Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Soma Prime Build

Repiru

Question

I'm doing a Corrosive-Crit build for Soma Prime. I have only 1 last mod slot and I have 3 options. First, here's my build

Heavy Caliber

Split Chamber

Vital Sense

Serration

Point Strike

Stormbringer

Infected Clip

For the last slot, i'm either considering Bladed Rounds, Argon Scope(less thinking on this, I don't have much plat) or Vile Acceleration. Thoughts?

17 answers to this question

Drop heavy caliber,the extra damage doesnt mean a lot in this weapon cause the base damage is pretty low.The crit multiplier is where soma shines so you basically HAVE to crit in order to deal the real damage that soma offers, so replace Heavy Caliber with argon scope or bladed rounds and last slot, one of the these remaining 2 again to get all the crits bonuses.(Argon scope is pretty good on soma cause its easy to keep getting headshots and making your crit chance above 100% so each shot is surely a crit!)

2 minutes ago, Zeruge said:

Drop heavy caliber,the extra damage doesnt mean a lot in this weapon cause the base damage is pretty low.The crit multiplier is where soma shines so you basically HAVE to crit in order to deal the real damage that soma offers, so replace Heavy Caliber with argon scope or bladed rounds and last slot, one of the these remaining 2 again to get all the crits bonuses.(Argon scope is pretty good on soma cause its easy to keep getting headshots and making your crit chance above 100% so each shot is surely a crit!)

Can I put bladed rounds to replace the heavy caliber AND put argon scope on the last slot?

Yes thats what i said ^^ 

It pushes its damage really high with the consistent crits.

Shred is just a preference but i dont find the need for extra fire rate or punchthrough cause it can already melt crowds of enemies fast.

.. as fellow tennos already said go for Argon Scope Bladed Rounds damage Combo without Heavy Caliber on corrosive build ...

... but consider sometimes u wanna go viral on the Somaprime depending on your squads auras or your Frame s armor shredding abilities ( there are a few ) ... with the big primed cryo rounds things look different ... this Setup scales much better with Heavy Caliber ... and then still keep Argon Scope for those guaranteed crits and drop Bladed Rounds for HC...

this is all under the assumption you dont have a riven

20 hours ago, (Xbox One)ThermalStone said:

I have a Soma Riven with electric and multishot but the disposition is so faint and the build is so tight that it may actually make the gun worse.  I don't like the Soma enough to do more testing.

.. agreed... you need a nearly godly riven roll to dont make the weapon worse when swapping a riven for tried and trued mods

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 11:02 AM, (Xbox One)ThermalStone said:

I have a Soma Riven with electric and multishot but the disposition is so faint and the build is so tight that it may actually make the gun worse.  I don't like the Soma enough to do more testing.

I can't recall the stats on my Soma riven, but there was a time that was my go to primary.  I break it out from time to time, but I feel you in terms of dedicating time to builds when there are so many more "enjoyable" primaries out there.

On 12.3.2017 at 9:36 AM, Repiru said:

Can I put bladed rounds to replace the heavy caliber AND put argon scope on the last slot?

On 12.3.2017 at 9:12 AM, Repiru said:

For the last slot, i'm either considering Bladed Rounds, Argon Scope(less thinking on this, I don't have much plat) or Vile Acceleration. Thoughts?

This is pretty much my loadout.

- Serration
- Split Chamber
- Vital Sense
- Point Strike
- Argon Scope
- Bladed Rounds
- Stormbringer
- Infected Clip

But big BUT:

Make sure it suits your playstyle. Argon Scope and Bladed Rounds only work when you have time to aim and get headshots. I find this setup very rewarding (red crits) with Volt or Vauban where you can freeze your targets in place for a short while.

Edited by k05h

IMO

argon scope makes the gameplay with soma more fun (trying to consistently get headshots)

shred - punch through is nice, fire rate is nice but kind of unnecessary with soma's spool up fire rate

hammer shot - general use

third elemental - would recommend instead of hammer shot at higher levels

bladed rounds - difficult to keep up at higher levels when enemies take longer to kill

riven - if u have a really good one sure, but soma riven disposition is low so i wouldn't bother trading or buying one

17 minutes ago, k05h said:

Make sure it suits your playstyle. Argon Scope and Bladed Rounds only work when you have time to aim and get headshots. I find this setup very rewarding (red crits) with Volt or Vauban where you can freeze your targets in place for a short while.

As k05h said, make sure it suits your playstyle.  For me, your mod set-up seems great already.  I also prefer Heavy Caliber on Soma Prime since I feel that mod really deals a lot of damage with little effect on Soma's spread.

For the final mod, consider using Speed Trigger instead of Argon Scope or Bladed Rounds.  With a big ammo pool, you'll seldom worry about ammo with Soma Prime. In my experience (my playstyle), I get to kill enemies faster with Speed Trigger than with Argon Scope or Bladed Rounds.