Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Banshee: The real ghost

Seir

Question

I have been playing Banshee for a very long time and many people always focuses solely on building her for her Sound Quake, which is very understandable because that CC is very great, but I want to show you a solo'er Banshee build. While this is meant for Solo runs, it can be used for LoR. Because Banshee's role in The Law of Retribution is to add weak points to Hek and make the fight a bit easier. But lets get started. 

This is the build: (One forma)

M3odMUy.jpg

I run 200% Power strength to use Resonance. Adding weak points on enemies on a 70+ minute solo survival run is a very essential key to succeeding with Banshee as a solo runner, and well, it works very well for LoR as previously mentioned. 

Natural Talent, I use it for one and only one reason. Escape. Banshee, even in her Prime version, is still very squishy, and being able to cast a 1.5 second stun almost instantly is very good for escaping and re-positioning.

(Note This will not save you if you get hooked, by lets say, a Ancient or Scorpion. However if you do manage to survive it, you can quickly cast and bullet jump out of there to safety.)

Alternately you can switch Power Drift for Rush.

In39Mdm.jpg

That adds a bit of mobility and elusiveness. But if you have a good mechanical understanding on the movement system in this game, Rush will be more of a waste to you.

Why do I use Steel Charge and not something else? I will explain why. While yes, the build is supposed to work around Sonar, having Riffle Amp, Pistol Amp or any damage increasing Aura mod for Projectiles, would sound better, but this is mere preference in my part, and I will explain why I prefer this. 

Reason one: Naramon's Shadow Step

8HLDSLb.jpg

Having Banshee, turn invisible after critical hits is also a very important part for her survival. Making her not only silent, but invisible, hence a true Ghost (who is ash or loki anyways) 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you use a Crit Based weapon like: 

SStPgwn.jpg

(side note: This is not my primary weapon for Melees. It is the Nikana Prime or Galatine Prime) 

Your chances of becoming invisible are increased drastically, though realistically all you need to pull this off, is 10% crit chance and Maiming Strike. 

Naramon also has:

kw3v5Ly.jpg

(sine note: I learned about Naramon not long ago so that is why I don't have that maxed out) 

Naramon is a great Focus school for solo runs or solo players in general because of the ability to be stealthy. This compliments Banshee in great ways because if she gets caught, she will die very fast, especially in high level missions or runs. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Savage Silence: Savage Silence opens up enemies to finishers and increases finisher damage by 300% but why do I use it if I only use Silence as an escape? That's a simple answer. 

xUm4EMZ.jpg

Arcane Trickery. With this you have 2 ways of turning invisible. Making Savage Silence great for stealth runs or Spy runs if you're fast enough. This just adds another layer of invisibility and an arcane revive. So if you mess up, you get an extra revive on hand. 

(Side note: You will see that I also have Arcane Guardian, while it doesn't do much for Banshee, because of how low armor she has, it's just a nice bit of damage reduction. Any bit helps + another arcane revive) 

That would be all for my Banshee Build. Hope you enjoyed it. If you have any suggestions let me know. 

Edited by NSAlovesMe

9 minutes ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

Never used a vulklok in my life but ok.

Remember you tho, beein salty as can be, constantly hating on anything that could be consideret making the game "boring", most likely because you've been bored by the game yourself for a long time, unable to admit this simple fact and thus blaming it on, to you, completely irrelevant circumstances. What is it to you how other people play theyr stuff as long as they're not trolling you? Na, seriously, tell me.

Try taking a break every once in a while. You might be able to actually enjoy the game then.

10 minutes ago, NSAlovesMe said:

If you don't care about x and y, then get your irrelevant attitude out of the thread and go bother somebody else.I know what you're trying to say, and I already explained to you why it was there, and you're still complaining about Naramon being there. Don't you have something better to do? This is why BouseFeenux stopped making builds on his Youtube channel. There's always somebody that comes in and talks trash. 

Just going to say for the last time to both of you. I don't give a rat's behind why you want to use it.

I'm just saying that it hurts your build. A Limbo using Naramon could do just as well as your Banshee, so could a Chroma or a Wukong or pretty much any other frame. It means there's nothing special about your build. It becomes less a frame build, and more a Naramon build.

As I said, it's a good build. It works without Naramon, there's no need to include Naramon.

11 minutes ago, NSAlovesMe said:

edit Isn't gas being nerfed? 

The DoT benefiting from the stealth multiplier is a bug apparently.

2 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

Just going to say for the last time to both of you. I don't give a rat's behind why you want to use it.

I'm just saying that it hurts your build. A Limbo using Naramon could do just as well as your Banshee, so could a Chroma or a Wukong or pretty much any other frame. It means there's nothing special about your build. It becomes less a frame build, and more a Naramon build.

As I said, it's a good build. It works without Naramon, there's no need to include Naramon.

The DoT benefiting from the stealth multiplier is a bug apparently.

A bug? Well, RIP gassy players. 

11 hours ago, NSAlovesMe said:

Alright, I will go and build it again and see what I can get out of it. As for Melee's I always stick to the Atterax for whip-like weapons. I love that one. 

edit Isn't gas being nerfed? 

Heard people wanting it to be nerfed, for rather strage reasons tho. Gist of this is that gas appearently "gets the stealth multiplier twice", basicly once on attack and second on the procc... one could interpret it as doing x16 times damage as you have a attack and a second attach both doing x8 times the damage but thing is that the first damage, the actuall dealt damage that gets the multiplier and falls off on armor is in fact the base for the procc, it having this rather unique scaling, what definitly works as intendet. 

Couldn't confirm specifics about it tho...maybe the procc gets x16 all by itself? Doesn't matter if it's gonna be >fixed<. The basic mechanic is plenty strong.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

On 06/03/2017 at 8:40 AM, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

Frickin love stealth banshees btw. Running that setup since focus made its way into the game :)

Try using it with a gas/electro status lacera with maiming strike, ends crowds instantly

Twin Basolk works well too.