Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to have friends join mid-mission?

AzurePrower

Question

4 answers to this question

- Open your menu with ESC
- Go to Communication > Friends
- In your Friends Tab, click on their name and choose "Join Session." If they haven't completed the objective yet, you can join them. If not, it will say so after you clicked. If they're in a full squad, it will also tell you.
- If you want to invite friends to your game instead, and you haven't reached the objective milestone yet, just click their name and choose "Invite".
- Alternatively, you can also click on "Invite Squad Member" on top of the menu after clicking ESC. See last picture.

f52c94f839.jpg

f9c7275ee5.jpg

4d6537abe9.jpg

2640f6a856.jpg

Important information concerning the limitations of mid-game invites

Missions have "milestones" that, after reaching them, prevents new squad members from joining in. While I don't have the exact numbers and such, here are a few examples

- Endless Missions (Survival, Excavation, Defense and Interception): Once you obtain your first mission reward
- Exterminate: Half of total enemies killed
- Capture: After capturing the target

Edited by Casardis

2 hours ago, Casardis said:en contents

f52c94f839.jpg

f9c7275ee5.jpg

4d6537abe9.jpg

2640f6a856.jpg

- Endless Missions (Survival, Excavation, Defense and Interception): Once you obtain your first mission reward
- Exterminate: Half of total enemies killed
- Capture: After capturing the target

Very good summary, and I just add one more thing to that.  For spy missions, once a player in the squad enters any of the spy vaults, no new player can join the session.  I think this was to fix newly joined player accidentally triggering the alarm and causing that segment of the mission to fail because they spawned right in the middle of the vault when they join a game mid-session.