Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Aura Mods solo/squad

EinheriarJudith

2 minutes ago, Vademar306 said:

Wel i do have to agree that this game was never rly solo friendly and encpurages players to coop.

they said it in a dev stream they wanted to do something to improve solo play but.... it hasnt happened yet. we are likely to get new weapons and items before they revisit older systems for polish.

1 minute ago, Vademar306 said:

None of this is necessary anymore when we have riven mods.

the rivens arent good. i dont advocate power creep which they are. and they dont solve all the problems. x2 buff for solo is just the start. giving options to increase spawn i cant tell you how many player would be happy to have it.

2 minutes ago, Vademar306 said:

Med towers cant be moved and since ur likely to be running u wont get back in time to click it.

they were intended for endless and the only endless you move on (and this is a maybe) is survival and excavation

Edited by EinheriarJudith

it would be too big a buff when u first start of and newer players would find it less challenging and if u were going into endless missions a lot of players don't stay that long in 1 mission because it gets boring and rewards don't scale. As a huge part of the community consists of rather new players it would only work well for veterans that play endless, but in the end what does double cp do? it just xtends the amount of time u get to play in 1 single mission before ur overwhelmed. There is absolutely no difference to this from say making mobs lower hp or armour at the start because quite frankly you'll be doing the exact same thing as that, making mods lower armour at start so u can play that extra 5 mins to beat ur old record, and to a lot of players whats the point of that? you'll basically be making mods weaker to start with so that it scales later in the game rather than normal.

Edited by Vademar306

17 minutes ago, Vademar306 said:

it would be too big a buff when u first start of and newer players would find it less challenging and if u were going into endless missions a lot of players don't stay that long in 1 mission because it gets boring and rewards don't scale. As a huge part of the community consists of rather new players it would only work well for veterans that play endless, but in the end what does double cp do? it just xtends the amount of time u get to play in 1 single mission before ur overwhelmed. There is absolutely no difference to this from say making mobs lower hp or armour at the start because quite frankly you'll be doing the exact same thing as that, making mods lower armour at start so u can play that extra 5 mins to beat ur old record, and to a lot of players whats the point of that? you'll basically be making mods weaker to start with so that it scales later in the game rather than normal.

the enemies are already paper thin to me at the start one hit is one hit it makes no difference. this ONLY would apply to solo. squad is unaffected. most who solo non endless do so to not be at the mercy of pugs and already speed through it. solo in endless is only boring because of spawn rate. the difference between start and 30 min is minimal at best you dont see anything until 40+ min and even with a 60% CP at 40min they still have armor extending the time we get to play in endless is good. thats why they call it endless because you can stay a long time. new players dont really care about endless because even in squads they barely go full rotation. but my suggestion is not a negative since it doesnt affect squad at all and the only people who will notice it are the ones going beyond 40+. no reason to not have it. 

Edited by EinheriarJudith

what should be the case is that it only applies to endless, like small buffs you can buy each time you play endless not a mod with fixed stats, so as to glorify the ppl that participate in it, these buffs should notbe in non endless because mobs are already easy so 60% is overkill.

Edited by Vademar306

3 minutes ago, Vademar306 said:

what should be the case is that it only applies to endless, like small buffs you can buy each time you play endless not a mod with fixed stats, so as to glorify the ppl that participate in it, these buffs should notbe in non endless because mobs are already easy so 60% is overkill.

there is alot more overkill in this game than removing 60% armor. im almost surprised you said that. fatal teleport is an instant kill, a shot from either cernose, dread, or paris is an instant kill, a shot from opticor is an instant kill. using mesa ult in a room is a room clear, mag completely strips armor with polarize using x1 CP with drift mod. id image frost is the same. how the game is now people look for challenge in squads because of spawn. challenge in solo wont exist until spawn can be modified for solo and to get it you have to go long in endless. 

i suggest making endless missions separate and harder so as for a challenge for veterans like u and something newbies cant access easily without unocking, buffs could be bought prior to endless battles in between loading screens, that should be how it works instead of handing overpowered gear to noobs, and ur wrong about 1 thing, you cant make overpowered gear without mods and formas, since cp is easily farmable, giving 60cp buff is just overkill frankly since a lot of ppls mags or dreads or paris can t one shot without proper mods.

I like this idea a lot- its very frustrating playing solo / as a pair knowing you could be fighting Corpus without shields or Grineer without armour if only you were more of an extravert.

However it would switch the pressure more competitive players having to team up with people (to stack auras) to keeping them solo. Consider if you took CP and purely viral weaponry to a Grineer survival- the enhanced CP would strip armour, however then someone joins with, say, rifle scavenger- and all of a sudden the enemy just gained their armour back.

You could say auras go full power all the time but don't stack (so CP strips armour, Shield Disruption reduces shield 96% etc- regardless of how many people actually have it equipped) but then you instead are still disadvantaged as a solo Tenno because multiplayer groups will then, therefore be able to field multiple full strength auras.

Personally I still think that would be an improvement because of the sheer power of CP / Shield Disruption. I can't think of any other aura that makes that much difference to the game- but I think really that means CP / SD need a nerf, rather than changing the fundamental way the auras work in groups.

Of course all of this may change around damage 3.0 though, we all eagerly wait and see what that brings...