Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe]Masamune: Sacred Smith And Blade Master

(XBOX)EternalDrk Mako

Masamune : [ Sacred smith & Blade master ]

Backstory: 

she is derived from the famous sacred smith of japan Masamune, well known for his exceptional craftsmanship and flawless blades of beauty and performance. 

her core design was envisioned as the elemental of metal , and her style of combat is derived from bushido and martial arts concepts of combat 

Name: Masamune

Passive:  WIP 

Spoiler

Metal Density :

• has innate 100% knockdown resistance 
  • when jumping she quickly lands  -basically opposite of zephyrs passive, due to being a metal based unit- 

innate stack mechanic of armor overlay 

Armor stack: utilizes a counter to show armor number # rating she currently posses displayed on a gauge [example of gauge at bottom] 

currently there is no limit to stack gauge 

Powers Icons:

Spoiler

warframe masamune powers set 2 by DrkMakomasamune powers set 1 by DrkMako

Powers:4/25/17

Spoiler

Absorption: 4/25/17

Spoiler

description:

when activated, masamune  is propelled toward a targeted foe via boosters on her legs, her right hand is then impaled into the targeted enemies body and then drains health/armor/energy from afflicted target depending on variables of her mechanics 

Mechanics:

• immobilizes target while its active
  • while active masamune is invulnerabel to damage 
  • can be cast in air or on ground ..ect
  • when cast she auto attacks and drains target [has a short duration]
  • taping power button will cancel absorption, but she will retain benefits up to point before decast was triggered 
  • holding power button will keep absorption active,   but increase energy cost the longer its going
  • absorption pulls form targets armor type to apply it to her armor element type [last enemies armor type = current armor type]
  • while power is in use, it prevents use of weapons 
  • duration affects the time to latch onto target, holding power down eliminates timer, but on release of held button power is decast
  • strength %  affects armor/health/energy siphoned off target
  • if target has shields she drains them to gain energy based on a cost balancing multiplier 
  • if target has only health and no armor /shields she drains it to apply a section of overhealth to herself  with a cost multiplier

Flechette: 4/25/17

Spoiler

description:

Masamune uses a flat  % of armor stack to launch metal particles at targets 

the particles vary in shape and size, from metal dust particles  to bladed shapes /shrapnel 

this is a CC based ability 

Mechanics:

when cast: masamune draws from her armor stack, flat cost to activate power 

• single hand cast power 
  • casting releases a cone of metal particles at her foes
  • enemies hit by this are stunned  and momentarily blinded 
  • durign blind they are open to finishers 
  • the more efficient she is the less she pulls from her armor and thus reduces damage
  • can be cast in air /jump/ motion
  •  flechette count is reflected by armor % used to cast 
  •  causes slash and puncture damage  
  • when hitting enemies afflicted by slash/bleed & puncture weaken it extendeds those procs duration 

Synergy: effects

• using absorption on afflicted enemies increases the % gained by absorption 
  • using this ability on enemies afflicted by spike surge causes the spikes to detonate

Spike Surge: 4/25/17

Spoiler

2 cast types :  air and on ground 

Description: 

masamune draws from her armor stack to create particles of metal for lethal AOE effects 

Mechanic:

damage is = to stack rating % used and times a # multiplier of power strength x efficiency %

affected by range, efficiency, strength, duration 

Air 

when cast in air she releases a rain of metal spikes towards the ground

• pulls a % of armor stack per cast
  • no energy is required 
  • spikes deal puncture and apply weaken
  • spikes can impale targets to the ground opening them to finishers  and hold them in place [dependent on duration] 

Buffs

• enemies affected by weaken when using absorption ,  grants a small pulses of health at a low rate to masamune and nearby allies in a 5 meter range
  • enemies slain under weaken by blade master grants energy to masamune and nearby allies in a 15 meter range

Ground

• pulls from her armor stack
  • no energy required
  • she charges then releases metal blades that erupt from the ground in a circular AOE 
  • blades deal slash and bleed proc

Buffs

• enemies affected by bleed bleed when using absorption grants a melee damage buff that is shared with allies for 10 seconds 
  • enemies affected by bleed grant health in AOE burst when slain by blade master 5 meter radius 

Blade Master: 4/24/17

Spoiler

Description:

Masamune channels her energy into consuming her armor stack(s) to forge a sacred blade, a void forged blade , to slash apart her foes

the powers icon displays a current level of swords deterioration 100% -0%, at zero power is decast [off] , blade master drains small amount of energy to remain active 

cost of energy drain is reflective of her blades reforges.  greater the number of reforge, the greater the energy consumption 

on decast the sacred swords remain % is refunded to her armor stack 

sacred blade has its own stance: TBD

Sacred Blade: damage = stack % used to forge blade originally,  

• masamune becomes momentarily stationary and draws a % of her armor into her left hand and forges a blade [similar to a bare blade katana]
  • after initial forging , she has a speed boost  
  • other powers can still be used while its active 
  • blade deals damage equal to armor rating used to forge it
  • blade pulls from melees equipped mods 
  • if blade strikes an ally that is afflicted by a status &/or procs she cleanses them of it/them
  • possible mechanic: the sacred blade is reflective of her current armor type and its attack type reflects what armor was used 
  • when slaying enemies afflicted by slash/bleed or puncture /weaken grants buffs to her and her allies

Blade deterioration

• the sacred sword deteriorates over time, due to the void energy used in its creation
  • this deterioration reduces its damage and range over time 
  • the blade length shortens in reflection to its % shown on its active powers icon
  • blade length is visually similar to a katanas length,then to a wakizashi , then to tanto sized

Reforge mechanic

upon holding power button after the sacred blades rating is less then 100% triggers a reforge

• consumes more armor stack to reforge the blade
  • after reforge you have a slight damage buff and slight speed buff for 5 seconds
  • reforging prolongs blade use
  • reforging brings the sacred blades damage back to the same as when it was origionally cast 
  • reforging consumes armor stack and increases the cost of energy to keep the power active 
  • stack consumption grows exponentially the longer reforges are actived and used 

Concept art :

masamune: warframe concept by DrkMako

Stack Gauge Design V1:

Spoiler

R5HjGvy.png

Authors notes:

Spoiler

When i conceptualized masamune frame, i imagined a swords user frame that could use her enemies to armor herself and then use her defense to maximize her offense 

basically she can turn her enemies own defense into her defense or offense depending on the situation. 

I tend to play frames tactically so i envisioned her running with a squad and solo , then tried to tune the powers to make play either way a fun experience while also being useful

thanks for your feedback and participation tenno,a s always they are greatly appreciated 

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako
altering mechanics and powers based on feedback

Sounds epic she would be awesome. :laugh:

But it is best to give her a unique armour stack icon, makes it easier to track it and will give her bonus armour depending on the amount of stacks she has. Much like Nidus' Mutation Gauge.

If you could tell me how you do the hide/show content thing would be great, i am planning to post an idea of mine as well :wink:

All in all, well done my man :clap:

1 hour ago, Ro-Phoenix12 said:

Sounds epic she would be awesome. :laugh:

But it is best to give her a unique armour stack icon, makes it easier to track it and will give her bonus armour depending on the amount of stacks she has. Much like Nidus' Mutation Gauge.

If you could tell me how you do the hide/show content thing would be great, i am planning to post an idea of mine as well :wink:

All in all, well done my man :clap:

spoiler is the show/hide tab and im still drawing the gauge for her stack on armor 

31 minutes ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

spoiler is the show/hide tab and im still drawing the gauge for her stack on armor 

Thanks man and I hope it goes well and is epic. :laugh:

Now i can finally start compiling my ideas for my frame that's been haunting me since last year lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I really like your idea. One question if the target of Absorption has no armor does Masamune still add to her armor stack? If she doesn't then she would have problems with the Infested and corpus which have very few units with armor.

37 minutes ago, Neo3602 said:

I really like your idea. One question if the target of Absorption has no armor does Masamune still add to her armor stack? If she doesn't then she would have problems with the Infested and corpus which have very few units with armor.

thats taken into consideration

under powers > absorption>mechanics 

basically it draws health out, and when you battle infested there are a rare few who do have armor, it would be tactful to focus on them as they appear though 

but it still allows her some cushion of defense 

• if target has shields she drains them to gain some energy 
  • if target has only health and no armor /shields she drains it to apply a section of overhealth to herself 

31 minutes ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

how so?

her density increases her weight so shes opposite of zephyr, higher her armor stack , higher her weight 

So she would weigh almost as much as Rhino? How would that be useful in the game? 

Also with this theme, it would kind of make more sense for her to have multiple types of weapons to throw. An example of what I mean is like what Tenten does. The difference being that your frame would create her own weapons instead of collecting and doesn't conjure them with scrolls. :D 

Edited by KisaPrime

1 hour ago, KisaPrime said:

So she would weigh almost as much as Rhino? How would that be useful in the game? 

Also with this theme, it would kind of make more sense for her to have multiple types of weapons to throw. An example of what I mean is like what Tenten does. The difference being that your frame would create her own weapons instead of collecting and doesn't conjure them with scrolls. :D 

a bit to much ... naruto ... 

she isnt so much a summoner as one who creates a blade, now granted she could make other blade type weapons

but her theme, design is based on the sword maker of japan 

and the passive can be helpful, but overal it to force users to use the powers to keep her stack in flux, most of the time in say a def or a survival she could remain on the ground and be armored /destructive, but in more mobile gameplay it grants her the ability to reduce the armor stack and help her movement speed go up 

also ive been thinking that its % is 1-100 and that the correlating % is = to knockdown resistance 

9 hours ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

a bit to much ... naruto ... 

she isnt so much a summoner as one who creates a blade, now granted she could make other blade type weapons

but her theme, design is based on the sword maker of japan 

and the passive can be helpful, but overal it to force users to use the powers to keep her stack in flux, most of the time in say a def or a survival she could remain on the ground and be armored /destructive, but in more mobile gameplay it grants her the ability to reduce the armor stack and help her movement speed go up 

also ive been thinking that its % is 1-100 and that the correlating % is = to knockdown resistance 

The part about the summoning is the part I was saying masamune wouldn't do. That she would create them herself, I assume by taking metal from her own body? 

Basing it off of Gorō Nyūdō Masamune would mean that she could also make not just swords but daggers too, called  tachi and tantō. Then along with legends about his swords, they were said to be like holy swords in a way. 

First Ability: How is it a CC when she stabs only 1 enemy? If it's due to her stabbing the ground then that doesn't make much sense unless she's stabbing her arm through the enemies body. Which would put her and the enemy in a lock and it wouldn't be a CC, making her a little vulnerable if there are any enemies around. 

Second Ability: To me, sounds better if she had shards of blades flying off her body as an AOE affect. 

With her using her armor for everything doesn't make much sense if she's based off of the swords that Masamune created since he never made armor. Plus the process of making Katana's involves folding the metal for a certain amount of time, which is why their extremely sharp.