Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will There Ever Be Pvp?

ShiroyoOchigano

I searched for this topic here but could not find it so I decided to make one.

Will there every be PVP beside the 1v1 which we can do at the dojo? It would be cool if we could have pvp sometime in the near future. Playing on modes like deathmatch, Capture the flag, team deathmatch etc etc would be really fun.

How far did you search, the end of your nose?  This has been covered multiple times, there is a thread every week, yours is the thread for week 28 2013.

Out side of clan duelling, no, there will be no pvp in the short term. DE want to focus on a pve 1-4 player game as the market is now saturated with pvp titles all struggling for a share, a smart move if you ask me.

ShiroyoOchigano, on 12 Jul 2013 - 11:11 AM, said:

Will there every be PVP beside the 1v1 which we can do at the dojo? It would be cool if we could have pvp sometime in the near future. Playing on modes like deathmatch, Capture the flag, team deathmatch etc etc would be really fun.

Did you know that lobsters never age, and could potentially live forever and grow to enormous sizes if they aren't eaten? Edited by Xoxile

-snip-

Out side of clan duelling, no, there will be no pvp in the short term. DE want to focus on a pve 1-4 player game as the market is now saturated with pvp titles all struggling for a share, a smart move if you ask me.

As HexCaliber said, There are so many free fps games that have all those game modes you are asking which is why DE has chosen to focus on PvE. PvE route is the road less traveled, and by focusing on PvE the game stands out a lot more in the sea of all those PvP FPS game clones.

Considering all of the crying about OP this and that when people aren't even fighting against each other, I sure hope we never get real PvP.  It will completely ruin the game.

Many people here blame PvP for causing Rhino's Old Iron Skin to be nerfed, because once DE announced Dueling there was a sudden spike of "Iron Skin is Op nerf now!" threads. There have also right now a couple of nerf X because it's too OP in Duels threads out there already. We just don't want to see anymore nerf X threads here, because of PvP. 

PvP will destroy the game.

I know this.

Copy Dark Souls. You can invade the missions of any Tenno in a multiplayer session, but only if you take off your Lotus-branded gear and use special Stalker equipment specially designed not to have OP abilities. Lotus can keep their OP gear though, since they're the ones being invaded. Gotta earn those kills, buddy!

Races.  There should be PVP Agility and Speed tests.

A good idea in a pvp thread? What is the world coming to? Anyway, I'd love to see this brought into dojos as a part of the parkour rooms that have been mentioned but a big resounding no to the Call of Battleduty Modernfield modes mentioned by OP

Copy Dark Souls. You can invade the missions of any Tenno in a multiplayer session, but only if you take off your Lotus-branded gear and use special Stalker equipment specially designed not to have OP abilities. Lotus can keep their OP gear though, since they're the ones being invaded. Gotta earn those kills, buddy!

That's actually a pretty cool idea, instead of the stalker invading you its another player in stalker frame with stalker gear lol

But truthfully that would probably be annoying for everyone getting invaded... Bye mods and mats I just found etc etc

You could always have a special pvp "sparring" frame (I mean at least then it would make some kinda sense if it's for sparring) with powers from different frames that don't break pvp. Then they'd all be on the same playing field.

And you can use any weapon you have unlocked and got to rank 30 with all mods unlocked and frame and gun potatoed, if any are really op then remove them from equipable weapons in a pvp "sparring" frame