Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lech Kril Assassination needs some updates

LordPreda

Kril was probably the first boss to be updated. He is also the source for Frost, one of the New Players' first and most useful warframes. He is in dire need of another update. Below I've outlined some of his problems, especially with regards to New Player Experience.

Lotus' voiceovers don't tell you much of anything about what you will be up against as a new player. Just that he's a seasoned warhero and that he has a hammer. No mention of his freezing powers, his fire abilities or the fact that he's indestructible. In addition to that, the voiceovers come in out of order, Lotus saying "He may have other tricks up his sleeves" before saying anything else about him. A reason why we're killing him would also be good. "Our Exposed Colony"? What colony is that? No information about it exists. Compare this to the excellent Raptor assassination VO, wherein she tells you there's a manufacturing facility you must demolish in addition to killing the robots, and how it's not accessible from the surface. A very good VO that should be the template for other boss battles.

In addition, Lech Kril's weakspots aren't very well telegraphed even with the greyed-out life bar. I'm still not sure how we kill him beyond "shoot the tubes while he is frozen" (and I'm an old player) and his model is buggy: sometimes he swings his machinegun instead of the hammer and the hammer itself doesn't align with his hands properly.

I think a few easy tweaks to his model, such as clearly outlined weak spots and a better Lotus Voiceover would be helpful.

19 minutes ago, LordPreda said:

It seems like an easy thing to do. Just some voice lines and visual tweaks. He doesn't need a rework or some massive changes.

Yes, along as well the weak spot to be more... eye-catching. (Sorry for the lame input there) Nevertheless, he could use some new tweaks on his voice lines just to make him a little more threatening! (not really. Just a spoof. He's really not that threatening).

Edited by (PS4)ILoveSpeed-4ever
Mispelling