Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hellions: Inaros vs Titania

Bibliothekar

For Titania's Tribute, Hellions count as regular ranged units, but Inaros can't Devour them (I get "Invalid target", just like with any Corpus drone) because they're flying? Please decide which one it should be - having them treated differently depending on the ability is just confusing. Either they are flying or not.

Edited by Bibliothekar

Don't see the point. Wiki is clear on inaros devour skill (that it cannot be used on flying enemies) but there's no such a thing on tribute - i never even thought that it can't be used on flying ones cause why would i? it's kinda obvious

Edited by Raskolnikow

15 minutes ago, Raskolnikow said:

i never even thought that it can't be used on flying ones cause why would i? it's kinda obvious

That's not what I meant. Using Tribute on Hellions gives Dust (buff from ranged units) instead of Full Moon (buff from flying units).

Hellions aren't flying units, they are ranged units that have the ability to temporarily fly.

Also, from the Wikia...

• Devour cannot be cast on naturally flying enemies like Ospreys and Orokin Drones. Units that only have temporary flight abilities though like Hellions can still be pulled from mid-air and then devoured once on the ground.

13 minutes ago, Bibliothekar said:

Except there's the aforementioned "Invalid target" message when trying to devour them.

Yep, and because it's the Wikia and not an official DE source it's hard to say which is the correct behaviour.

I don't think the issue is Inaros vs Titania, but whether Inaros should be able to Devour Hellions while they are flying.

1 hour ago, ChuckMaverick said:

I don't think the issue is Inaros vs Titania, but whether Inaros should be able to Devour Hellions while they are flying.

I can't even grab them while they're on the ground, that's the weirdest thing. And I agree, it's not an Inaros vs Titania thing, those are just the only two frames right now who make a difference whether an enemy is categorized as flying or not.

I thought Full Moon came from enemies that could be considered "Companions", like Drakks and Hyekka, and not just flying enemies. It's just that flying enemies are generally support units that lets them give Full moon.

Meanwhile, Helions are indeed a ranged unit so they'll give the dust buff.