Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question regarding Volt

V0ltHunter

Question

16 answers to this question

It's intentional.

Rather than overloading lights, they chose to make it stunlock enemies by having Volt unleash electric currents through the ground, which seek out enemies and turn them into his own little teslas.

It doesn't make much sense for him to be able to launch electric currents through the ground if he's not *on* the ground.

It's the tiniest nerf in history. If it bothers you that much, play somebody else with mass crowd control. Keep in mind you can slide during Discharge so you can keep up mobility even while ulting.

2 minutes ago, AgentEntropy said:

It's intentional.

Rather than overloading lights, they chose to make it stunlock enemies by having Volt unleash electric currents through the ground, which seek out enemies and turn them into his own little teslas.

It doesn't make much sense for him to be able to launch electric currents through the ground if he's not *on* the ground.

It's the tiniest nerf in history. If it bothers you that much, play somebody else with mass crowd control. Keep in mind you can slide during Discharge so you can keep up mobility even while ulting.

This was what I thought, electricity and grounding and that whole chestnut, but wasn't sure.

Edited by (PS4)GR13V4NC3

While it kinda sucks, it's not a really big deal... Volt has always been the most effective gunsmen/sniper. His electric shield in combination with shotguns/beam weps/snipers, is ridiculously strong (not to mention has near infinite range). His ultimate is kind of not an ultimate in how it is used with him currently; in the gun/sniper setup, it's more of an emergency cc or a way to make your sniper targets stand still. His description has always been off, he is not the alternative to gunplay, he enhances it... greatly.

Edited by (PS4)GR13V4NC3

2 minutes ago, (PS4)GR13V4NC3 said:

While it kinda sucks, it's not a really big deal... Volt has always been the most effective gunsmen/sniper. His electric shield in combination with shotguns/beam weps/snipers, is ridiculously strong (not to mention has near infinite range). His ultimate is kind of not an ultimate in how it is used with him currently; in the gun/sniper setup, it's more of an emergency cc or a way to make your sniper targets stand still. His description has always been off, he is not the alternative to gunplay, he enhances it... greatly.

There's a certain build you can go for (I play entirely too much Volt - he's like almost 60% of my Warframe usage) that makes Discharge a 47m lockdown ability that also deals half decent damage and generates massive amounts of Overshields for you and your allies. On top of that because your Duration is used for Discharge, your Electric Shields last for quite some time.

The downside to the build is that you lose roughly 10% Power Strength so you run a little bit slower than some people would like. Personally it doesn't bother me since I can parkour pretty well.

I do still recommend using it with snipers - I just recommend using your 4 to set up clean headshots all day long.

6 hours ago, AgentEntropy said:

It's intentional.

Umm, Shock? It isn't on the ground, it travels through the air, and seeing how when Volt does Discharge, the animation literally takes him UP OFF the GROUND, this doesn't really make sense.

9 hours ago, AgentEntropy said:

It's intentional.

Its not the tiniest nerf in history. Its the most unneccesary nerf in history. The fact that they left the animation the same shows how much effort they decided they needed to put into the whole thing. And crowd control sucks.

2 hours ago, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

Its not the tiniest nerf in history. Its the most unneccesary nerf in history. The fact that they left the animation the same shows how much effort they decided they needed to put into the whole thing. And crowd control sucks.

Agreed. Especially since the game's definition of "in the air" means anything from kissing the ceiling to a millimeter above the floor. I've been playing a lot of Volt lately, and I can't stress how annoying it is not being able to cast Discharge because you're between steps on a stair.

On 2/24/2017 at 0:58 PM, (PS4)GR13V4NC3 said:

At least since the start of open beta Volt has always been a buff to gunplay, rather than an alternative. They literally needed to change one word to prevent the confusion and anger some people had for him not "living up to his description".

On 2/26/2017 at 9:06 PM, giovanniluca said:

Never said he wasn't. Oh wait actually I said it.

But new releases made him subpar and he needs something that lasts in time.

He does need a bit more, I'll give you that, but he's subpar by no means, he's just more well rounded than most frames.  Gunplay is not only about buffing weapons and such, at least to me anyways.  But again, he needs a bit more, and needs a number of fixes to his rework.