Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sobek Modding Help

Shadowcrusnik

Question

hWaeXN4.jpg

What should I put in the last two spots? (Assume that I have 19 points left, I'm still leveling it but it won't take but an hour or two to max it.)

I can also forma it a 5th time if need be, but I want some opinions. Riven mods I will consider, but they are quite difficult to get (a good one, anyways). I don't have any plat, or the money for plat. So buying it off other people is out of the question.

The plan is to take this into Sorties, even before I started forma'ing it it performed rather well, but I need it to be on par with the other S#&$ I see people pull.

8 answers to this question

Ok.Start off with removing full contact and ravage. Make it Blaze and 90% elemental mod ( I prefer to end up with corrosive and heat) / And don't forget [Acid shells] - this is must for Sobek. As an option you can add syndicate mod for utility.

I do have Blaze and a 90%. I'll have to look into Acid shells, haven't heard of it before. Also, Syndicate mod for the sobek? Which syndicate and how do I get?

EDIT: The wiki doesn't say how to get Acid Shells, so how do I get it?

Edited by Shadowcrusnik

7 minutes ago, Shadowcrusnik said:

I do have Blaze and a 90%. I'll have to look into Acid shells, haven't heard of it before. Also, Syndicate mod for the sobek? Which syndicate and how do I get?

EDIT: The wiki doesn't say how to get Acid Shells, so how do I get it?

it's from Kela De Thaym boss fight on sedna, random drops

Edit: the wiki does says where it drops, check the statistics table

Edit2: the syndicate mod is Shattering Justice from Steel Meridian

Edited by -VV-william

Acid Shells is a must for Sobek.  You can get it by beating up Kela De Thaym.  I agree that you should swap out Ravage and Full Contact for Blaze and another elemental mod.   A lot of people say no to the syndicate mod Shattering Justice (from Steel Meridian) because they want to slot for more damage and the status % increase of that mod is too low for their taste, but I like it for the syndicate proc as crowd control and I'm not a min-maxer so I don't care about squeezing every bit of dps possible.  You can also throw in a Seeking Fury or Chilling Reload if you don't like Sobek's reload speed.  Definitely get Primed Point Blank if you like shotguns.

I am gonna have to hope for certain things like primed mods or chilling reload, pretty hard to get. But Why is Full contact so bad? I get like 1.4k damage out of it. a 90% element would only give like 1.1k

Though I do understand ravage, this thing is not a crit weapon XD

you can acquire Acid Shells from Kela De Thaym.

Seeking Fury and/or Chilling Reload is pretty much a must. Seeking Fury is more practical if just one.
as aforementioned(in place of Ravage and the Physical Mod, neither are useful on this Weapon unless Elemental Resist Sortie), Blaze certainly recommended (or Vicious Spread if you're okay with using it at shorter Ranges - does come with the benefit of better Elemental Types on your Weapon). as well as another Elemental so that you make a combined Element of some sort (generally whatever the Enemies you're shooting at are weak to).
don't use the Sobek Augment unless you really want to have the Explosion - the direct bonus of the Augment (Status) is a waste of time on this Weapon, completely useless.

you're basically going to be looking at something like this generally:
csFFpuF.png

and then you decide whether your last choice is another 90% Elemental(probably to combine the Fire from Blaze into something else), a Status Elemental for more of your primary Damage Type, Chilling Reload, Augment if you want the Explosion, a Rate of Fire Mod perhaps (probably Repeater Clip if any IMO), or maybe something stranger.
obv what Elementals in particular depending on what Enemies you're currently fighting.

17 minutes ago, taiiat said:

you can acquire Acid Shells from Kela De Thaym.

Seeking Fury and/or Chilling Reload is pretty much a must. Seeking Fury is more practical if just one.
as aforementioned(in place of Ravage and the Physical Mod, neither are useful on this Weapon unless Elemental Resist Sortie), Blaze certainly recommended (or Vicious Spread if you're okay with using it at shorter Ranges - does come with the benefit of better Elemental Types on your Weapon). as well as another Elemental so that you make a combined Element of some sort (generally whatever the Enemies you're shooting at are weak to).
don't use the Sobek Augment unless you really want to have the Explosion - the direct bonus of the Augment (Status) is a waste of time on this Weapon, completely useless.

you're basically going to be looking at something like this generally:
csFFpuF.png

and then you decide whether your last choice is another 90% Elemental(probably to combine the Fire from Blaze into something else), a Status Elemental for more of your primary Damage Type, Chilling Reload, Augment if you want the Explosion, a Rate of Fire Mod perhaps (probably Repeater Clip if any IMO), or maybe something stranger.
obv what Elementals in particular depending on what Enemies you're currently fighting.

This is basically what I have except I have the syndicate augment in the last slot. I mainly just run Viral+Heat. I don't think that the augment is useless because you are constantly getting your health back (as well as a momentary stun to enemies) which is invaluable so I consider it a must.

Edited by CherryPauper

9 minutes ago, CherryPauper said:

I don't think that the augment is useless because you are constantly getting your health back (as well as a momentary stun to enemies) which is invaluable so I consider it a must.

you must have missed the multiple times i explained the exact bullet points of the Augment.

25 minutes ago, taiiat said:

Augment if you want the Explosion

all i can do it say it a third time.
if you desire the Syndicate Explosion, then perhaps use it. do not use it for the Status Bonus (the direct bonus, the primary bonus, what the Mod primarily does), because that is completely useless.