Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shield Transference nerf ?

(PSN)ARIES-WY

Question

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)Graysmog said:

Very true, yet to be honest, the only time Shields (and especially Overshields) are useful is when flat-out Damage Reduction is applied to your Warframe, as they then act like extra Health (kind of). Yet still, even with that, due to Health having percentage damage reduction thanks to Armor, it's still a far better thing to fall back on.

I guess I understand why they gave the Augment to Mag, but honestly, it doesn't do anything for her right now when she has no way to buff up her Shields with DR, unlike say Trinity or Mesa. Especially since it works off Shields way more than Armor, horribly limiting its overall usefulness, unlike most Augments.

So your opinion ? U won't use this augment right ? Because it's not useful as often 

6 minutes ago, (PS4)ARIES-WY said:

P flow , p cond , streamline so on haven't really build her yet . Should I focus on her power and duration ?

That depends on your playstyle.  

My build is centered around heavy hits in small areas, so I have high strength but very low duration.  I think my Magnetize only lasts 5.6 seconds atm.  I built my Mag this way because I have a very mobile playstyle, and recasting Polarize cancels the first, if done before it finishes. 

If that's your playstyle, I'll copy over my build later (it's actually late for me and I should have been asleep an hr ago) but if you like long duration builds, fast casting and efficiency, it'll take me a bit to find my old build that was centered around speed casting and duration on Magnetize. 

4 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Graysmog said:

Very true, yet to be honest, the only time Shields (and especially Overshields) are useful is when flat-out Damage Reduction is applied to your Warframe, as they then act like extra Health (kind of). Yet still, even with that, due to Health having percentage damage reduction thanks to Armor, it's still a far better thing to fall back on.

I guess I understand why they gave the Augment to Mag, but honestly, it doesn't do anything for her right now when she has no way to buff up her Shields with DR, unlike say Trinity or Mesa. Especially since it works off Shields way more than Armor, horribly limiting its overall usefulness, unlike most Augments.

IDK, having 2.3k shields has kept me alive in high level content when I should have been the first to die.  /shrug

While I've been a staunch defender of Mag, I will be the first to say that her kit isn't yet where it should be.  IMO, more of her abilities should synergize, she should have a high power pool since she's a caster and a bit more armor wouldn't hurt.   Also, something needs to be done with Crush.  Either an entirely new ability or apply Fracturing Crush to it as the stand alone power.  

I doubt she'll ever be in the meta, unless the game or the 'frame changes drastically. 

OP, if you're looking for a straight answer on whether or not you should use the augment, IMO, you're out of luck.  It's entirely up to you if you want it, if you feel it's worth using or not using.  

At this point, I'd suggest going without it until you've had a chance to get a feel for Mag, then experiment and see if the augment does what you want it to, with how and where you play. 

Just now, MagPrime said:

OP, if you're looking for a straight answer on whether or not you should use the augment, IMO, you're out of luck.  It's entirely up to you if you want it, if you feel it's worth using or not using.  

At this point, I'd suggest going without it until you've had a chance to get a feel for Mag, then experiment and see if the augment does what you want it to, with how and where you play. 

OK ty , just saw your name  ,u must be a mag master thz for the intro ty

27 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Doesn't do anything regarding overshields.  If there are no shielded enemies, you'll get the flat 50 each cast of Polarize. 

Just split second idea based on: 50 plain at max rank additionally modified by Power Strength from Wiki. Personally I don't used it but definitely forgot to test it.

Back from testing with this result:

With non shielded enemies it's 50% from total Strength added, f.e. with max Blind rage it's 199% cut in half 98,5 counted as +99

U can continue with Polarize, Overshields stack until u reach cap which is equal to max Overshields u will get with same build with shielded enemies.

Citation needed.

Edited by (PS4)Onder6099