The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arcane distilling, and Arcanes permanently deleted

(PSN)RulBndr

Ok, to preface this post I love Waframe and want to see that the game is enjoyable to play. That being said there is a problem with the current Arcane distilling. As it stands, when you attach an arcane to a helmet or to a syandana and if that helmet or syandana already has an arcane installed the game will prompt you. It will ask if you like to overwrite the current Arcane already installed.

This creates a problem as the default selection for the prompt is 'yes'. This can result in accidental deletion of your arcanes. Moreover as a player with over 1000 hours in the game since its launch on PS4 i was not aware of the problem until recently, when a clanmate made this very mistake. And seeing as how his arcanes may be lost permanently I took it upon myself to warn anyone unaware to prevent it from happening to them aswell. Now i'm not one to point out a problem without a solution. If the game would hide helmets and syandanas with currently installed arcanes this could eliminate them from being overwritten. Or even a simple solution of the default answer to overwrite be changed to 'no'. 

I do care about this game and wanted to leave my feedback here to show just that, so if you could please change this system I know many players would be thankful even if they might not know it.

Even better would be removing the ability to 'overwrite' Arcane Enhancements, now that Distillers are an infinite use thing. "Distill the Arcanes from this item before attempting to install another".

It wouldn't be as good as freely swapping between Arcanes (limiting them to cosmetics is awkward), but it would be 'safer' than the current system.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Unfortunate this happened to you as well O3ZEN. I did the same thing with a full set of grace because I didn't realize that such an option would even exist in this game. Yes I can just overwrite and PERMANENTLY delete my full set of arcane grace that costs like 2000p. Also they wouldn't refund my set either. I quit playing this game because that was the straw that broke the camel's back among other changes they started making.