Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cloning Argons?

Agent-Omega

Well, here is a weird one for the books.

After getting the Ignis Wraith blueprint, see that it needs argons. So naturally, me and a friend go to farm them in the void. Only walk out with 1 because RNG and the fact that I had to head out, but I come back an hour later, there are 3 in my inventory. Start trying to figure out why this is and eventually rationalize that I'm being paranoid, and just use them to build the Ignis Wraith. Seems normal enough, right? Well, me and the aforementioned friend go and do a fissure on an Axi exterm on the corpus outpost tileset. I get back to my orbiter and...the 3 argons are back. And there is zero explanation for where they came from. Definitely didn't drop during the mission.

Wanting to see how deep this rabbit hole goes before I make a bug report, I go into a random capture and finish the mission. Nothing happens. Then, however, I set some Hydroid neuroptics I have laying around to build and go do the mission. After I get back and check my components list? The argons are back again.

So far, I have zero idea what could be the trigger, but whatever the case, every time I use argons, if I go do a mission, I end up with 3 again. I've since cancelled the builds, but I am curious to see if the argons properly expire. However, I honestly have no idea how or why this is happening. 

Apologies in advance if this is already posted somewhere and I missed it, don't spend a lot of time on the forums, so I just quickly skimmed general bugs to see if there was anything similiar, then went to test it further before I made the final post.

Edited by Agent-Omega

I too had this problem. I noticed I had more Argons than I should have had after I built a weapon. Like you, I discounted it and built something else. Next day I come back and the thing is built and I have the same amount I had the previous day. I figured it may have been fixed in the update that came out today so I figured I would test it. I went out to farm out Argon, built another weapon, went to do a mission and the Argon came right back. I hope it gets fixed soon.

Merging all related threads here.
Thanks for the report Tenno, we're looking into this.

UPDATE:
This issue was related to the new Foundry Cancelling system and has been live patched. Thanks again, guys. :community:

Edited by [DE]Taylor
merged threads and added update

hey guys cosidering the drop rate on argons and de's history of fixing quality of life bugs then leaving the reasons people use the exploits unfixed, maybe leave some of these unreported it makes the game easier to play when we know for a fact, de will fix the bug but leave the reason people USE the bug unfixed. happens with jv all the time sometimes its better to leave them spinning...