Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The word "Gay"

ShadyFlames

Oh so that's why he uses aggp, also it's easier to type lol but yeah it's blacklisted because of how people tend to use it. I just run a mission with somebody that wouldn't stop crying out "this is so gay" because we extracted at 144 instead of 150 like he wanted to (also he was dead/0revives by the end of the mission)

5 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Sir xXDoomXx said:

i think its absurd

It is absurd. I almost find it more offensive than the people who use it as an expression in regards to something not a person like a situation (as in "that's gay"), or even more offensive than people who use it to insult each other when they both know the other person isn't gay. 

Actually to be honest the only situations where I am offended regarding the word "gay" are 1) When someone uses it as an insult toward someone they know IS gay. 2) When someone censors the word as if it is somehow "bad", out of sheer laziness because they don't want to pick through chat and only punish those who use it in a derogatory way toward others. 

1 hour ago, MagPrime said:

Might want to spend some time in the LGBTQI community.  There is actually an orientation known as Queer and is the Q in their abbreviation.  It doesn't hold inherently negative connotations, just like gay doesn't.

Always a bit iffy about adding the word queer. It does normalize it back to it's original intent however it was once the most common word to condemn homosexuality. Though removing the word would be the same as censoring for fear of those that would use it with malicious intent.

The same thing could be said for DE censoring the word gay but I think it's more about protecting their player base rather than fear. Some time ago the word gay became slang for kids to define something as lame or worthless. Practically the same as how people would use the word queer. So to avoid this and the people that might use it in such a way it's quicker to have it censored. However at the same time they are censoring one of the words that people use to define themselves as homosexual. It's like censoring a player because another person might use their name as an insult......I wonder if the word %!& is still censored? The funny thing is that they still used the word queer in the Banshee trailer :) I guess that means they are up with the times but maybe not the player base?

Food:

Edit: The answer is yes, the word for a person of Judaism is still censored.

Edited by Postal_pat