Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corpus And Grineer Door Locking.

SteelBoots

So I just did some mission with Corpus on it, not that it really matters, but it appears that the Grineer and Corpus must have gone through smiliar, if not The Same, basic training.  Frankly door locking is one of the Corpus's favor things to do, it must have been the Main Drill they did!  And the Grineer were right there with them locking doors too!  What I would like to see is a variation of "things they can do at a controll panel" so I can stop carrying around so many cyphers. 

For example, perhaps grineer and corpus can call in for reinforcements at these panels for a sudden rush of enemies in an attempt to exterminate the space ninja(s).

Or for the corpus they can force activate their lovely turrets that are for the most part pretty useless; unless, some space ninja decides to do the moonwalk infront of the camera.  Or they could force activate the lasers in the doorways too, allowing free movement of corpus in and out of the room but hindering, to some degree, deadly space ninja.

Grineer could call in those... oh so wonderfull rollers that no one likes-while I realize these aren't so "deadly" but far more "annoying" it would be something different than locking themsleves in a room with a space ninja-. Or they could call in a Heavy Grineer that is level appropreate to their location for help.  I guess the corpus could do that too, calling in the techs or fusion moas to their places too.

Just a few ideas that controll panels could contribute to the game instead of.. Killing the poor poor poor souls that use them.(EG: locking yourself in a room with space ninja is not healthy or reccomended and may violate your Corpus Term-Life insurance policy).

Steelboots.

For example, perhaps grineer and corpus can call in for reinforcements at these panels for a sudden rush of enemies in an attempt to exterminate the space ninja(s).

They do. That is the first thing they do, and the Lotus says "You've been seen..." because the number of troops multiplies and continues multiplying throughout the rest of the mission.

Heavy units, special units, and other things show up at certain tiers. If you're not seeing them, you're playing too low of a level mission for them to show up normally. Either way, they don't seem to lock the doors all that much, and now we have a significant window of opportunity to prevent them from doing so from the recent changes. You can almost always tell when one is running to a panel as well.

Also, we sort of... kill everyone anyway...

So by Reinforcements it would be something Extra an enemy would call in, it would not be the same as being alerted, it'd be "oh damn I'm the last guy in the room!" or "our guys are getting sloughtered by these deadly space ninjas, I should call in for back up" etc. 

when I said "Or they could call in a Heavy Grineer that is level appropreate to their location for help."  I mean the type of heavy grineer that appears on that level would be called in to help in their fight.

By doing these things it would add a little varity to the curret "oh.. they locked us up in the room again". 

I do appreciate that they've increased the amount of time it takes for the gineer / corpus to do flag their ship to alert status, but sometimes you're just too busy killing a few other mobs to notice joe-corpus locking the door.

Yes yes we do kill everyone, my favorite is when Lotus gets blood thirsty and randomly changes the mission to "Just kill it all instead.  we don't want their data units anyway."

So I just did some mission with Corpus on it, not that it really matters, but it appears that the Grineer and Corpus must have gone through smiliar, if not The Same, basic training.  Frankly door locking is one of the Corpus's favor things to do, it must have been the Main Drill they did!  And the Grineer were right there with them locking doors too!  What I would like to see is a variation of "things they can do at a controll panel" so I can stop carrying around so many cyphers. 

I've contemplated on using some of my excess money credits to buying Cyphers because there only seems to be a set variation of combinations to unlock.  At the same time, I don't mine the XP that I collect from solving a lock so I haven't bought any cyphers yet.  

However, conversely I would like to be able to lock the door(s) myself.  It seems only logical if it takes work to unlock the doors, it should take nothing to lock them.  Think of what Leslie Neilson's character in Forbidden Planet to escape Dr. Mobius' id.  After all, there are times where I need to take a break from the game for a moment and heed a call of nature.  I've walked away from games thinking that I've killed all the minions in the immediate vicinity, head to the loo (or get more water) and come back to see I was killed by a single creature.  

I shouldn't be punished in a game for what nature demands.  My employer don't punish me for the same when I'm at work.  

Or for the corpus they can force activate their lovely turrets that are for the most part pretty useless; unless, some space ninja decides to do the moonwalk infront of the camera.  Or they could force activate the lasers in the doorways too, allowing free movement of corpus in and out of the room but hindering, to some degree, deadly space ninja.

As I've mentioned before, there's bugs to this that should be addressed first.  I've been in mixed faction missions with Corpus and Infested and watched the Infested walk by cameras with turret defenses and laser barriers not being a problem for them...  Fix that first and perhaps then I'll accept the thought of adding more difficulty with Corpus (and Grineer) calling in reinforcements when they sound and alarm and/or lock the door.  

They do. That is the first thing they do, and the Lotus says "You've been seen..." because the number of troops multiplies and continues multiplying throughout the rest of the mission.

Another problem is that the time for setting a lock/sounding an alarm seems entirely arbitrary.  Sometimes I have gone after Grineer and Corpus and performed one-shot kills and the alarm/lock down occurs anyway.  Other times they go through actions and I kill them and the alarm doesn't sound.  There's just no set rule for the time before the alarm/lockdown occurs as I've been consistently killing the alarm-raising minion (or stun-locking them with electricity) within 2 seconds.  

It's like how the Corpus Technician can throw up that Shield Osprey in the middle of him shaking/convulsing from an shocking stun lock...  

Yes yes we do kill everyone, my favorite is when Lotus gets blood thirsty and randomly changes the mission to "Just kill it all instead.  we don't want their data units anyway."

My boyfriend asked me why it is that I like playing Exterminate missions so much...  I told him, "because the mission follows logic.  On a spaceship/asteroid colony there's only just so many people that they can contain.  Spawnings don't magically happen (as they seem to do on all the other missions) and the numbers don't exceed capacity."

Heck, could take away the countdown on that and I'd be perfectly happy killing until Lotus says, '...other than you, I detect no other life forms...'"* 

* As a suggestion I seriously think the developers should look into this.   If they want to give the impression of endless waves, after x-number of alarms, there should be an announcement of reinforcements have arrived at the landing bay.  They have other announcements for this sort of thing (right down to Corpus Missions announcing intruders).  That way it doesn't feel as though spawnings don't feel quite as magical as they do now.  

Edited by MBaldelli