Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to progress in power

Sibcoe

Question

Hey all - Still fairly new here and beginning to wonder about the power curve of the game.  Anything with an "endgame" usually requires that the player grow in power and reach a point where they can handle the bigger and tougher challenge of an endgame mode.  In WF how does that happen?  I am MR4 right now and have maxed two warframes and the weapons I was using with both.  I have just reached Mars and finding some of the content starting to challenge me for the first time, even when using a maxed warframe and maxed weapons and the best use I can of the simple mods I have.  

First, I am wondering how I can progress in power overall.  Second, and related, I understand that to level MR you need to use new weapons and warframes, so how can I then be powerful enough for increasingly challenging content and progression if I constantly need to change into Rank 0 warframes and weapons.  

Appreciate any help in understanding how progression works.  

Thank you.

8 answers to this question

The first major power increase for you will be orokin reactors (for Warframes) and orokin catalysts (for weapons).

These double the mod capacity of your frame and your weapon. So a max ranked frame/weapon will have a capacity of 60 instead of 30.

With that new capacity you can start putting more (and higher ranked) mods into your frames and weapons which really increases the power of them (i.e. you can start putting elements into weapons that increase their damage).

As well as that you can forma your weapon and warframe slots that allow you to eek out even more capacity for your mods.

Power is mods. It's all mods. Rank up your mods. Learn the mods. Get the good mods.

You end up with powerful stuff that you use for the harder content and then switch to the easier content to rank up new stuff which if you like you spend the resources and time on making it more powerful.

Edited by (PS4)drpunk-yo

Well to answer your second you will need to adapt, each mission, each enemy each location calls for something different.. ooooor you can do what a good majority do and grab a shotgun or other over overpowered weapons, baby it and treat it right and treat everything else and mastery fodder. This can also be done with frames. It's not hard to really gain power it's just really time consuming.

Hope that helps a little.

Gather new mods. Intensify, Continuity, Constitution, Streamline, and Flow are a must have, if you do not have them. Progression works exactly how you worded it, craft new weapons in the foundry, and to unlock new planets, complete the nodes until you reach the arrow leading to another planet. Complete the mission where you kill a spectre and launch the solar rail to the next planet. Rinse and repeat with the whole solar system. Complete quests, especially the Second Dream (its a fun one).

If you feel up to it, join a clan. They should give you as much help as possible, and shouldn't mind giving spare mods (like I mentioned in above) because I'm sure they have spares. I give away stuff all the time to new help people, it's just the right thing to do.

You don't need to be into higher level content with lower rank Warframes. When you change into unranked frames and weapons, you have to take the time and level them up, and mod them to their potential. Don't try taking new frames into higher level content. Stay in the lows until you reach max rank.

Best I can say is play the game, because it takes time. It is a heavily grindy game, but it pays off in the long run. 

Best of luck to you, Tenno.

Power in Warframe comes from mods.  Your weapons and frames may be max rank but if you haven't put enough points into the important mods you will struggle.  For weapons, start by putting as many ranks as possible into the basic damage mods (Point Blank, Serration, Hornet Strike, Pressure Point), then start ranking up multishot mods for guns and Fury for melee. For warframes, put some endo into the basic survival stats (Vitality, Redirection,  Steel Fiber), then work on the stat boosts (Intensify, Streamline, Continuity, Stretch).

It would also help us to know what frames and weapons you are using right now.

You'll want to play with your frames a lot and see which ones fit your play style.

You'll also want to use the right mods on the right frame/weapon so you can use them to the best effect

You'll want orokin reactors for frames and orokin catalysts for weapons so you can have more mod space for more customization.

Forma will help you big time if you can't fit the mods on your stuff

One of the most important things is to make friends and join clans that can help you out.

Then, you will have more power...

giphy.gif

Progressing in power in Warframe is literally upgrading the good mods for your frames.

-Level up frames\weapons you want to use.

-Give them Formas so they can equip all the mods you want to use on them.

-Leveling up the mods so they are at a sufficient/high/max rank for your uses.

That is it. Put mods on the weapons and the frames and you're geared out for endgame.

===========

Now for your question about what to do because of constantly changing weapons and frames.

Your damage from weapons is not tied to your frame. Your damage from weapons is also not tied to your other weapons.

If you have a group, you just equip whatever and have them carry you through missions for exp. You will, of course, do the same for them and others.

If you are attempting it solo or in PUGs where you are not sure if others can carry you then you do it a bit slower. You level up until you have one really good weapon that you can depend on to solo content or to at least help out very well in a group. Use that weapon, then your other two weapons are rank 0 weapons that you are using just to get the Mastery Rank experience from them. Say a good Soma Prime with good mods on it. Use the Soma Prime to level up as many secondary and melee weapons as you can until you find a good secondary or a good melee weapon that can allow you to complete content. Forma and get that one all modded out. Say a Telos Boltace. Now you swap to your Telos Boltace and use this melee weapon to level up all the primary and secondary weapons you have. At most you only need a good weapon for two types, but all three types are nice in case.

That's how you level stuff up by yourself. If you have a group and know them and they are willing to and can carry you through exp farming missions, just equip all slots as things you need to level, don't afk, help out where you can, they carry you, reap the exp and level up. :)

Edited by uAir