Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warbros Prime's True Event Score Denied by DE

facepalm1337

Just now, DrLickWeiner said:

Don't count on exceptions. It clearly state that it ends at a certain time so should it be. 

But it wasn't. Multiple times. Every time beforehand, in fact. If you were in the mission. Launched form the event And you got points. You scored. Not " That mission never existed. you were overtime by 10 minutes? too bad. "

Just now, aligatorno said:

Let me give the very simple difference between the Event and Fissures/Alerts.

1. You have a certain amount of time to START the mission. [Alerts/Fissures]

2. You have a certain amount of time to FINISH the mission. [Event]

Source?

Or you pulling rules out of a top hat?

Just now, Trvldl said:

Hello, can you tell why you had the need to respond with useless insult and zero contribution? Are our complaints not valid?

No they're not valid. At all. You're complaining about a time limit that DE specifically stated was there. You're making a big deal over nothing, like you always do. Typical Warbros bull. Happens every competitive event.

1 hour ago, Skaleek said:

No one had carryover, no other clans, no singles. Some people missed out on the cosmetics even because they didnt finish on time.

oh crap i forgot to get the last like 100pts i needed for the rest of the cometics...whoops

1 minute ago, aligatorno said:

Let me give the very simple difference between the Event and Fissures/Alerts.

1. You have a certain amount of time to START the mission. [Alerts/Fissures]

2. You have a certain amount of time to FINISH the mission. [Event]

Where exactly does it say that in events, you have a certain amount of time to finish the mission? No where. At all. It has a time to when the mission will no longer be available to accept, and start a new run. But runs already in progress are still counting towards the score. 

3 minutes ago, Graphene314 said:

It hasn't in the past. That's what we've been saying for four pages.

So you gambled and lost now you cry that you lost? So now you want special treatment to play past the time everyone else can play to get your score added in after the fact? Think about how those guys you displace would feel when some one who got to play past the time limit kicked them out of there slot when they couldn't do anything about it.

Edited by Andaius

1 minute ago, Cidolfus said:

No they're not valid. At all. You're complaining about a time limit that DE specifically stated was there. You're making a big deal over nothing, like you always do. Typical Warbros bull. Happens every competitive event.

DE never specified when scores will be tallied. It was ambiguous. Previous events always tallied later.

1 minute ago, Cidolfus said:

Sorry for being competitive in an event that fosters cooperation and competition?

2 minutes ago, Cidolfus said:

There was no time limit specifically stated. Nowhere has it ever stated that all the score recording ends at 2PM EST. And never has this ever been the case. This is why we are here.

Just now, Cidolfus said:

Change of rules is always a big deal in any competition. Our time being wasted is even bigger deal. We complain about these two things every time.

23 minutes ago, Graphene314 said:

It hasn't in the past. That's what we've been saying for four pages.

So what about it? Do you expect someone to sit in the office of DE to wait for you to finish your run so they can total up the score?

Does the election booth open 12 hours extra on the last day of voting just because you decided you wanted to vote on the last second? 

My points stays the same, they have given you plenty of time for the event. Nobody is cutting you short. it's your decision to do it after the event finish time. own it.

1 minute ago, Andaius said:

So you gambled and lost now you cry that you lost? So now you want special treatment to play past the time everyone else can play to get your score added in after the fact? Think about how those guys you displace would feel when some one who got to play past the time limit kicked them out of there slot when they couldn't do anything about it.

We'd feel sorry for them as well.

I personally had a 4k score run disconnect, and my clanmates lost scores too. We aren't complaining about those missing scores.

As for special treatment, we ask that any clan be treated this way.

2 minutes ago, hurlawhirl said:

DE never specified when scores will be tallied. It was ambiguous. Previous events always tallied later.

Sorry for being competitive in an event that fosters cooperation and competition?

No one said you can't be competitive, but guess what? Competitions have rules. This one stated clearly what the end of the event was. You cannot refute it no matter how much your eyes well up with tears.

You got second place. Enjoy your silver medal. Next time, be more punctual like the people who beat you.

Edited by Cidolfus

So what about it? Do you expect someone to sit in the office of DE to wait for you to finish your run so they can total up the score?

Does the election booth open 12 hours extra on the last day of voting just because you decided you wanted to vote on the last second? 

My points stays the same, they have given you plenty of time for the event. Nobody is cutting you short. it's your decision to do it after the event finish time. own it.

The election booths are often running after they close because people that got there early still have yet to vote. In your example, this would be a case where the closing time would cut off everyone still in like, just like what happened to us.

Just now, Andaius said:

So you gambled and lost now you cry that you lost? So now you want special treatment to play past the time everyone else can play to get your score added in after the fact? Think about how those guys you displace would feel when some one you got to play past the time limit kicked them out of there slot when they couldn't do anything about it.

They could have easily done the same thing. If we got more points, and then they got even MORE points? That'd be fair. Because they put the time, and effort in. It's more to the fact that our points were removed, and deleted, despite being recorded. If Dicht had put in more effort to any of their lower scorers, and come back with a last minute pull in front, then that would have been our bad, and we would have accepted that wholeheartedly. They already have the honor of being 4,000 points ahead of the next highest scorers. Which is a feat in, and of itself.

1 minute ago, hurlawhirl said:

It's competitive, so then why would your scores count? Put your case into to any other competition. Should players who fail to turn in there scores until after the event is over get to be scored at all? If so how is that fair to anyone one you displace when you are given special treatment, and displace them from there spot when the event is over with?

Just now, Cidolfus said:

This one stated clearly what the end of the event was

Every time it just means when you will become unable to start an event run. Every endless mission type event had overtime and announcement for overtime being really over. You are ignoring that no matter how many times we say.

4 minutes ago, iTrust said:

Source?

Or you pulling rules out of a top hat?

What do you mean? The game is the best source. Each Alert has a set ammount of time in which you can start the mission. It does not punish you for staying longer than its counter.  Consindering this whole debacle, is clear that the event was meant to be part of #2, meaning that it will finish at the deadline and nothing past it will count.

4 minutes ago, Karixolu said:

Where exactly does it say that in events, you have a certain amount of time to finish the mission? No where. At all. It has a time to when the mission will no longer be available to accept, and start a new run. But runs already in progress are still counting towards the score. 

This Operation is on now until March 9 at 2 p.m ET! Do they specifically say that points won't count after the deadline? They do not, I give you this. However. It can also be implied that  you have until that hour to complete gathering your points.  I understand that before points counted after the passed the deadline and DE should have be more clear about the way points are counted, but you should not expect it to happen everything.

1 minute ago, Andaius said:

It's competitive, so then why would your scores count? Put your case into to any other competition. Should players who fail to turn in there scores until after the event is over get to be scored at all? If so how is that fair to anyone one you displace when you are given special treatment, and displace them from there spot when the event is over with?

Event is over, but scoring is not. Previous events let you turn in your scores later, and this even said nothing to the contrary.

You keep claiming we ask for special treatment, but pointing out a specific case of ambiguity does not mean we ask for special treatment. We ask for fair rules.

We are going in circles, this is a useless argument.

Just now, aligatorno said:

What do you mean? The game is the best source. Each Alert has a set ammount of time in which you can start the mission. It does not punish you for staying longer than its counter.  Consindering this whole debacle, is clear that the event was meant to be part of #2, meaning that it will finish at the deadline and nothing past it will count.

This Operation is on now until March 9 at 2 p.m ET! Do they specifically say that points won't count after the deadline? They do not, I give you this. However. It can also be implied that  you have until that hour to complete gathering your points.  I understand that before points counted after the passed the deadline and DE should have be more clear about the way points are counted, but you should not expect it to happen everything.

That, again, is still the whole point that we're trying to make. You cant say the answer is 1, every time, then suddenly, one day, its 2, " because I said so. No warning, it just is. "

I think this is turning into a circle jerk of warbros. I'm out. Wish people understood when someone say it finishes at x it meant it finish at x. not at their own convenience.

Agreed; I'll do the same. They're just going to whine and cry and say DE's out to get them again even though EVERY CLAN had to adhere to the same rules. Nothing to see here.

7 minutes ago, Karixolu said:

They could have easily done the same thing. If we got more points, and then they got even MORE points? That'd be fair. Because they put the time, and effort in. It's more to the fact that our points were removed, and deleted, despite being recorded. If Dicht had put in more effort to any of their lower scorers, and come back with a last minute pull in front, then that would have been our bad, and we would have accepted that wholeheartedly. They already have the honor of being 4,000 points ahead of the next highest scorers. Which is a feat in, and of itself.

They can't because the event is OVER WITH! They look on the leader boards they are winning there is 1 minute left until it's over. Now all of a sudden you with your "we're super special they have to make exceptions for us!" start at 30 seconds left and do a 18 hour run past the time the event is even available to select. How are they supposed to get points?

Edited by Andaius

3 minutes ago, aligatorno said:

Events and alerts have always worked the same way. This is the first time it hasn't..... Not sure if you're deliberately ignoring that fact or what.