Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orbiter Decorations Adjustments

Smilomaniac

Having bought some extra decorations for the orbiter, I got increasingly frustrated with the placement options, so I wanted to give some feedback.

Basically, you seem to be oddly limited as to where you can place things, especially if the game thinks the item in question is too close to a wall or really anything at all.
Take something like the Rubedo formation; It requires a distance of something like a meter from the wall before you can place it. I assume this is because the "physical" model is actually a box and collides somehow, despite the lack of physics applied to it.

EKq5zFc.jpg

Now, I get what the issue is in this picture, it's the different heights in the floor that is messing things up and I absolutely commend you on the attention to detail when making things like that.
That being said, it would be fantastic if down the line, we could simply "nudge" (in small increments, +shift for larger incremental movement) any object we wanted to in all three dimensions, with an additional collision border around the ship that prevents you from putting them out of line of sight.

Now, I suspect an additional reason for things being like this, is that either you don't want the game to be "silly" in allowing us to clip things through eachother, or because you've used an existing collision border to program the placement option.
My wish is that you would not only allow us to clip things through, but also scale the objects like we can in the dojo, so that we may decorate the orbiter in new ways. I would love to be able to make a Rubedo crystal formation that seems to grow out of the wall, or place several displays in mid-air to form a big picture (ember butt + lotus bosom of course).

At any rate, the way it is now, it feels moot to buy more cosmetics for the orbiter, if we can't really play with them.

(I'm not a programmer, I don't know if the things I've said are the case or not, of if there are other reasons as to why things are the way they are, I am absolutely ignorant on this and may have missed several factors. If this is the case, I would absolutely like to see responses to enlighten me on this.)

A long going issue since decorations were introduced in Dojos. Greater flexibility would be really appreciated, decorating sometimes becomes such a frustrating task when it's supposed to bring us joy.

People always post this and several other good suggestions but I guess this isn't relevant enough in their big picture.

Edited by ArchPhaeton
Typo

16 minutes ago, ArchPhaeton said:

A long going issue since decorations were introduced in Dojos. Greater flexibility would be really appreciated, decorating sometimes becomes such a frustrating task when it's supposed to bring us joy.

People always post this and several other good suggestions but I guess this isn't relevant enough in their big picture.

I figured I was far from the first person to bring it up, but it really is a nuisance and repeating it is the best way to have something done about it, especially because this isn't like adding new models/textures/weapons/animations, or reworking entire systems that alter the balance of the game, but rather something that could be done relatively quick.

Just to have a conversation about it, my guess is that things like this are a sore point, where the lead devs don't want to just hand it over to junior programmers, but be hands on themselves. Since they're busy with a ton of other things, they don't get around to doing it.

To be fair, it really is a non-issue to most players, but on the other hand the people that do spend platinum on these things should probably experience a slightly better degree of "customer satisfaction", especially when it's (as far as I can understand) a simple thing. I'm not trying to sound entitled or anything, but fair is fair, y'know?

Wildstar (another MMO) has a playground for player housing, where you can plop down a ton of assets, scale and rotate them all to a ridiculous degree as well as invite people over. Obviously these are not the same games and they have different limitations (and budgets), but my point is that it was an extremely enjoyable part of the game, it's not unimportant.