Consider taking handspring with you as well, but don't nerf infested. They're already weak compared to Corpus and Grineer, especially because of Vauban.

Sure you were not smacked by a Leaper?

Slapped* ^^

On the other hand, just get on a crate and they're as good as useless (except the part when they give you XP), you can just shoot em in da face.

Edited by Stan007

thats rigth.

Is annoying to me because before 8.3 they can explode and make my "dance" between some runners if i dont kill they quikly. but then (shade come to save the day -again-) and was just "jump away" and ready to go... now they explode and the time you fly to the ground 2 chargers destroy the cryopod >:

and dont say if an ancient come to accion haha

just i think they can buff other mob, the runner can still knock you and dont make you fly to the ground like leapers and ancients do their jobs making your abilities and warframe useless

i was making test whit my friend and they dont make you fly if you are the host... if you are the other one the runners make you fly to the ground... and the railgun moa make the same.. if that is the case is just a bug.. or a buff that one i dont want :3

Edited by Dreamingfur

A recent update made it so that any staggers that hit you in the air will knock you down instead. In other words, not only can Runners knock you down, but ROLLERS can knock you down now as well. Easily. It's like every time the playerbase complains about there being too much stunlock in the game and not enough good AI/real difficulty, DE says @#$% you and adds more stunlock.

The only thing I hate about runners is the auto-explode. If they are next to you, they explode, no matter what. If you stun them, they still explode. If you pull them and knock them down with Mag, they still explode. No matter what they are doing, being crushed by mag's ult or what, if they are near you they explode... dont care about any cc.

If the main attack of the infested is going to be stunlocking, either get rid of the the whole faction or re-design them.

I can't remember getting thrown on the ground by runners before 8.3.  Now, I've notice that once one of them sneaks in too close, I'll end up on the ground. Then the chargers join in or an Ancient(s). What makes it annoying is at higher levels in which the melee weapon may not kill them fast enough to prevent the explosion. It just gets old really fast.  (the horror that happens if I ever forget to get my dual ethers out for high level infest... 0.0)

Stunlock guy strikes again

Also devs should see at the code that checks whether  you're in air. I was being knockeddown locked by a railgun moa shooting from bellow while I was standing on an elevated platform (that corpus defense map with a river where pod is placed on a platform on the side instead of intersection in the middle)