Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Change Endless Transition.

(PSN)Regiampiero

Right now there's 5 seconds of time given from completion to relic screen, 10 seconds to pick your reward, 10 for new relic selection, followed by another 5 seconds countdown before restarting (survival only I think). Why can't we get rid of those 5 seconds timers and add them to the relic selection screen? Also please remove Lotus' face from the relic selection screen as it's always in the way of one relic compounding the pressure of selecting the relic you want. No offense to the Lotus (As she's beautiful to look at), but I've chosen the wrong relic 3 times this week. 

Edited by (PS4)Regiampiero

Wow... where to begin, where... to... begin.

The first countdown is to allow you to grab any leftover reactant IF needed, giving you very valuable time if you didn't grab everything yet.

10 seconds to pick one of 4 rewards (If you're in a maxed group) or to decide which reward is better so you have something useful or if you are indecisive, which a lot of people seem to be.

10 Seconds to figure out your next relic you CAN'T argue about because it may take you a few seconds to find the relic you want, especially if you have a lot of different ones, as well as coordinate any relic changes if you decided to start farming something else.

And the final 5 seconds is to fix up your defenses, get into a good position and grab some ammo before the next round starts, which helps when you get into the harder areas.

Lotus is a variable in this, so I won't get on her, but I agree on that she can sometimes get in the way, but it shouldn't really be that big of a problem.

I've said my piece as a basis for all scenarios, if YOU don't think it makes sense, then that's your problem, not the other 26 million players.

30 seconds is all it takes, that REALLY isn't a long time. I'll admit, it isn't the old void system, but at least we have options to what we get not.

There, i'm done.

41 minutes ago, (Xbox One)ALG Minuscule36 said:

Wow... where to begin, where... to... begin.

The first countdown is to allow you to grab any leftover reactant IF needed, giving you very valuable time if you didn't grab everything yet.

10 seconds to pick one of 4 rewards (If you're in a maxed group) or to decide which reward is better so you have something useful or if you are indecisive, which a lot of people seem to be.

10 Seconds to figure out your next relic you CAN'T argue about because it may take you a few seconds to find the relic you want, especially if you have a lot of different ones, as well as coordinate any relic changes if you decided to start farming something else.

And the final 5 seconds is to fix up your defenses, get into a good position and grab some ammo before the next round starts, which helps when you get into the harder areas.

I got no issue with the prime part choice time, I think 10 sec is enough and that's why I said not to change anything. 

The 5 seconds before going to the screen being the time given to take loot and stuff argument is not valid for survival or excavation. In those modes you would still have the time to loot on the way out. 

"10 Seconds to figure out your next relic you CAN'T argue about because it may take you a few seconds to find the relic you want, especially if you have a lot of different ones" If this statement isn't contradictory I don't what is. I think you meant to say CAN, and if that's the case then you agreed or didn't read my original post. The only section I want to add time to is the relic selection screen. 

Lastly. You can't do anything in the last 5 seconds of waiting. The clock is frozen hence why I say why even have it? 

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Regiampiero said:

I got no issue with the prime part choice time, I think 10 sec is enough and that's why I said not to change anything. 

The 5 seconds before going to the screen being the time given to take loot and stuff argument is not valid for survival or excavation. In those modes you would still have the time to loot on the way out. 

"10 Seconds to figure out your next relic you CAN'T argue about because it may take you a few seconds to find the relic you want, especially if you have a lot of different ones" If this statement isn't contradictory I don't what is. I think you meant to say CAN, and if that's the case then you agreed or didn't read my original post. The only section I want to add time to is the relic selection screen. 

Lastly. You can't do anything in the last 5 seconds of waiting. The clock is frozen hence why I say why even have it? 

I did mean Can, yes. My autocorrect is a tad stupid.

As for Survival and Excavations, depending on RNG or your teams playstyle, some people may not grab the reactant or have the majority of it drop until or before the round is over, so that one is a situational argument.

Again, the final clock is there to give you a moment to ready yourself aND take an actual breath. Not the most useful of all 4 timers, but definitely has its own importance.

The system isn't perfect, but there are things that make sense and things that people care to have around. Those before and after round timers are some of those things.

Edited by (XB1)ALG Minuscule36

7 minutes ago, (Xbox One)ALG Minuscule36 said:

I did mean Can, yes. My autocorrect is a tad stupid.

As for Survival and Excavations, depending on RNG or your teams playstyle, some people may not grab the reactant or have the majority of it drop until or before the round is over, so that one is a situational argument.

Again, the final clock is there to give you a moment to ready yourself aND take an actual breath. Not the most useful of all 4 timers, but definitely has its own importance.

The system isn't perfect, but there are things that make sense and things that people care to have around. Those before and after round timers are some of those things.

I guess, but I'd like to point out those timers were not there in the old endless system and the only thing that has really changed is the relic opening and relic selection screen. Never seen anyone complain before, so why add them now?

Edited by (PS4)Regiampiero

Not everyone needs 30 seconds every five minutes to "catch their breath" or whatever.  It takes barely 5 seconds to choose relics.  Unless you amazingly stupid lucky and get 4 rares there is rarely a major decision to be made.  Click the gold one, no gold? click silver, no silver? click the forma or whatever you have least of.

It really helps that we can see how many of each we own now, now we just need to see a indicator of VAULTED or not and we are good to go.

Beyond that, the time limits are really subjective, and should all finish early or have the option to finish early if everyone agrees in some fashion or another.  The relic selection screen immediately ends when everyone has chosen a relic, that's the example that all such screens should replicate.

The final five seconds is pointless IMO, I'm sure others disagree and thats just fine, for me its pointless, I really dislike how they redid the survival/excavation fissures.  They aren't like defense/interception where there is a natural pause already (which is the most bothersome of those two mission types for me and why I rarely play them).

Survival has a flow to it, I can go an hour and not even realize that much time has passed, unless its a fissure in which case I'm keenly aware of every 5 minute increments.  It ruins survivals for me and people rarely if ever (Pugs of course) even bother staying past 10/15/20 minutes.  Whereas I can do a normal survival without any interruptions and discover I've been in it for 50 minutes in a pug and didn't even know it.