Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Tetra: It appears that with lowered flight speed (from a Riven Mod) Kinetic Ricochet is activated instantly rather than upon collision

VerinESC

EDIT: I did further testing using Terminal velocity with and without the - flightspeed Riven and also with a 2nd +flightspeed Riven. It seems to me that Kinetic Ricochet replaces the initial projectile with one that has a different life span. Rather than "increasing distance by 30%" it swaps it to a different projectile that lasts X seconds, I'm not entirely sure how long. 

With higher than standard flight speed the projectiles go a lot further than -flightspeed which I can appreciate however I still think it is wrong that with a lower flightspeed I can hit things further away without the mod that increases distance

In regards to: 

I posted this updated video here on the advice of @Xekrin

Console equivalent to be confirmed as I do not have access to them

Edited by VerinESC
New Research

35 minutes ago, VerinESC said:

I posted this updated video here on the advice of @Xekrin

This is definitely better, I cannot imagine who would dispute the proof displayed in this video.  But just to clarify for everyone based on what I'm seeing.

1. With Kinetic Ricochet only, it seems pretty clear the shots are getting to the target from a long distance fairly quickly.
  2. Riven Only (with negative flight speed), takes longer but still makes it to the target as it should
  3. both combined, something is conflicting in a way that is reducing the shot range to a very low value.

Without knowing exactly how they are interacting under the hood its impossible to know if this is intended or not, but (-90% flight speed) + 30% range increase = almost no range at all???  This is presuming the fact that "travels 30% further" = %30 range increase which is nearly impossible to know for sure without knowing the exact maximum base range of the weapon which the Arsenal fails to supply. 

I didn't even bother going to the wiki to look up info on the weapon, because frankly I'm tired of depending on it.

That's what I'm seeing anyway.

I believe that all projectile weapons have a lifespan for their projectiles, thats why putting mods that increase flight speed makes them go further and also why people like to combo the Lanka with Mag's bullet attractor, since it's projectile has a VERY long lifespan.

Since your riven removed a lot of that flight speed, the shots are 'dying' before it can hit the enemy.

13 minutes ago, MobyTheDuck said:

I believe that all projectile weapons have a lifespan for their projectiles, thats why putting mods that increase flight speed makes them go further and also why people like to combo the Lanka with Mag's bullet attractor, since it's projectile has a VERY long lifespan.

Since your riven removed a lot of that flight speed, the shots are 'dying' before it can hit the enemy.

Please rewatch, with just the riven and without Kinetic Ricochet the projectiles have no problem reaching the target. My objection isn't to the lifespan of projectiles but the way these 2 mods interact is what I am trying to bring up

50 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

This is definitely better, I cannot imagine who would dispute the proof displayed in this video.  But just to clarify for everyone based on what I'm seeing.

1. With Kinetic Ricochet only, it seems pretty clear the shots are getting to the target from a long distance fairly quickly.
  2. Riven Only (with negative flight speed), takes longer but still makes it to the target as it should
  3. both combined, something is conflicting in a way that is reducing the shot range to a very low value.

Without knowing exactly how they are interacting under the hood its impossible to know if this is intended or not, but (-90% flight speed) + 30% range increase = almost no range at all???  This is presuming the fact that "travels 30% further" = %30 range increase which is nearly impossible to know for sure without knowing the exact maximum base range of the weapon which the Arsenal fails to supply. 

I didn't even bother going to the wiki to look up info on the weapon, because frankly I'm tired of depending on it.

The distance that the projectile fires with both mods appears to be the distance that projectiles bounce without the Riven. I agree though, no way to know for sure as their end will look a lot more complicated than ours. I am going to try to get another - flight speed riven and rank it up 1 level at a time to see the point that Kinetic Ricochet interferes. I have also got a + flight speed riven that I am going to try just to see what happens

2 hours ago, VerinESC said:

Please rewatch, with just the riven and without Kinetic Ricochet the projectiles have no problem reaching the target. My objection isn't to the lifespan of projectiles but the way these 2 mods interact is what I am trying to bring up

Ah, sorry, I ended skipping up that part.

I'll take a guess that Kinetic Ricochet works by checking the bullet speed, like 'if bulletspeed < X, then do ricochet'

Since your Riven reduces the flight speed by a lot, what happens is that the Kinetic Ricochet triggers every instance, killing the bullet once it reaches the max number of bounces.

10 minutes ago, MobyTheDuck said:

Ah, sorry, I ended skipping up that part.

I'll take a guess that Kinetic Ricochet works by checking the bullet speed, like 'if bulletspeed < X, then do ricochet'

Since your Riven reduces the flight speed by a lot, what happens is that the Kinetic Ricochet triggers every instance, killing the bullet once it reaches the max number of bounces.

That was my assumption, I'm just about to edit the post to reflect my new findings

3 hours ago, Xekrin said:

Have done more research, edit at the top of the post