Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Blade & Whip stance

(PSN)Violet__Prince

The combo "Heart of The Naga" does a flip while performing rapid strikes in the process which literally seems like a one hit kill, and there is absolutely no way to avoid getting killed by blade & whips now because of this combo. Even if you are lucky and avoid some of the damage it will knock you down because of the range of these weapons, killing you anyway.

Not sure about other platforms but now a very large majority of people in the conclave have resorted to using Mios or Lacera, myself included as there is no other way to escape it unless you use it yourself. I am quite surprised nothing has been done about this as the Nikana, Sword & Shield combos have all been adjusted.

3 hours ago, (PS4)Ultro-Warrior said:

Not sure about other platforms but now a very large majority of people in the conclave have resorted to using Mios or Lacera, myself included as there is no other way to escape it unless you use it yourself. I am quite surprised nothing has been done about this as the Nikana, Sword & Shield combos have all been adjusted.

Thing is, the Nikana and Sword&board combos were too powerful on all platforms (except Leading Blade, which for some reason got a 2nd attack windup when it was fine, now it's very underperforming) and thus were adjusted. Sword&Whips, while demolishing as they may be on Consoles, are actually balanced and okay on PC, meaning DE would have 3 options that aren't this:

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Xx-Ribbium-xX said:

NERF NERF NERF NERF NERF NERF NERF

Because that one is the easiest and rarely solves ANYTHING. It would just make a weapon category useless.

Now the 3 possible options are:

-Leave at as it is, since DE never adresses balance for one side only, always for everyone, which means PC would get slapped with a solid weapon losing any effectiveness.

-Add a second attack wind up, but make up for it by making them faster so the overall combo time remains roughly the same, and add a "combo stop" attack at the end to prevent endless chaining.

-Rework both pause and rmb combos from scratch. There are other stances that need the same treatment. Specially as new PvE stances with new moves are released.

Just now, Witchydragon said:

No they aren't.

My answer on that thread:

On the other hand, Blade&Whip combos leave the user very exposed, as they have a slow starting animation that you can't interrupt or roll out of. And the pause combo of B&W is unique in that it has some verticality and range at the cost of a narrow hitbox. Any target moving sideways can get out of the combo pretty easily and then counter attack.

Anyway, rebalancing the stance is the key here. Adding a second attack required (but keeping the same overall combo time by making the first and second be faster than the current one) and a "combo stop" attack would be enough.

5 hours ago, (PS4)Ultro-Warrior said:

The combo "Heart of The Naga" does a flip while performing rapid strikes in the process which literally seems like a one hit kill, and there is absolutely no way to avoid getting killed by blade & whips now because of this combo. Even if you are lucky and avoid some of the damage it will knock you down because of the range of these weapons, killing you anyway.

For once I agree with a nerf for a melee weapon. I designed 3 loadouts specifically for melee users and no matter what I did I couldn't avoid thelse attacks due to the range and when I got tagged I got knocked down and pummeled. 

Worse than the Jat Kittag era. 

We have to put some serious thought into this one, nerfing this weapon can hurt melee to melee match ups pretty bad. nerfing things don't always resolve the issue and they can create more.

I know I am not the best at melee and I don't think the blade & whips are hard to challenge. I have consistently challenged and killed off many players using the blade and whip with the Kestral, Nikana and Furax.

Nerfing the blade and whip can make other weapons be put at an advantage. Those weapons would win fights much too consistently against blade and whip.

Adding a second attack to it, I can stand with that. It wouldn't hurt the weapon so much, but give more of a fighting chance to other players and kill "yolo" blade & whip combos

I can't deny that the blade & whip is one of those weapons, you just go all out with and get results, while other weapons require more work.

@(PS4)Ultro-Warrior

Want to beat the blade & whip try this...

Fist weapons and Sparring weapons  - Fish out there combo and challenge with a slam attack into a follow up, you have faster recovery on your slams and if you hit after there flip it should be a clean punish. You really want that slam and a knockdown, that is one of your easy advantages.

I recommend using Hydroid in combination, you can set up walls of tentacles. I don't see Hydroid a lot, but he is GODLY, put health regen on him max his ehp and save energy for undertow get immunity + health + sheild(its the best cheat death imo). Remember to mix up your position in undertow for a safe wake up.

Good camping frame, next to Vauban, Frost, and Oberon(Not in order).

Furax - you go back and forth with the slam combo(Don't finish the combo after the second slam) When you do get them to flip combo, you can R2 combo them into a roll to the side and then make use of that stagger, quick hits and when they start their combo glide above and follow them into a slam or slide attack for a knockdown into a follow-up.

Throw weapons - You honestly don't even have to come close to them. you can zone them out.

If you have the Kestral it can be death by follow up on knockdown. (Throw into knockdown > air-AoE > Slam or grown finisher all while channeling).

The Ceratas nasty too, toxic. Ignore armor.

You can also whiff your hits, start that pause combo or R2. If you keep your distance with the pause combo you can tap them with that knockdown and stop the combo for a better follow-up(After knockdown combo cancel, follow-up with R2 and its death or a stagger for another chance to kill)(Not everyone is going to be modded to defend against this and if they do, just be mindful of that and their drawbacks.). Remember to channel your combos if you can, it's worth the energy.

Nikana -  You want to hit them with the end of your first combo channeled and aim for the head. For R2 combo, you want to hit with the end channeled and aim for the head if alive follow up for ground finisher, you want to trade attacks with the blade & whip. Don't worry, I strongly believe the trade is in your favor.

I am not much of a Nikana user, I am a victim and this is from a victims point of view and what looks like the reason this thing kills me so fast.

I troll blade & whip users all day, but I don't play games with the Nikana so much. After receiving an * whooping by it the way I did, getting 1-2 two shotte the whole game.

Daggers - Stick to them like glue, forgot the mod. If you can get behind them that's going to wreck their day.

Can't write you a whole codex, but here are some tips & tricks.

Think of this fight as playing footsie in street fighter.

I can't say their names.

You can go ask the players on Xbox that have used the blade & whip against me, "How does my Kestral taste?"

If they want, we can 1v1 blade and whip vs whatever weapon I choose(Obviously the Kestral).

Edited by (XB1)Tylers Legend