Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hows does the current damage system work?

Lakais

Question

One thing that bugged me in the game is how elemental damage mods seemed to outclass the physical damage types and mods in a weapon. However I do think that I am missing something in all this and would like to know how exactly the current damage system works. Or at the very least what am I missing.

Right now, elemental mods add damage types to a weapon and the damage is a percentage of the combined base damage types. This, ingame usually shows the elemental damage ending up being the primary damage type of that weapon and that bugs me. 

I did read the wiki page on damage 2.0 and to be honest it flew a bit over my head. But if I did understand it correctly, then the damage number we get when we shoot an enemy is the sum total of the final inflicted damage all the different damage types. The game calculating how much damage each different damage type in the weapon does at the end, and then adding the numbers together. Correct? 

2 answers to this question

yes. only thing you still have to watch out for when looking at damage numbers is that multishot displays multiple numbers.

also it does kinda suck how elemental damage overrules almost anything your weapon did, but it does allow you to bring pretty much any weapon against any faction by jsut swapping order of elemental mods.

Edited by CrudShuzKong
addded more info

In most cases elemental will be the majority of your damage but it doesn't always outclass Slash. The other physical damage types it does.

A pure physical Slash build is a viable option to deal with armored enemies, esp for melee due to the nature of Slash status procs.

The number you see in-game is the added total of your damage types together. Multishot can display these numbers together or separately depending on the weapon. Crit (Yellow numbers) are shown as a crit when multi-shot combines these numbers even if only one of the combined bullets actually crit.

I believe the concept of having majority of your weapon damage come from the elemental combos was to allow players to overcome a weapon's deficiencies Vs certain enemies. If you recall in Damage 1.0, Puncture based weapons just about ruled the game and there was little the player could do to fix that beside picking a weapon with supreme accuracy for head-shots.