Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Random ideas to make exterminate missions more interesting ?

DeadScream

Hi ! Here are some ideas I had to make exterminate missions better. Nowadays, they look like nobody wants to play them, and that's why we tend to see the most cheesy behaviours in these missions. Spamulors, WoF Embers... Sometimes we feel like some people don't want to play the game. 

So why not making everything more threatening ? 

1 - What I certainly wouldn't do to exterminates 

>> A count-down, where you have to kill everyone as fast as possible. If we implement such thing, be sure we will get even more cheese in these missions. Need any proff that Walking Simulator is not a space ninja game ?

2 - What I have in mind 

>> For Corpus Exterminates, on planets with a Proxy boss

>>>> Make one or two replicas of the boss spawn in exterminates. As you may know, Ambulas will soon be reworked in a way that multiple Ambulas spawn in the boss fight, and you have to disable their replication (much like Raptor). So why not putting some of these replicas spawn in just like a rare unit in the middle of a mission to spice it up ? How would you feel if you were chased by a bloody Raptor while trying to do your usual stuff ? 

>> Other idea #1 (easy way for a mission rework)

>>>> Exterminates could become more challenging if they were filled with stronger units (Eximus stronghold exterminates are vastly more interesting than regular exterminates !). Also, in a world where we have such various ways to deal with a space ship, there should be a good reason why we have to exterminate instead of sabotage, nah ? 

>> Other idea #2

>>>> Make us face armies instead of groups. There are some tilesets where there's obviously no better way to disrupt enemy defenses than killing them all. I can clearly imagine a mission where a big Grineer army is walking its way to a civilian structure, and you have to completely annihilate them to save the base. Here, various ways could appear : setting up some defenses (turrets, recruiting some civilians to ambush some tricky routes, ...), or rushing to the battlefront and wreak havoc in enemy lines with no right to let one single enemy pass... Here again, if we have to kill everything, there must be a very good reason to do so. 

>> Give us some variations ! 

>>>> There are plenty of good ideas on these forums, so why just keeping one mission type where we could have multiple mission types under the same "Exterminate" goal ? There could be idea #1 on Mars, but idea #2 on Phobos ! 

Well, that's all I needed to say. What would you all think of such changes ?

With love,

DeadScream

30 minutes ago, DeadScream said:

Also, in a world where we have such various ways to deal with a space ship, there should be a good reason why we have to exterminate instead of sabotage, nah ? 

I can appreciate this. I actually do support many of your ideas. Especially the army one, that would be incredibly cool! Especially if they were slightly lower level. The largest issue would be performance, but I think Warframe's optimized enemy amounts pretty well by this point.

I'd be happy with the occasional side objective - like a cache, or a spy vault that you stumble across, or "plant a bomb" (via a small puzzle - wiring it into a critical piece of infrastructure via a new hacking minigame), something like that. Optional, not so great as to be the purpose of running the mission but rewarding enough to be worth doing if you have a moment: big chunk of affinity, a couple hour booster, whatever. 

For the most part, blowing through the exterminate mission seems to be the intended approach. But as with all mission types, it can get old. 

18 hours ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

No. EXT are intended to be just rushing through. I like them as they are. Period

As far as I can respect your point of view, do you have something that we can take as a proof of DE stating this ? 

Also we already have capture missions for rushing.

18 hours ago, Your_Very_Best_Friend said:

I can appreciate this. I actually do support many of your ideas. Especially the army one, that would be incredibly cool! Especially if they were slightly lower level. The largest issue would be performance, but I think Warframe's optimized enemy amounts pretty well by this point.

Yeah I'm a bit scared about performance issues. The main purpose of this thread is still to bring some "threat" to the Exterminate concept. I'm not sure, but isn't it actually the only game mode where you basically can't fail unless you are a really, really bad player ? 

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)CannyJack said:

But as with all mission types, it can get old. 

Yup, especially when you can't loose because Enemies have litteraly no way to make you fail the mission... But I agree a side objective could be nice.

1 hour ago, DeadScream said:

As far as I can respect your point of view, do you have something that we can take as a proof of DE stating this ? 

No I can't , but if they wanted sth different, they would have done so.

I generally don't hate his idea, nor do I think it's bad. I actually like it. But not as he wants them to be implemented. 

This can be a new type of mission, or replace some of the EXT, but not all.

You could make this like "an endgame EXT", I guess. 

1 hour ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

No I can't , but if they wanted sth different, they would have done so.

I generally don't hate his idea, nor do I think it's bad. I actually like it. But not as he wants them to be implemented. 

This can be a new type of mission, or replace some of the EXT, but not all.

You could make this like "an endgame EXT", I guess. 

I understand. I guess you enjoy blazing through these missions as much as I hate having to struggle behind a WoF Ember in every single of these pubs lol. 

Nevermind, whatever we post here, DE will do what they want and maybe they are completely OK with how people cheese everything as fast as possible. What i'm sad about is the fact people go fast because they are tired and don't want to spend more time on "easy" content.