The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stalker killing you is... meh

(PSN)CaptainIMalik

20 minutes ago, NeithanDiniem said:

Yea... considering Ive taken out the Shadow Stalker with unranked items on a frame I really disliked playing and thus had little experience on, your loadout has pretty minimal impact on if you can beat him. Mostly its just ammo you run out of (which I had to use a restore in that fight, mind you).

Okay, what about this then?

Yesterday I as doing a Kuva Flood, everything was going great. We got the Kuva and while we were Sabotaging the reactor Stalker decided to show up. As soon as he spawned he threw out his disco orb of death and one shot our entire squad.

I could have had my best gear and not won that fight, only if you are prepared to go against a level 85 stalker can you beat a level 85 stalker. And sorry if I don't want to bring the very specific loadouts that are able to do that on every high level mission I play.

I am fine with Stalker being OP and personally think he should win 80%+ of the time, but punishing you is not "fun". Rewards are fun, give us a reward if we win as a pseudo-punishment for losing.

Just now, DrBorris said:

Okay, what about this then?

Yesterday I as doing a Kuva Flood, everything was going great. We got the Kuva and while we were Sabotaging the reactor Stalker decided to show up. As soon as he spawned he threw out his disco orb of death and one shot our entire squad.

I could have had my best gear and not won that fight, only if you are prepared to go against a level 85 stalker can you beat a level 85 stalker. And sorry if I don't want to bring the very specific loadouts that are able to do that on every high level mission I play.

I am fine with Stalker being OP and personally think he should win 80%+ of the time, but punishing you is not "fun". Rewards are fun, give us a reward if we win as a pseudo-punishment for losing.

4 people doing a Kuva Flood, which is already high level, and you wonder why he one-shot you on that specific level? Fairly sure it should be self explanatory... His level is decided based on the level of the enemies in the mission. You were facing a stalker that has a much higher level than found on any non-alert or specialty mission in the game.

Just now, NeithanDiniem said:

4 people doing a Kuva Flood, which is already high level, and you wonder why he one-shot you on that specific level? Fairly sure it should be self explanatory... His level is decided based on the level of the enemies in the mission. You were facing a stalker that has a much higher level than found on any non-alert or specialty mission in the game.

Well, yeah, and imagine if he had a severe punishment. That would not have been "fun" in the least. Punishments are okay occasionally with restraint because, generally, people don't play games to be randomly punished. Goals are fun, aka rewards for achievement. They both serve the same purpose, they encourage you to do well, but one makes you happy and one makes you sad.

Just now, DrBorris said:

Well, yeah, and imagine if he had a severe punishment. That would not have been "fun" in the least. Punishments are okay occasionally with restraint because, generally, people don't play games to be randomly punished. Goals are fun, aka rewards for achievement. They both serve the same purpose, they encourage you to do well, but one makes you happy and one makes you sad.

One makes me happy and the other makes me want to get better and thus avoid the situation. Right now his punishment is nothing at all, hence why I suggested simply ending the mission if he kills the team to be acceptable. Its not like hes preventing you from playing the game like other suggestions that have been made. A suitable enough punishment helps make him have some relevance to exist as a hunter more than just a joke lore instigator.