Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Give players the ability to browse open clans

Ryouhi

One thing i miss for recruiting is the ability for players to find clans on their own and send their own invitation-requests.
Instead you need to keep spamming your little blurb about your clan in recruit chat.

The overlay to search for them could have following details:

- Name of Clan
- Emblem
- Number of Members / Open Slots
- Who is the Clan allied with
- Percentage of research done (maybe?)
- Requirements for the player wishing to join (MR, activity per week, Raids, etc)
- Short decription of the clan

With this i feel, a lot of the burden to try and find active people via recruit chat would be lifted and would give newer players a much easier way of finding a fitting clan for themselves, while still leaving the possibility to actively recruit via chat.

This would also allow for more passive growth of clans over time, when you don't want to spend all the time watching chat (since you can't watch recruit chat while in mission)

Especially now that DE wants to focus on clans soon, as well as the whole Hema-Debacle, i believe such an addition would be very nice.

What do you guys think?

Yeah I wouldn't mind a search function for clans (not that I need one) but I do feel that this could open up clans to be abused with players just jumping in to grab the research and leaving, often without actually contributing ANYTHING to the clan, not even speaking in clan chat....especially if 'joining' becomes and automated affair.

The next bit will likely prove controversial.... Having witnessed the above 'research members' myself in the clan I'm in I'd actually like the ability to restrict access to research in the rankings or get a 'probation' setting which allows us/them time to settle into the clan and see if it's right without them getting access to things that existing members have worked hard to get (hema for example).  This probation period might actually encourage the above type of players to get involved more rather than just thinking of themselves. 

18 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

The next bit will likely prove controversial.... Having witnessed the above 'research members' myself in the clan I'm in I'd actually like the ability to restrict access to research in the rankings or get a 'probation' setting which allows us/them time to settle into the clan and see if it's right without them getting access to things that existing members have worked hard to get (hema for example).  This probation period might actually encourage the above type of players to get involved more rather than just thinking of themselves. 

remove the "host" option from the clan rank permission.  won't allow them into the dojo, from what I understand, which addresses the majority of this.

16 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Yeah I wouldn't mind a search function for clans (not that I need one) but I do feel that this could open up clans to be abused with players just jumping in to grab the research and leaving, often without actually contributing ANYTHING to the clan, not even speaking in clan chat....especially if 'joining' becomes and automated affair.

That's more or less happening now anyway, so i don't think that would change much.
I also wouldn't make joining automated - maybe have it as an option, where applicants are automatically let it - they would need to send a request to the clan leader, who decides whether to let them join or not.

On your suggestion, i wouldn't mind that.
In general, giving more options to customize clan ranks would be nice, such as letting members BUILD decorations, but not remove them.
I led my clan solo the last year and only recently recruited members. Now i built a lot of stuff i like the way it is and while i'd like to let my members build gardens and what not, i'd rather not have them modify my stuff.

Just now, -NvO-Venom said:

remove the "host" option from the clan rank permission.  won't allow them into the dojo, from what I understand, which addresses the majority of this.

they can still join others in the dojo though, can't they?

14 hours ago, Ryouhi said:

That's more or less happening now anyway, so i don't think that would change much.
I also wouldn't make joining automated - maybe have it as an option, where applicants are automatically let it - they would need to send a request to the clan leader, who decides whether to let them join or not.

On your suggestion, i wouldn't mind that.
In general, giving more options to customize clan ranks would be nice, such as letting members BUILD decorations, but not remove them.
I led my clan solo the last year and only recently recruited members. Now i built a lot of stuff i like the way it is and while i'd like to let my members build gardens and what not, i'd rather not have them modify my stuff.

Not to mention, if they can place a pot they can also destroy your Dojo

I hope for the Dojo and clan revision update to be a good one

8 hours ago, -Ba-ikebothun said:

Not to mention, if they can place a pot they can also destroy your Dojo

I hope for the Dojo and clan revision update to be a good one

exactly.

Now, i don't think anyone in my clan currently would do that... but there is the possibility :/