Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Event Issues with Scoring

Auphorion

Today I just did a 1240 point run, with four people, and we left when two players ran out of lives, after which we found out that, despite being alive and assisting the entire game, the players did NOT get any event points because they were dead for a minute. 

This is atrocious and horrible design. Any player going AFK would still get the points if they revive 2 seconds before the game ends, but because players put in effort and exhausted all their lives, they're punished for it? I can't even describe how much disappointment I'm feeling right now, and I wasn't even affected by the issue. I don't know how to put in words how utter horrible of a move this punishment is.

Why is important and vital information like this not told to us in the event details?

I keep hearing about this happening and yeh I gotta say, considering its such a long tedious mission if you want decent points, getting none just because you happen to faceplant into a toxics chest a few times is pretty horrible. I could understand if people used their lives up and just sat there idle for 20 minutes til everyone else left but a minute or two while people run to extract is pretty rude.

I made a similar thread just last night upon discovering (the very hard way) as you did that if you die for more than a minute without revives in the final moments of the mission after having spent hours participating, you're locked out of the points. It's asinine. Reason says, you get locked out of mission rewards: credits, resources, mods. The people you saved and the points you gathered are still there, but we're dealing with DE here so.

I'm sorry people had to go through that. I guess there's a lesson to learn here: Git gud or you don't deserve anything. (I'm being sarcastic in case anyone can't understand sarcasm through text and gets triggered)