Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buying Platinum on a friends account

yaxinn

Question

So i've done some research about buying platinum.

I know for a fact that using LAN networks and buying platinum then trading between accounts can give a ban, but do i get banned if i buy platinum on my friends account? He plays on a different IP and so do I. So if I like buy platinum for his account because he got a 75% off, do I get banned? and ofc I am not transfering S#&$ to my main since it might violate some rules there. Thanks if you replied :)!

36 minutes ago, (PS4)xxFleetstdemonxx said:

snip

I understand where you are coming from and i agree to a point, but disgree as well. basically i think DE put these rules in to stop abusers and have to make the rules accross the board unfortunately. imagine an absolute loser with 2 pcs sitting at home and sees his life only as good as his warframe progression. he could continually make accounts and continually log in to see which ones have 75% off then trade them to his original account all sitting at his 2 computer desk. Back in the day there was this kinda thing going on, as well as people having multiple accounts to do weekend events or for limited time events that get rewards like ( argon scope ) then they have multipl argon scopes or whatever that prize is. then they trade it all back to their original account and sell it for tons of plat. same crap, thats why DE has this trading LAN no no. believe me i have 3 kids and we all have PC's and it sucks .

If nobody could take advantage or did take advantage im sure this would work like a coupon to a grocery store, but the direct comparison is more like the grocery store only sells apples and  each house hold receives coupons randomly. then an a**hole makes up a bunch of fake address's to receive multiple coupons then goes to the apple store and reaps the benefit.

23 minutes ago, Bibliothekar said:

Giving your login info to someone else so they can log into your account (e.g. for what you have in mind) already counts as account sharing.

._.

pls no DE

i just tried to do a favor for my friend :(

bullcrap.

4 hours ago, Praxxor said:

For everyone, ever: Ask around, don't be afraid and don't listen to people like this. Asking won't get you banned or flagged. 

Also, I don't see anything suspicious with this.

Unfortunately the only person who is giving advice that isn't appropriate is you. It has nothing to do with this thread and everything to do with in game actions. Reading comprehension.

Logging into someone elses account, for any reason - is against the terms of service. 

I will quote it for you since you seem to have difficulty understanding it:

"3. Account.

.... Only one person may use an Account."

https://warframe.com/en/terms

This information is freely available to anyone with an internet connection. 

Once again, to the OP: if you want to do it nobody can stop you. But it's against the terms you agreed to and if DE decided to terminate both your accounts, that would be well within their rights. Is it worth it to you? However likely that outcome come may be.

Be careful who you take advice from, coming here and asking opinions that would be better served asking De themselves. Other forums members have no input on that decision, if you are deemed to have broken the rules.

1 hour ago, Arezael said:

I will quote it for you since you seem to have difficulty understanding it:

I think the more important part might be this:

Any distribution by you of your Account and/or your Login Credentials (except as expressly provided herein or otherwise explicitly approved of by Digital Extremes) may result in suspension or termination of your Account.

36 minutes ago, Bibliothekar said:

I think the more important part might be this:

Any distribution by you of your Account and/or your Login Credentials (except as expressly provided herein or otherwise explicitly approved of by Digital Extremes) may result in suspension or termination of your Account.

This is one of the few ToS sections I have some issues with. I understand not giving out your Login Credentials; that's just a bad idea, no matter what the ToS says. But the little part about your Account specifically is annoying.

Here's why: Say I have a friend who is mildly interested in warframe, but tried the tutorial and was put off by it. To try to get him interested again, I let him try out my MR16 account with a bunch of primes and fully modded frames and weapons. He gets excited again and starts playing on his account to advance in the game and earn what I have. However, DE gets wind of this, and my account is deleted for 'sharing'. I tell my friend, and he is both enraged and bummed out enough to quit playing. Thus, instead of DE gaining another player, they lose a player instead.

I understand that they don't want people abusing the login rewards or spreading the wealth, but I don't see why I can't let my friend play on my account for a few minutes after I have already logged in.

Edited by -AoN-CanoLathra-

On February 22, 2017 at 5:47 PM, Lord_Impaler said:

snip

I see what you mean.

Also i was looking at it only from the dev's perspective.  I wasn't looking at it from the perspective of fairness to other player. I have legitimately spent hundreds of pounds over the last 2 - 3 weeks on plat, Prime Access/Accessories etc. Thats fine, my choice, etc. However if i found out someone was doing as you described i'd be pissed!

I would feel as though i was being penalized for doing things the right way, for investing in the game and supporting the devs, while other players were getting more out of the game by exploiting it.

However:

"...sees his like only as good as his warframe progression."

I thought this was how all tenno measured the worth of their lives! :D

Edited by (PS4)xxFleetstdemonxx
Clarity