The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon and his role

Phyrak

3 hours ago, Kerberos-3 said:

Oh, they behave very differently. A Paladin is usually a very heavy, defensive melee unit with holy magic to self heal and buff his allies. A Druid is a magic unit that uses the natural forces to cause as much damage as possible, whether it's through summoned animals, plant manipulation, or use of natural elements.

Congratulations you just described the bastardized modern MMO versions of the classes, now go pick up a D&D book which is where all the classes of Warframe come from (MMOs use to be based off this but now they just use the names)

Edited by SilvaDreams

i for one actually really like Oberon, he is sort of a jack of all trades and I think he has potential. However, his powers are non-scalable, and that really hurts his usability. Either a buff or a point system like Nidus could help this frame out a lot. Speaking of which, his carpet ability should probably be changed to something else, it looks unfinished and is not effective past level 20

6 minutes ago, Aleksundar said:

i for one actually really like Oberon, he is sort of a jack of all trades and I think he has potential. However, his powers are non-scalable, and that really hurts his usability. Either a buff or a point system like Nidus could help this frame out a lot. Speaking of which, his carpet ability should probably be changed to something else, it looks unfinished and is not effective past level 20

What would these buffs look like to you?

12 hours ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing69 said:

Well, since he's focused on nature and holiness and stuff, I might have an idea.

Reveal hidden contents

Passive - The Light

Oberon is a holy Warframe, and draws power from the Light. 

When in the Light's presence, Oberon fills a pool (like Nidus') where 1 level is gained every 10 seconds in the Light.

When 10 levels are reached, Oberon can use the Light to resurrect himself without using one of his revives. (Once per mission)

When 25 levels are reached, Oberon can summon 10 ethereal Kavats and Kubrows to deal Slash damage to surrounding enemies for 75 seconds. They do more damage to enemies previously affected by Oberon's abilities.

When 50 levels are reached, Oberon can draw the Helios and Sol, his exalted Shield and Sword, respectively. 

All these abilities scale with enemies, and can be triggered by holding the 4th ability button.

Devoted to righteousness, Oberon is the only Warframe who can utilize the Light.

Nice idea but there are in fan Concept section a lot of light based frame whom readily waiting their time to be implemented.

His passive not bad but not really fit to him because that ability is more like a beastmaster frame ability.

He need tweaks and a different passive for druid theme.

25 minutes ago, Phyrak said:

What would these buffs look like to you?

Well, just an increase in overall damage, especially with his 1 and 4. They both work well, but at higher levels the gimmick of knockdown becomes less helpful when the enemy can just get back up and destroy the honestly squishy frame. His 1 would actually benefit from an aoe effect, like the coming Limbo rework. I would just like to be able to take Oberon to some 100+ level missions, because I really like his abilities and I think he can have a definite role in horde missions

13 hours ago, Phyrak said:

Hey there,

With limbo on the chopping block, there are others in line for a rework - one of those being Oberon.

How have you found playing Oberon?

Personally, I appreciate a generalist but he lacks the extra oomph that other generalists have - nidus can heal, cc and damage for instance

Theme wise - there needs to be a narrowing.

A green knight like that found in dnd seems the fit in my opinion but this must in turn give some reflection in abilities, perhaps opening up and changing them somewhat to reflect that of a knight of nature.

Which abilities if any would you change and why?

I would see renewal and hallowed ground fused into one ability, toggling as a circular aura surrounding Oberon and leaving open an ability slot for something new.

What are your thoughts on his passive and what could be changed to make it better for scaling or general purpose?

Stat wise, which should be buffed or tweaked to give him a boost in survival or just a qol?

Thank you for reading,

-Phyrak

My opinion is Oberon is a Good all arounder frame but tweaks and some qol needs him because he is a bit outdated.

stat wise - 200-250 armor , 120 shield, 150 base energy could help him.

The First ability is not bad but could the rad proc 100% with each hits. Damagewise It is not bad.

The second ability could be altered into an aura like boost which is similar mobile like the chroma wards. That needs to give flat armor boost at Max level 100 and keep the other debuffs.

The third ability can be as someone here suggested that stop after all healed.

The Ultimate is nice but could be better the blind like 5-10 sec that is fair when need attack and defend or just avoid the battle. The damage could scale with the levels.

As passive I can Imagine the halloweed ground change what I wrote It or add a different ability and make a beastmaster frame who can use It.

5 minutes ago, Aleksundar said:

Well, just an increase in overall damage, especially with his 1 and 4. They both work well, but at higher levels the gimmick of knockdown becomes less helpful when the enemy can just get back up and destroy the honestly squishy frame. His 1 would actually benefit from an aoe effect, like the coming Limbo rework. I would just like to be able to take Oberon to some 100+ level missions, because I really like his abilities and I think he can have a definite role in horde missions

Smite - knock down all foes in aoe, each producing extra projectiles?

You would have at least a dozen projectiles flying around

Interesting mix

2 minutes ago, Phyrak said:

Smite - knock down all foes in aoe, each producing extra projectiles?

You would have at least a dozen projectiles flying around

Interesting mix

That sounds awesome, maybe replace the carpet with that ability and find something else for his 1 slot? Summon an animal for 60 seconds?

24 minutes ago, Aleksundar said:

That sounds awesome, maybe replace the carpet with that ability and find something else for his 1 slot? Summon an animal for 60 seconds?

Another thought perhaps

Combine his 2 and 3 into one ability

Freeing up an additional slot for a new ability

Just now, Phyrak said:

Another thought perhaps

Combine his 2 and 3 into one ability

Freeing up an additional slot for a new ability

True true, but the whole exponential spread is stuck in my head now. It could even stay at its current dmg level and still be fun

14 minutes ago, Aleksundar said:

True true, but the whole exponential spread is stuck in my head now. It could even stay at its current dmg level and still be fun

To make it viable - a little damage buff would be nice

Side that with periodically sending out healing to those in range and block healing to those out of range

A kubrow as a summon would be a nice mix

20 minutes ago, Aleksundar said:

The summon idea would mesh well with his passive; make it a bit more useful to people who think it doesn't fit

Very much so

Shift him more towards druid and make a frame specifically as a paladin frame

I have this same discussion running on reddit and one idea is to have him gain a shape shift ability - would that mesh well too?

Perhaps a entire work as mentioned above may be the only way to go