Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Best Defense - Melee Creation Contest!

[DE]Megan

melee-idea_orig.jpgFaction: Infestation

Grip Type: Hammer grip type (like Fragor)

Breif Descriction: Created around the same time as the Mire, the Typhus (a real world fever caused by bacteirum) is a heavy Infested hammer that emmits a viral AoE burst with slam attacks, and normally deals (in order from most prevalent damapge type to least prevalent damage type): Impact, Puncture, and Slash.

-Long Live the Lotus (aka Rebecca Ford)
Edited by Great.Dane

Everyone as their ''go to'' weapons. For new weapons to compete they would need to match or beat the current in game weaponry, but that could cause balance issues.

My suggestion is to create more utilitarian weaponry, this would create a reason to use these weapons without having to make them ''maximum damage'' dealers...

I'm no artist, so not posting picture / sketches.

Ideas-

1- Energy leach whip - restores x# of energy per hit or kill (including quick strikes)

2- Ammo hammer - restores ammo to both primary & secondaries with each hit (including quick strikes)

3- lightning dagger - increases sprint speed when equipped (Volt speed)

4- Blink glaive - when thrown, secondary fire teleports player

5- Ripping chain sword - secondary fire replicates valkyr ripline ability

6- Dashing daggers - when targeting environment, secondary fire causes player to throw dagger creating a dashline (Ivara dashline arrows)

So this is my first time ever attempting anything like this. My art is not great, my digital art is worse so I stuck to my own skills.

Faction: Corpus

Brief Description: The staff called Dìonadair, is unique in the way it deals Magnetic Damage and its special Defensive ability. In an attacking way, it works exactly like a normal Staff that deals magnetic damage, in the defensive way the Tenno Slams down the staff and an energy field expands the length of the staff protecting from frontal attacks, this also shields fellow tennos who can protect you from attacks from behind. Unfortunately the tenno in defensive cannot move.

W9lwUhE.jpg

On 3/3/2017 at 0:58 PM, Senketsu_ said:

The Kanigata/dragon Kanigata.

ZxzGqiX.png

• Kanigata.
  • Faction: Tenno.
  • Grip: Polearm.
  • Description: A Polearm predating the Orokin Empire. It shares its origins and forging technique with the Nikana. Excels at killing your enemies at a distance

Kanigata Stats: 
Impact: 3.5
Puncture: 25.3
Slash: 45.2
Crit Ch: 15%
Crit Dmg: 100%
Attck Speed: 1.2 rate
Status Chance: 20%
Mastery Level: 4

Stance: Polearm

Dragon Kanigata Stats:

Impact: 4.0

Puncture: 28.8

Slash: 80.2

Crit Ch: 20%

Crit Dmg: 200%

Attack Speed: 1.0 rate

Status Chance: 25%

Mastery Level: 8

Stance: Polearm

I think this should be a pike, or a spear not a Polearm.

https://fb-s-b-a.akamaihd.net/h-ak-xtp1/v/t31.0-8/17191934_10211959304045590_1261773311148183391_o.jpg?oh=6fb398549ca531b5d96134eec5a97cf0&oe=592C98BE&__gda__=1495907099_ae82073401aebf9aadf961dd57844b90

Tizteza

Faction: The infested.
Brief description: The blade and main body are a heavily infested destreza while the actual grip and guard ressembles the tysis. It comes to being when a distracted tenno misplaced said weapons near Hellmint`s room.

this is a gunblade: Quick melee uses destreza animations. the charged attack is a single powerfull shot that procs corrosion at 100%. When equipped every last hit of the combos fires a shot. The shot is pinpoint accurate. It can use gunblade stances and rapier (maybe). The base damage is puncture and some corrosion.

Weapon gameplay concept:

So now then, we have this rarely used mechanic that all weapons have, but few have unique interactions.
Yes, channeling. What id imagine is a weapon that has the usual "normal" mode and "Overcharged" mode.
During "Overcharge" the weapon recieves extra reach (like +500% reach or something, easily reach the same distance as Mios with primed Reach) and a heat dmg.
This weapon would benefit most from channeling mods with the highest channeling damage, average status and low crit.

Minimal effort guide:

To build it, you'd need the Tonbo :P the grip part could be one to one rip of the Tonbos, but the blade part has to be changed, flat surfaces could be textured like the blade.

Weapon tech Lore:
Scavanged from an abandoned lab of a collapsing Moon, this polearm utilizes hard light to sever and immolate targets from afar.

Utilizing a combination of a photon thick blade and the warframe void energy this weapon dispatches enemies at ease.õ

Holstered full size staff, in terms of Tenno height, same as the tenno polearm Tonbo,

cQuLhMc.png

Activated staff:
mySLrng.png

Was hoping that the hilt area, where you can see scribbles would be filled with this
MTPhlsd.png

http://s1151.photobucket.com/user/teeheekilla/media/2.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

(This is merely a re-upload), there was a few details i left out..they being just a little color on the blade to give the idea of the toxin, just to clarify that this upload is merely for the look and idea/concept and to add the idea of this being a infested scythe(i have my brother and nephew to thank for that :3) i also want to apologize for the poor coloring job 

In all i don't i do not mind what you do in terms of the toxin concept and i am also fine with the general look of it changing in the end product (if it is picked ofc XD, of course i do not mind if its not...as i myself have seen some amazing ideas and would love to see any of them in the game :3) 

Before I continue, I want it to be clear that I experienced technical issues. Not only did my image not upload directly to this message, but these past three attempts at submitting my reply have failed. Please don't disqualify me for this.

Name: Tont & Gorge

Faction: Infested

Grip type: Sword & Shield 

Description: Imbued with infested material; this weapon resembles a beetle in design, but is not dominated by such. It includes slightly moving appendages upon the sheild's surface that intensify upon blocking damage. To fit in within the shield family, "Gorge's" unique trait would be health restoration on block. Depending on how low your health is -  the percentage of health return would increase. By no means is this a life saving trait, but moreso a prolonging of the battle. "Tont" is the war club; it introduces much needed impact, and blunt presence in a melee selection that is dominated by bladed items.

Behold! Tont & Gorge in it's most primal form!

Edited by (PS4)Arengade
Sentence structure revision. Added shield trait.

ladies and mentlegen, i present to you: hyroda

cYbFAw4.png

so. "what is this S#&$ty 12 year olds paint project?" you might ask.

well this is my concept. sadly the 3D modeling software i normally use bugged out and i lost my wacom pen. so paint will have to do.

this is a design for a single sword, uses the single sword grip and stances. its designed after the itzal archwing.

it is shorter than most other single swords. as you can see by comparing it to the skana for scale.

when you cut with it it expands, using a combination of magnetic levitation and a technology found in alad V's lab based on valkyrs ripline. this does not happen on stabs and downward cuts as that would lodge the blade into the ground.

the sword has 2 different pages of stats, one for the physical blade parts and one for the plasma part.

blade:

75 slash

20 impact

5 puncture

20% crit chance

2X crit multiplier

0% status chance

1.5X channeling damage modifier

plasma:

100 electricity

5% crit chance

1.5X crit multiplier

35% status chance

2X channeling damage modifier

universal:

0.9 atack speed

how far the physical blades are appart is decided by melee range.

Edited by SupremeDutchGamer
slimmed down the blade a little, it was way to thick for a one handed sword.

Sorry for the quality of the image.
I had problems with my computer and deleted the whole procedure, however I was able to take a photo before it happened.

I want to present a model of weapon and shield of style corpus.

Thanks to the advances of the technology corpusa created this equipment of weapon and shield throws of energy.

Laser sword: Radiation is its base damage, (as seen in the image is saved as the glaive)

Energy Shield: Anergy is deployed on both sides when entering melee combat style.

yg7EHWK.jpg

Possible Names: Brimstone, Caldera, Volcanus

Faction: Tenno

Stance: Heavy blades

Trait ideas: high impact and and heat damage with a high CRIT chance at the cost of speed. Slam attack sets the surrounding area ablaze for a short time damaging enemies within. The charge attack is a strong overhead swing resulting in an explosion on impact with blast/heat proc to the enemies within its range. When channeling the cracks glow brighter and smoke rises from the blade dealing extra heat damage.

Personal Description: Harness the wrath of nature itself with this massive volcanic blade. Each swing leaves nothing but blood and ash in its wake.

Artworkhttp://m.imgur.com/WZlWqkY

Edited by (XB1)UnbiasedFable14

Here is my weapon entry, hope you guys like it, also please give feedback and any changes you may think of. 

Name: Domaclash, (by Dead-Calibur)

Backstory: From a culture thought to have existed long before the Tenno, Warriors used the sword and shield as a pair, for the perfect balance of quick offense, and reliable defense. The Tenno took note of this balance and determined there was just one weakness... range. Countering this setback the Tenno have adapted the use of chains and firearms to carve their way through the system with the true justice of gun and blade, melded together in the same balance they wish to restore to the Galaxy.

Gunsword type attached to shield by a chain. Stances include sword and shield stances, whipsword stances ex.( defiled snapdragon) and Gunsword stances ex. ( bullet dance or high noon). Tapping melee button enables melee attack, while holding will cause the Gunsword to fire a revolver caliber bullet. Blocking is as normal, but when you block while sprinting, will cause puncture proc and knockdown effect to targets in direct contact of the sprinting shield bearer.

Stats:

Slash 100  Crit chance 25%     Rate of fire 1.3

Impact 50 ( applies to shield sprint bash)      Crit multiplier 2.0

Puncture 50 (applies to shield sprint bash)          Status chance 20%

Edited by (PS4)DEAD-CALIBUR
My picture won't post!!

Faction:Grineer 

Description: one brave long lost builder of the Grineer experimented with many forms of tech. With only crude Grineer weapons at his disposal he had one question at mind, what if I put a shotgun on my arm?.............. 

TllWhFX.jpg

Here is my weapon entry, hope you guys like it, also please give feedback and any changes you may think of. 

Name: Domaclash, (by Dead-Calibur)

Gunsword type attached to shield by a chain. Stances include sword and shield stances, whipsword stances ex.( defiled snapdragon) and Gunsword stances ex. ( bullet dance or high noon). Tapping melee button enables melee attack, while holding will cause the Gunsword to fire a revolver caliber bullet. Blocking is as normal, but when you block while sprinting, will cause puncture proc and knockdown effect to targets in direct contact of the sprinting shield bearer.

Stats:

Slash 100  Crit chance 25%     Rate of fire 1.3

Impact 50 ( applies to shield sprint bash)      Crit multiplier 2.0

Puncture 50 (applies to shield sprint bash)          Status chance 20%

Picture of it here -->  http://imgur.com/a/Ibotp 

Edited by (PS4)DEAD-CALIBUR
trouble posting picture