Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

sancti tigris 100% status question

OPLoki

Question

so, im not a math wiz and my feeble public school education didn't prepare me for this. can anyone accurately calculate exactly how much status effect % you would need on a riven to get a sancti tigris to 100% status without multishot involved?

its 25% base status, so "in theory" it should take 400% status to reach the golden 100% right? (or am i way worse at math then i think and it only takes 300%) yet nano applicator + 4 dual stat elemental mods seems to work and that only comes to 330% status increase. but i'm not sure if nano applicator is additive or not, which would make a difference. but having to spam a skill every 9 seconds seems like a crap way to do it anyway.

so my question stands, how much status chance would you need on a riven to reach 100%, and is that number even possible on a riven with a weak disposition.

9 answers to this question

29 minutes ago, OPLoki said:

ok, so you would only need a riven of +60% status, which i think is obtainable. tyvm

I have to warn you that I don't think anyone's ever been able to obtain a 60% status on a Tigris riven.

The highest I've seen so far comes from this mod I saw on trade chat:

21lj520.png

Considering that the lower bound I've seen for similar types of Tigris rivens (2 positive 1 negative) is about 50% or so, and taking into account the variance on magnitudes, the odds of getting a 60% (at least 6.7% unranked, including rounding-up effects) status chance on a riven is incredulously low.

I'm always willing to concede that I'm wrong if someone can actually showcase one that exceeds 60%. If anyone has one I'd very much like to see it.

Given the odds, you're better off rolling for something that isn't status on the Tigris. Even if you get it on a 2 positive 1 negative type, there's still a chance it won't be enough to replace the 4th 60/60 on Tigris Prime, rendering the status line less desirable than other stats for any purpose. An example was posted recently:

That riven isn't good at all because it doesn't exceed the 53.4% status threshold needed for Tigris Prime:

Base status chance = 30%

Additional +% status needed to reach 100% = 100-30 / 30 = 70 / 30 = 233.3333%

Including 3 60/60s, remaining +% status boost required = 233.3333% - 180% = 53.3333%, round up to 53.4% for safety

- that leaves the 71% Multishot boost, which doesn't even add as much damage as Vicious Spread or Blaze as the 8th in slot on any full build.

Edited by InsomnIaC.
added in more data

i must say im disappointed that the odds of rolling it are that low, although i still think it should be "technically" possible. wont dissuade me from trying though. other then the 60% status i dont see much use in a riven for the tigris' at all. it would have to be a replacement for seeking fury imo with both reload and punch through, or a reload and slash to replace sweeping serration. barring that i dont think a riven would even be helpful.

and myscho, the point of this is to have a tigris with the OP status effects on the sancti with the self heals. already have a prime and to be perfectly honest i still use the sancti more.

5 hours ago, OPLoki said:

i must say im disappointed that the odds of rolling it are that low, although i still think it should be "technically" possible. wont dissuade me from trying though. other then the 60% status i dont see much use in a riven for the tigris' at all. it would have to be a replacement for seeking fury imo with both reload and punch through, or a reload and slash to replace sweeping serration. barring that i dont think a riven would even be helpful.

I agree that reload and punchthrough are nice stats to have on a Tigris riven; simultaneously, given the availability of Seeking Fury it also feels rather redundant to have a side-grade to the mod. I personally use both a Riven with more damage and reload speed as well as Seeking Fury as the last 2 slots on a 100% status build (4 60/60s, Primed Point Blank and Hell's Chamber being the others). The extra reload speed boost brings it closer to the Sancti in terms of handling, bar the syndicate proc.

I'd like to point out, however, that there are rivens out there that can be better than normal mods, but you'd either have to be extremely lucky to roll one, or be platinum rich to find one. Examples below:

http://imgur.com/evFHBwh

http://imgur.com/YCygutv

http://imgur.com/1hjVXRf

http://imgur.com/a/qH6Ks

I can only imagine how Euphona Prime will handle rivens if its purported disposition is as low as dataminers claim it to be... probably only perfect riven rolls will see any usage.