Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Any Ideas why I got suspended?

Cirayu

Question

In Region and Relay chat I was suspended, I don't know for how long as this was about 5-10 minutes ago, I have also sent in a ticket asking about it. The thing I said "Press F to pay respects to lower tiers", Somehow that got me suspended from Relay and Region chats for what I assume is at ;least 24 hours, Can someone explain to me What in that is at all bannable or against chat usage ? I don't see any issues with it, At all.

9 answers to this question

Because the Chat bot is a very, very basic thing. Out of that entire post it homed in on the word "pay" completely out of context and thought you were trying to sell something in the relay, which is against the rules.

At least, that's what I've gathered from it. It's a really, really dumb thing to kick people for saying very common English words that can mean many things in different contexts.

26 minutes ago, BetaDude40 said:

Because the Chat bot is a very, very basic thing. Out of that entire post it homed in on the word "pay" completely out of context and thought you were trying to sell something in the relay, which is against the rules.

At least, that's what I've gathered from it. It's a really, really dumb thing to kick people for saying very common English words that can mean many things in different contexts.

Ikr? You could say "I just met with A Gay Guy Plays in TennoCon a few days ago", and the bot will pick up "gay", assume it's an insult, and boom. 24 hours.

On 19/03/2017 at 1:22 PM, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

relog and you're back in the game. 

that is not helpful at all, i already said the suspension would be over by the time I got any repsonse form DE< They  said I wa stold there and then, but I wasn't.  The closest to an "oops we messed up" was  "we apologise for any inconvenience". 

22 minutes ago, Kuulpb said:

that is not helpful at all, i already said the suspension would be over by the time I got any repsonse form DE< They  said I wa stold there and then, but I wasn't.  The closest to an "oops we messed up" was  "we apologise for any inconvenience". 

Kinda soundet like the typical "wrong chat" ban, which only limits you untill you relogg and is set by a over sensitive bot.

Longer bans (for banned words) are usually set to 24 hours from the chatbot or from 24h up to a week by moderators, should they see it fitting. Accumulates points and may lead to a permanent chat ban.

What's bannable? Depends on the calibration of the bot or on the context i guess. Difficult question since i'm not aware of eather. Probably goes for most people here... except for you, who feels attacked and thus has a biased oppinion about the whole situation in the first place, and the corresponding mod, should he remember.

It indeed usually comes with a note, if set by the bot. Desireable but optional for moderators. Ask yourself why you got banned pal.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

On 18/03/2017 at 8:36 PM, BetaDude40 said:

Out of that entire post it homed in on the word "pay" completely out of context and thought you were trying to sell something in the relay, which is against the rules.

Pretty sure it's supposed to suspend any "F" jokes/memes that encourages spam.