Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De's Alert System Strikes Again

AlphaArcticWolf

Its all RNG.

DE does NOT control when the alerts pop up or what the alert rewards will be.

RNG determines the time and then determines if it has an actual reward. Then it determines what the reward will be.

Its completely random and fair for people all around the world.

Yesterday i picked the Glaive that i was waiting for almost 2 months. I have a few friends that didn't get it, because at the time i got it (8PM) it was 4PM for them, so they were at work. Unfair right? Well, the one before, that i lost, was at my 5AM, so some of my friend, were on and did it. Unfair right?

It's random, it's random, it's random.  If you want that Warframe so bad, you can pay money for it.   If you want it so bad but do not want to pay money for it, run the alert app on your phone or have your computer sound an alert sound to wake you up.

The whole thing is, do I pay money so I play it now, or do I have patience for things to line up just right and I get the item for free?  If you want, you can try to make it so you're available to get said item when it is available for free, or grind away at bosses to try to get some items (not the case for the vanban, but is the case for most other frames), but it all comes down to patience.  The fact that you have to wait for a random event to get a part that you need may be distressing, but how is this different than waiting for a game you want to go on sale at a particular price, or waiting for a daily deal to come up with an item you were looking on getting?  It is truly the same thing, wait till they give you the part for free for a limited time, or buy it full price.  That's it.

Its all RNG.

RNG determines the time and then determines if it has an actual reward. Then it determines what the reward will be.

Actually no why do you think they release orokin catalysts, reactors or formas after every live stream and let it run for about 1440 minutes? 

And it was stated in one random alert before, one dev or DE employee did not have a certain artifact so they put in an alert for it so he can do the mission to obtain it.

@Dreiii

The ONLY times that they have controlled the alerts are:

1) After the livestreams

2) That ONE alert.

Beyond that it is all RNG controlled.

DE does NOT sit there and have an employee go:

"Ok...time for a 2K credit alert..." and then 15 minutes later "Ok...time for a 3.5K credit alert with Vauban systems..."

What happens is that for almost all of the alerts RNG controlls it all. DE has stated, multiple times, that RNG determines all of alerts outside of special ones, such as the potatoes after live streams.

Edited by Tsukinoki

@Dreiii

The ONLY times that they have controlled the alerts are:

1) After the livestreams

2) That ONE alert.

Beyond that it is all RNG controlled.

DE does NOT sit there and have an employee go:

"Ok...time for a 2K credit alert..." and then 15 minutes later "Ok...time for a 3.5K credit alert with Vauban systems..."

What happens is that for almost all of the alerts RNG controlls it all. DE has stated, multiple times, that RNG determines all of alerts outside of special ones, such as the potatoes after live streams.

I am saying that DE does have control over the alerts, im not saying they do control it.

I did not state in my last post that they sit around 24 hours 7 days a week controlling Alerts.

@Dreiii

And I never said that they cant control the alerts, I am just saying that they choose not to control them and leave them up to RNG.

that you did, completely true, was just clearing up things for the OP to read.

but anyway im sorry you did not obtain the vauban systems and nyx alt helm, I myself missed the heat dagger to make my dual heat swords but i have 2 vauban systems cause of alerts. i also have a few of the alternate helmets but i dont have Rhino's which is what i need but its nothing to complain about. it'll come. ( btw i missed the orokin catalyst alert yesterday by 6 minutes)

Its all RNG.

Thats funny, because i was around this time and DERebecca was also ingame online and had a chat with us in the Council with a couple more DE's. As we ask what Alert that is, she and the others immediatly said its Vauban Systems. After that Alert she ask again if we all did the Alert. But i dunno, i'm just a witness.

Edited by PadaPanda

Yesterday i picked the Glaive that i was waiting for almost 2 months. I have a few friends that didn't get it, because at the time i got it (8PM) it was 4PM for them, so they were at work. Unfair right? Well, the one before, that i lost, was at my 5AM, so some of my friend, were on and did it. Unfair right?

Daily rewards would've yielded the BP much quicker. Have loads of BPs. 

Pretty certain aside from the livestream's there has only been one other time they controlled an alert which was for Forma, first in a long time, and made reference to Pacific Rim.

Aside from that they leave it to their fan alien in his office to decide and selects annoying times for all.

Edited by Naith

Thats funny, because i was around this time and DERebecca was also ingame online and had a chat with us in the Council with a couple more DE's. As we ask what Alert that was she and others immediatly said its Vauban Systems. After that Alert she ask again if we all did the Alert. But i dunno, i'm just a witness.

I can do the same thing with the Warframe Alerts twitter, they also have a smartphone app that tells you when an alert is up and what reward it gives.

Actually no why do you think they release orokin catalysts, reactors or formas after every live stream and let it run for about 1440 minutes? 

And it was stated in one random alert before, one dev or DE employee did not have a certain artifact so they put in an alert for it so he can do the mission to obtain it.

And how does this differ to any other game that offers a limited time item for a holiday or to celebrate something?  They have a live steam and reward the players.  Wow, it is one of those long time events, that means there was a live stream, perhaps I should catch it on youtube to see what is up and coming soon with Warframe.

So, you're complaining that an employee, who gets perks for working at the place, made an alert so that everyone can go and get said artifact for a limited time?  Would you have preferred them just to give the item to the character and not have the alert run for everyone else to get the artifact?  Are you mad?    You're telling me you would be less upset if they simply gave their employee the item and not give you a chance to get it for free?  Or are you asking the silly question of why can't I get every item for free right now?  Uh because this a game and they're trying to make money, but still have lots of people play their game and have fun, but, they need to make money. 

@PadaPanda

And just because they *know* what it is doesn't mean they control what it is most of the time. I can have an RNG dice roller that tells me what it rolls before it tells everyone else, but that doesnt mean I controlled what it it rolled.

Or you could check their twitter alert or even their official smartphone app which will alert you whenever an alert pops up as well as tell you what its rewards are.

This is the old "MY group is clearly the more predominant (I have no data to back that up) therefore you should cater to my group and therefore myself" argument.

You have no idea how many people play Warframe and from where. Admit it: if you were on the other side of the world you would not give two flying S#&$s over whether the system was "fair" to the group of people you're championing right now. This is thinly veiled selfishness and nothing more.

I can do the same thing with the Warframe Alerts twitter, they also have a smartphone app that tells you when an alert is up and what reward it gives.

Let me tell you the Council are not slow or something, as soon as a Alert pops up with an "?" everyones asking for and DE just respond in no time.

All 3 DE text it at the same time.

But i don't say anything against the RNG, just saying cuz its such a coincedence and i like dicussion.

And how does this differ to any other game that offers a limited time item for a holiday or to celebrate something?  They have a live steam and reward the players.  Wow, it is one of those long time events, that means there was a live stream, perhaps I should catch it on youtube to see what is up and coming soon with Warframe.

So, you're complaining that an employee, who gets perks for working at the place, made an alert so that everyone can go and get said artifact for a limited time?  Would you have preferred them just to give the item to the character and not have the alert run for everyone else to get the artifact?  Are you mad?    You're telling me you would be less upset if they simply gave their employee the item and not give you a chance to get it for free?  Or are you asking the silly question of why can't I get every item for free right now?  Uh because this a game and they're trying to make money, but still have lots of people play their game and have fun, but, they need to make money. 

wtf are you going on about? Im saying DE does have control over the Alerts IF they wish to do something do you see me complaining about anything on the reply i just posted? what in the hell are you thinking im doing. do you even have the time to understand what i just said? did you see me say OH MY GOD THEY HAVE CONTROLS OVER ALERTS THEY SHOULD JUST GIVE US EVERYTHING NOW AND DONT SET IT TO RNG CAUSE IT WILL BE A WAST OF TIME. wth dude.

Its all RNG.

I know, chap :3 That's why I said "it strikes again"

@AlphaArcticWolf

Ahh, then I confused you with the rest of the people who think DE does that stuff on purpose and tries to whine and complain about all of it. And I do apologize for that. I just gave the standard explanation which is usually enough to stop those types of people.

@AlphaArcticWolf

Ahh, then I confused you with the rest of the people who think DE does that stuff on purpose and tries to whine and complain about all of it. And I do apologize for that. I just gave the standard explanation which is usually enough to stop those types of people.

We need more Tenno's like Tsukinoki, CatPhoenix on the other hand replies to everyones posts as if they were being hostile and complaining ( yes i went to his profile and viewed his posts, i got disappointed caude of his lack of understanding)