Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need help from Warframe veterans (a bit longer post)

(PSN)kompesak45

Question

Hi people, I apologize for the longer post but I think this could help more people than just me. I am currently at mastery rank 9, and im kind of struggling with the transition from 'mid-game' to 'end-game'. I have done some reasearch and for example, someone said that Scindo Prime is a good end game weapon. So i went ahead and got Scindo Prime (got blood rush, body count, pressure point, 2 elements, berserker, buzz kill) and yet i still dont do much damage to the 70-80 level units. Also, I got a Tigris, 'forma' it 2 times, got a bunch of slash damage and still its a pain to kill 90-100 levels. My Soma does barely any damage and its not like I didnt put mods on it. Vectis is kind of okay to be honest. I see others kill 100+ lvls on a whim. I also saw that someone said that Nikana Prime is a fair end game weapon, and there it is building right now, and what am I supposed to put on it and be sure that I'm not gonna be useless next time I go to do a sortie?

Another thing is that, some people say that grineer are weak to radiation damage, and from the damage 2.0 cheat sheet I saw that they are in fact weak to corrosive damage, just like corpus are weak to magnetic, and infected to gas. Is that correct?

I apologize one more time for a maybe over subjective post, but I really need help with this.

Thank you, Tenno.

What makes the endgame are less individuall goodies but rather a working synergy.

You got a nice weapon? That's cool. Get you a frame that makes the most of it.

Anything is viable in a correct setup.

This kinda becomes copy-paste at this point but i'll still share it with you...

I'm currently playing Nidus, paired with a pure status lacera. Usually not the best idea but what i do is using it with larva, pulling enemys together and sliding trough the hoardet enemys, what gets one 100% out of gas/electro proccs. The damage you do with your setup? Avaiable any time. No need to substain it, exponentially profiting from stealth (maiming strike + naramons shadow step) and status (Condition overload, lacera sets 2x status by itself- 2,56x multiplier, further exponentially scaling from any other status on the field.)

That i'm using naramon also further enables me additional defense, what makes my nidus build more offensive.

How you use stuff is just as important as what you use.

23 minutes ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

What makes the endgame are less individuall goodies but rather a working synergy.

You got a nice weapon? That's cool. Get you a frame that makes the most of it.

Anything is viable in a correct setup.

This kinda becomes copy-paste at this point but i'll still share it with you...

I'm currently playing Nidus, paired with a pure status lacera. Usually not the best idea but what i do is using it with larva, pulling enemys together and sliding trough the hoardet enemys, what gets one 100% out of gas/electro proccs. The damage you do with your setup? Avaiable any time. No need to substain it, exponentially profiting from stealth (maiming strike + naramons shadow step) and status (Condition overload, lacera sets 2x status by itself- 2,56x multiplier, further exponentially scaling from any other status on the field.)

That i'm using naramon also further enables me additional defense, what makes my nidus build more offensive.

How you use stuff is just as important as what you use.

While that definitely is true that weapon and warframe combos can make end game really strong, it's not exclusive. As a mostly mag and nova player, I find that a lot of weapons work with my setup. Of course I have favorites, but they aren't the perfect synergy (such as I like shotguns (strun wraith, tigris prime, etc.) and secondaries such as acrid, atomos, vaykor marelok, and such. Synergies and combos will always be strong, but a lot of weapons can be viable and useful in end game, just depends on how you use them.

What I find as I feel my way along this path myself is that it's about multiple things:

1. Knowing what damage types are good against what faction.

2. Coming to grips with crit vs. status and what is best when (and what you are better at doing when you play, and what your weapons favor)

3. Finding the strong mods and forma-ing stuff so you can squeeze 'em in.

The first two have been more important for me than the third, but it's all mixing together. I defer to longtimers in the game for specific build advice. And, of course, figuring out where your strengths are when you play. I tend to lean more toward defensive / crowd control as something I "get", so I'm more naturally using my powers to the advantage of the team if I've got a frame that does that.

Edited by (XB1)CannyJack

This question is multipart.

One part is the weapon you choose-- and in that, you have to assess how to build the weapon to maximize it-- 20+% crit, it's a crit weapon, 20+% status, it's a status weapon, less than 20% crit and status, it's a standard damage weapon, 20+% crit and status, it's both crit and status.

If it's a crit weapn, pump up the crit and crit damage, sacrificing +status chance mods.

If it's a status weapon, pump up the status and status damage, sacrificing +crit and +crit damage mods.

If it's a standard damage weapon, focus on raw damage, sacrificing +crit, +crit damage, +status chance.

If it's a crit and status weapon, then add a mix of both crit and status mods.

All weapons benefit from +raw damage (Serration, for example), so this is the uniquitous mod that must go on all weapons. All weapons benefit from some flavor of elemental damage, as the damage itself is applied whenever you do any damage at all. But not all weapons benefit from +status chance, +crit or +crit damage.

Another part is the type of enemy you're fighting (this are generalizations)--

Grineer are armor and are susceptible more to Corrosive, Radiation and Puncture

Corpus are armor and shields and are more susceptible to Corrosive, Magnetic and Impact

Infested are flesh and fossilized flesh (armor) and are more susceptible to Gas, Corrosive, Heat and Slash

Corrupted are a mix, and vulnerable most to Viral

These are generalizations, and  the specific type of weapon damage and elemental damage used should be appropriate to the majority of the mobs you fight. Some damage types and elemental types actually suffer penalties for some types of mods but huge bonuses for others-- and some damage types are great against shields and then sucky against armor and flesh.

The point above the generalizations is to point out that Corrosive gets the highest benefit across the most mobs.

Additionally, Armor mitigation is a lot more effective than Shield mitigation, increasing the overall Effective Hit Points of a mob far more than a straight increase in shields would.

Lastly, you have to factor in the status effect that goes with a status type proccing. Blast knocks things down, Corrosive reduces total armor, etc. And this is another reason why Corrosive is so powerful. Not only does it do extra damage against some mobs, but it also reduces armor for those mobs when status effects occur.

Once you understand these parts and how they synergize, you then get the joy of trying to put together a set of weapons and frames that are best able to combat the enemy that you're fighting against.

Aside from the ubiquity of things like +damage mods (which basically are mandatory for all builds) I think Damage 1.x (what we have now) is pretty diverse and interesting-- it unfortunately relies too heavily on armor/corrosive effects to render combat easier. This is kind of a one-size fits all approach to most content. (Although, try taking slash damage weapons against Grineer, and then compare that against a puncture damage weapon and see how the puncture damage will outperform slash. Leaving aside the bleed effect from slash.)

Good luck in your education into Damage 1.x.