The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

HUD - Waypoint update! More options please!

I'm hoping for some more in game options for HUD such as;

●  Being able to turn off HUD Waypoint Markers, (The markers would still show on the minimap ... they just get in the way of your view, I'm aware you can turn off your HUD but that stops me being able to count how much health I have, energy reserves, ammo etc. This is just to disable Waypoint markers)

●  HUD Waypoint Marker transparency slider, therefore I can see enemies without it being so distracting,

●  Waypoint View Distance - This would allow you to change your settings to allow less visual clutter for example; 

Doing a spy mission you don't see A, B, C constantly on your HUD form any position on the map ... You get the waypoint marker showing up on your HUD depending on the View Distance you have set in metres. 200m, 100m, 50m something like that just to reduce the amount of visual clutter. (An alternative would be to toggle an option that only shows Waypoint Markers for items and objectives in the present room/tile you are standing in.)

Edited by main_antagonist
They just****

• being able to turn them off/on in the menu
    fine if you want to but i think this will add a lot of confusion since if you want to leave the mission you kinda need the waypoint for the extraction room
    and opening the menu just to switch them on again to leave the mission is kinda annoying
  • transparency slider is actually a good idea but not only for waypoints instead for all HUD elements
  • view distance is sooo difficult since if you are playing on e.g. europa there are a lot of really long tunnels that add up quickly when it comes to distance so if you start the mission you have no clue which direction to walk even worse if its makers just within the room

apart from the transparency slider this whole concept doesn't seem to much thought-through
definitely needs more work before anyone would consider to implement this

1 hour ago, Weidro said:

fine if you want to but i think this will add a lot of confusion since if you want to leave the mission you kinda need the waypoint for the extraction room

If it's still in the minimap, those who disable it will still be able to find the exit. I mean, they do know what they're getting into when they pick to disable the things.

Instead of transparency I really just want to make them smaller. We never really had transparent HUD options in Warframe and at least for me it would be weird. And while I understand the distance idea, I doubt anything so complex would ever be added.

1 hour ago, Weidro said:
  • being able to turn them off/on in the menu
    and opening the menu just to switch them on again to leave the mission is kinda annoying

It's never been an issue for me I use my minimap for all my waypoints I don't care about them on my HUD just a personal preference, the new update just added more clutter for me honestly.

1 hour ago, Weidro said:
  • transparency slider is actually a good idea but not only for waypoints instead for all HUD elements

I think so too :)

1 hour ago, Weidro said:
  • view distance is sooo difficult since if you are playing on e.g. europa there are a lot of really long tunnels that add up quickly when it comes to distance so if you start the mission you have no clue which direction to walk even worse if its makers just within the room

apart from the transparency slider this whole concept doesn't seem to much thought-through
definitely needs more work before anyone would consider to implement this

Again I'd get the general gist of where I'm going from my minimap if I came to a fork in the road that would eventually prompt the waypoint to show up since I'd be closer being at the end of that room/tile.

As for the idea not being thought-through that's harsh to say since you're not considering things from the perspective of a player who relies on the minimap markers instead of HUD waypoints. We have different playstyles the update made things easier for you, for me it made things a lot more chaotic on my screen with clutter pointing in every direction when I'd like to focus on combat and relying on my map for navigation.

Edited by main_antagonist
further explanation

4 hours ago, AzoreanEve said:

If it's still in the minimap

4 hours ago, main_antagonist said:

I use my minimap

u guys do realize that the minimap is part of the HUD ?
and turning waypoint markers off in the HUD would disable them even on the minimap

16 hours ago, main_antagonist said:

I'm hoping for some more in game options for HUD such as;

●  Being able to turn off HUD Waypoint Markers, (The markers would still show on the minimap ... they just get in the way of your view, I'm aware you can turn off your HUD but that stops me being able to count how much health I have, energy reserves, ammo etc. This is just to disable Waypoint markers)

You seem to be ignoring when I said "Being able to turn off HUD Waypoint Markers, (The markers would still show on the minimap ..." @Weidro

9 hours ago, Weidro said:

u guys do realize that the minimap is part of the HUD ?
and turning waypoint markers off in the HUD would disable them even on the minimap