Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Questions on things I really can't understand

0relllius

Question

I have seen lately some streamers whom having some sort of symbol in their warframes/weapons which I think indicate they "maxed" their weapon or warframe level.

Now the problem is, I see them doing like 20k dmg while I do maybe 1k, and I don't have a clue how to improve my dmg, how to do more stars instead of staying in a rotation of mercury, earth, venus and such because I can't go over NPCs that are level 15+. there is a guide especially to character and weapon improvement? 

9 answers to this question

Just now, Starfreak911 said:

It's probably the number of forma that they've put into the weapon and therefore they are able to place more mods on.

I assumed that was the formas, but probably I'd like to know how to really increase my dmg so I can handle higher NPCs for better resources and loot.

Just now, Tetravaal said:

I assumed that was the formas, but probably I'd like to know how to really increase my dmg so I can handle higher NPCs for better resources and loot.

1. Get weapons that are good on their own.

2. Get nice and maxed damage mods. They are even more important than the weapons itself.

3. Forma the weapons to fit those mods.

4. Use abilities that add to your damage, like Rhino's Roar or Mirage's Total Eclipse.

17 minutes ago, Suncake said:

1. Get weapons that are good on their own.

2. Get nice and maxed damage mods. They are even more important than the weapons itself.

3. Forma the weapons to fit those mods.

4. Use abilities that add to your damage, like Rhino's Roar or Mirage's Total Eclipse.

Weapon depends on my playstyle right? it's not effecting the warframe?

9 minutes ago, Tetravaal said:

Weapon depends on my playstyle right? it's not effecting the warframe?

I usually take weapons that fit my current task the most. Ignis for low-level missions, Vaykor Hek when I need good punch, Zarr or Secura Penta for crowds of fat enemies.

Some weapons fit certain frames better. AoE weapons get way more effective with Mirage because of her doppelgangers and melee weapons become super-fast with Valkyr's Warcry.

Edited by Suncake

I usually go for weapons and frames that synergise (is that how you spell it?). For example, if I decide I want to use a sniper rifle I will bring along nova - this gives me a dmg buff, longer time to kill enemies, slower enemies makes them easier to shoot etc. If I want to play as saryn i'll bring the torid or the pox. Mesa and dual toxycyst etc. If you want to hit this higher damage of 20k, you're better off using one-shot weapons, like the tigris or bow, or anything that has a high crit chance. Tonkor and simulor are also good weapons. However what really matters is that you have fun with the game, the youtubers are just suggesting loadouts and if you deal lots of damage but get really bored (for me thats saryn and mirage + spamulor), then whats the point? Find a weapon/frame you really enjoy playing with and go from there :)

58 minutes ago, Suncake said:

I usually take weapons that fit my current task the most. Ignis for low-level missions, Vaykor Hek when I need good punch, Zarr or Secura Penta for crowds of fat enemies.

Some weapons fit certain frames better. AoE weapons get way more effective with Mirage because of her doppelgangers and melee weapons become super-fast with Valkyr's Warcry.

39 minutes ago, (PS4)auwsomestgamer said:

I usually go for weapons and frames that synergise (is that how you spell it?). For example, if I decide I want to use a sniper rifle I will bring along nova - this gives me a dmg buff, longer time to kill enemies, slower enemies makes them easier to shoot etc. If I want to play as saryn i'll bring the torid or the pox. Mesa and dual toxycyst etc. If you want to hit this higher damage of 20k, you're better off using one-shot weapons, like the tigris or bow, or anything that has a high crit chance. Tonkor and simulor are also good weapons. However what really matters is that you have fun with the game, the youtubers are just suggesting loadouts and if you deal lots of damage but get really bored (for me thats saryn and mirage + spamulor), then whats the point? Find a weapon/frame you really enjoy playing with and go from there :)

Understood, thanks fellas. it can be locked

Modding is far and above the most important step in making a weapon deal any real damage, and especially large amounts of damage. If you're already having issues at enemies that are only level 15 and over, you need to take a serious look at what mods you have, and which ones you have installed. Generally speaking, you want to work towards a few "basic" mods that are going to go on most any weapon you have. For assault rifles, the two most important will be Serration (which is a general damage increase) and Split Chamber (which is a multishot mod, and multishot is important because each round will deal the same amount of damage, effectively increasing your overall damage by a large amount). Find equivalent mods for each ranged weapon and put them on to drastically increase your effectiveness. These aren't likely mods you're going to have right away, but you will want to keep an eye out for them and use them as you get them.

With your limited mod pool at the beginning of the game (where you are now seemingly) any mod that increases your damage is going to be a good thing, especially until you get basic mods. However, you're always going to want to prioritize ranking up undamaged versions of mods over their damaged counterparts. Damaged mods are just a crutch to get you by until you have the normal version, and they're going to give you far less bonuses. Also remember that any mod that adds an elemental damage, like Cryo Rounds or Pistol Pestilence, are going to be adding damage as well, and it's important to know how these mods work. There's a somewhat common misconception that these mods will only add damage when your weapon procs an elemental effect, like bleeding or setting an enemy on fire, but this is not the case. Elemental mods will add their damage numbers to every shot/attack you do and will increase your overall damage even when they aren't inflicting any status effects.

Furthermore, remember to look at the stats of the weapon you're modding. For example, if you're using a weapon with only %5 critical chance, unless you have extra space that isn't being taken up by a general damage mod, like Serration or Split Chamber, adding in mods that increase your critical chance and damage won't be doing a whole lot. You're better off building towards the strength of that weapon, perhaps by building into status chance with more elemental mods (which is that weapon's percentage chance to inflict a status like bleeding or toxin on an enemy), or adding in mods that increase the base damage of a type that weapon is already doing.

Lastly, always remember what your damage types do. For example, elemental effects combine to provide new damage types, like cold and heat making blast damage which is good for Crowd Control. The wiki (warframe.wikia.com) is an incredible resource for all kinds of information, and can help you brush up on some of these things.