The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rivens Aren't Enough (Updated Ideas)

(PSN)RenovaKunumaru

3 hours ago, I3jionaa said:

OP idea about adding creative utilitary buff is nice. However that definatly would require DE to hire new group of peoples :D cause rivens release shown, its easier to slap generalized mod to everything without much thought. To name few flight speed on hitscan weapons, ridiculious stats like - 100 % ammo maximum, recoil stats on weapons like dera.

As a side note, we have warframes reworks, but weapons reworks ? I guess excuse would be you have ower 300 weapons use not broken ones not trash ones "D

I was hoping that perhaps DE could consider 1 weapon each month to revisit considering how much additional work it would take to add usefulness to dead weapons. 

The idea is utility if damage isn't viable. I don't think that's too much to ask for.

2 hours ago, Helljack84 said:

They did what they were supposed to do, no? Whales cough up plat, working as intended.

Ayyyy!

Dark Souls meme. ( ( ; D   ) )

Yeah...I wonder what they think about Rivens. Overall, they don't seem to have been received well by the community. Me included.

Because.....if they really wanted to bring life back into old weapons, they could just....buff weapons. 

I wouldn't have minded getting a single, universal riven for a given weapon class. Bows, shotguns, snipers, pistols, etc. Something like a normal mod you could use on anything in that category. 

Tastes really bad to me right now though.

They did what they were supposed to do, no? Whales cough up plat, working as intended.

Ayyyy!

Yeah...I wonder what they think about Rivens. Overall, they don't seem to have been received well by the community. Me included.

Because.....if they really wanted to bring life back into old weapons, they could just....buff weapons. 

I wouldn't have minded getting a single, universal riven for a given weapon class. Bows, shotguns, snipers, pistols, etc. Something like a normal mod you could use on anything in that category. 

Ayyyy!

7 hours ago, (PS4)ThatPersonInMars said:

The BS enemy armor scaling is the biggest problem, causing critical weapons get an ridiculously HUGE edge over the status and damage weapons, causing players to use and call critical weapons with decent status META, and weapons with almost pathetic crit/status TRASH. It needs a rework.

7 hours ago, Skaleek said:

Armor scaling, or lack of CP use, actually results in status weapons becoming much more important and viable over crit weapons. You need to proc corrosive a bunch to strip the armor and do full dps, even crazy high high red crits will get reduced to almost nothing by ridiculously high armor, leaving status weapons much more attractive against very high armor targets.

This, personin mars you had it backwards.

So much wrong in this thread:

Supra already is a top tier weapon (if your top tier includes more than 10 guns).  I have a Riven with multishot.  It melts sortie level enemies.

Rivens are great for the game.  They give me a reason to log on and play sortie every day.  They encourage my clan to be more active so we can swap Rivens.  They give me a reason to revisit old builds or try new weapons.  They encourage me to spend the plat I've been hoarding in trade chat with other traders.

Rather than see constant tweaks to old weapons I'd rather see more new content.  Rather than see continuous rebalancing of three year old content, I'd rather see more power creep.

Edited by (XB1)ThermalStone

Rivens have made me use other weapons. All I need is for the weapon to feel viable, I don't need it to be the best weapon ever in order for me to use it. 

I have a few meta weapon Rivens, it didn't make me use them any more or any less. Sometimes it's just boring to use the same weapons all of the time. Rivens help remedy that.

Edited by Hypernaut1

1 hour ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Rivens have made me use other weapons. All I need is for the weapon to feel viable, I don't need it to be the best weapon ever in order for me to use it. 

I have a few meta weapon Rivens, it didn't make me use them any more or any less. Sometimes it's just boring to use the same weapons all of the time. Rivens help remedy that.

This isn't a topic against Rivens. The thread was designed to aid weapons that Rivens don't help enough in my opinion.