Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please remove 5 second delay between non-rotational waves on defense

Xekrin

Do we really need 5 seconds between waves 1 & 2 & 3 & 4?  We get a break at 5, 10, 15.  That's plenty in my opinion.  Not to mention it takes at least 5 seconds for the enemies to arrive AFTER the countdown is over.  That's over 10 seconds!

Aren't defense missions long enough?  We need to trim the fat and reduce the time spent in these things.  There is a reason a speed nova is practically mandatory for defense missions.

It would also be great if the entire wave came streamed out without breaks in between.  Perhaps not every enemy at the exact same moment, but lets increase that trickle to a river and let the enemies flow.  Yeah, waiting for enemies is a pain.  I fully believe that.  Let's make defense missions just the tiniest bit more challenging and stop wasting time standing around twiddling our thumbs.

It is taken to a whole new level of excruciating when the defense mission is on a huge tileset (earth, uranus, lua, void) where enemies have to travel miles just to get to us.  It may be nice for new players but lets just throw them in the deep end and see how they fare.  Why not.

One of the main reasons I enjoy survival most is the constant stream of enemies, the action never stops (except for, you know, fissures, because pausing every 5 minutes is the ONLY solution), and I would gladly never do a defense mission again but things drop in defense that don't in survivals.

Did you know most (all?) relics drop on A rotation (or B/C) in defenses but those same relics are b/c (or C only) in survivals?  This makes farming of relics take twice as long if you go survival.  Which, thanks to all the time wasted doing nothing is nearly as long as a survival except way more boring!

Thank you for your time and consideration of my feedback and opinion, and kindly note you don't have to agree.  I probably won't respond to flames, maybe.

Do you remember when you were lower MR and did not have vacuum? You have to pick everything up by running over it. The delay is to give time to run around picking up health, ammo, and energy before the next wave. I get where you're coming from. I'm higher ranked myself and don't need the 5 seconds at all.

It may be just me, but I like the 5 second wait. It gives me time to gather materials and mods left on the ground after staying by the cryopod or whatever you're defending.

I'll admit, it can be annoying at times, but it serves its purpose. You''re exaggerating though about how long it lengthens the survival or defense.

5 hours ago, TGKazein said:

Do you remember when you were lower MR and did not have vacuum?

5 hours ago, (Xbox One)Ginger Bruhv said:

t gives me time to gather materials and mods left on the ground

2 hours ago, (Xbox One)CannyJack said:

In fact, it's easy to exactly determine how much time it adds to a mission! The answer is 5 seconds every time it happens.

Everyone is saying pretty much the same thing but omitting the fact I addressed already.  There is already a delay after the 5 second countdown before enemies actually arrive anywhere near the cryopod.  Especially on larger maps it takes several seconds before new enemies are within range, also include the variable delay where its one or three enemies at the start of a wave before the rest start arriving in force.

There really is already quite a decent breather time between each wave even excluding the 5 seconds I'm requesting be eliminated.  At worst it could be based on the mission's Tier.  Such as earth still keeps the lengthy delay whereas Eris defense has no delay at all and enemies just attack en masse near constantly.

Which is ironic because the whole reason for this thread was I was farming those new drops on earth last night and the wait between enemies just bored me to death.  Yeah, I know veteran on earth will be bored, but it still felt sluggish and slow.  Earth defense is freaking huge tileset already, enemies have probably a dozen spawn-in points that makes waiting for enemies very tedious.

I simply cannot imagine, even as a new player on a much lower level defense, being overwhelmed so much by enemies between wave 1 ending and wave 2 beginning if that 5 seconds was not there.  To me, at least, it really just strengthens the mindset of being quick and gathering loot as you go.

It would not be hard for veterans to test in game though, just unequip the sentinel, slap on your worst weapons and wait for enemies to show themselves.  In a lot of ways catering to new players is a very good thing, but at a certain point the training wheels should come off.

I agree removing the 5 seconds would be a fantastic change. Not sure how viable it would be but it would be great for survival/defense if someone doesn't want to just wait 20-30 minutes for things to start to get interesting if we could mass send waves.